There is good news about the global water crisis. In 1990, 76 percent of the world had access to improved drinking water. Today, that number is nearly 91 percent and growing.
Unfortunately, nearly 1,000 children under age 5 still die every day from diarrhea caused by contaminated water, poor sanitation, and improper hygiene. Clean water frees children from deadly diseases, liberates women and children from a life spent gathering dirty water and opens the door to education, a promising future, and a full life
My guest Laura Blank from World Vision shares how you can get your family involved in ending the global water crisis in our lifetime.
In This Episode, You’ll Hear…
- About World Vision’s Global 6K water initiative
- Ways to involve your kids with big global causes to help people in poverty
- Stories of how organizations are closing the gap for worldwide water shortage
- Why addressing water shortage impacts the futures of families in developing countries
JJ Heller’s Song:
About the Global 6K for Water
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Global 6K for Water
- JJ Heller’s This Little Light of Mine
- World Vision’s Clean Water Giving Page
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Your Meal Planning is Done!
Connect with World Vision
Connect with Kat
How to Listen to This Podcast
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!Leave a Comment