Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of ten, grandmother of two, and wife to her husband John. She shares her family’s story about adopting seven children ranging in age from 2 to 16 after her three biological children were older.
In and around the hustle and bustle of family life, homeschooling, and therapy, she also manages to find the time to write fictional tales delighting and entertaining readers and non-fiction titles offering encouragement and hope.
“Maybe we’re not all called to adopt, but Jesus calls us to care for widows and orphans in some way — that might look like helping other adoptive families or foster families.”
In This Episode, You’ll Hear…
- Tricia’s amazing adoption story
- Encouragement for how to parent from a place of peace
- How to support adoptive parents in your community
- Tips for prioritizing family life around faith, family and homeschooling
Tricia’s Tips for Parenting from Peace:
- What you praise will be repeated. Focus on praising good habits instead of nagging your kids.
- Don’t respond with emotion when your kids are angry. Stay calm and give them options to cool down appropriately.
- Help kids to recognize their emotions and comfort them.
Don’t Miss This Great Resource:
My Inspired To Action Planner is included in this amazing bundle, so if you’ve been thinking of getting it, this bundle is a no-brainer. There are over 105 other digital resources too that are all designed to help moms learn and grow. It’s packed with parenting tools, recipe books, planning resources, Bible study training and more!
If you order through this link, send an email with your receipt to email@example.com and I’ll send you a fun gift (listen to the podcast to find out what it is!).
- Upcoming Book: Walk it Out
- Tricia’s Books
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Connect with Tricia
How to Listen to This Podcast
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!Leave a Comment