Note from Kat: Here is Michelle, again, with everyone’s favorite part of the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge. Exercise! Ok. Yeah. Maybe not….but it’s sooooo good for you! Read on.
Step 3: Develop An Exercise Plan
(You know the drill – check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.)
Read pages 10-15 of the eBook. They go something like this:
- Pick a Workout â€” What type of exercise would you enjoy? Mix up the cardio and strength training.
- Make it Fun â€” In order to develop a fitness habit, choose a workout that’s simple and fun. Once the habit is in place, you can concentrate on getting those abs of steel!
- Have a “Habit Workout” â€” What’s something quick you could do when you wake up late? Kat does 10 pushups, 30 bicycle crunches, and 10 squats. Be creative!
- Keep a Routine â€” Figure out a way to do something every day!
- Set a Goal â€” Post a simple goal that you’ll be proud to accomplish.
- Choose a Workout Soundtrack â€” What songs make you want to run outside and start chest-bumping your neighbors?
Pages 23-24 of the eBook will walk you through creating your Exercise Plan:
1. List all the ways you could possibly exercise.
2. Specifically plan your workout â€” What, Where, When?
3. Create Your Habit â€” What is 1 thing you’ll do everyday?
4. Set a Goal â€” Why are you exercising?
Don’t forget that Kat (@inspired2action) and I (@michellebygrace) are on Twitter each morning, along with a bunch of other gals, sipping our morning beverage of choice and tweeting #hellomornings! If you mention you are newly joining in, we’ll introduce you to the gang.
If you have any tips for starting a morning routine, why not jump over to the Inspired to Action blogfrog community and join in the discussions!
Each week you can link a relevant post from your own blog! Simply type your information and link to the specific post in the boxes below.
Are you ready? Let’s get physical!
Feel free to leave a comment letting us know you are joining in this week. If you have been participating, we’d love to hear how you did last week.
What’s your action plan for the week?
What workout will you try? What’s your back-up routine? Share your answers! Do you loathe exercise or love it?
Michelle is a wife, mom, and educator, who spends her days chasing two lively boys. Hey, wait- that counts as exerciseâ€¦ right?Leave a Comment