By all accounts, last week was rough.
As moms, when devastating things happen, we can’t help but hold our children tighter. It’s the mama bear in us, we’re ready to fight. But when the scales begin to tip from fight to fear, for the sake of our families we need to adjust our sails.
So, maybe it’s a good week to be a “yes mom.” Maybe it’s a good week to make a memory, do the unexpected, embrace the life and loved ones we have.
Say yes when they:
- ask you to read that book one. more. time.
- want to say up late and snuggle.
- say “watch me Mommy” for the 234,987th time.
- ask for something you always say no to just because you don’t want to.
- invite you to play tag/tea party/basketball
And maybe even throw in a few surprises:
- take them on a pajama run.
- have a story and hot cocoa night.
- start the day with a movie, popcorn and snuggles.
Fear knocked at the door. Love answered. No one was there. – Old English Proverb
It’s a good week to send fear packing.Leave a Comment