Mother of three adopted children—two with Down syndrome—Heather Avis has learned that it’s the lucky few that recognize God’s plans are best, even when they seem radically different than our own.
“I had no clue that by saying yes to adoption and yes to Down Syndrome, the ripple effect would happen all for God’s glory and by His grace.”
In This Episode, You’ll Hear…
- Hope for those in the journey of infertility
- About Heather’s unique adoption stories for her three children
- Her heart for changing narrative of how the world views individuals with Down Syndrome
- Practical advice for teaching our kids to be okay around children who are different or have disabilities
Encouragement for moms/women struggling with infertility:
“You want to grow your family and God knows that. He loves you and cares for you and the desires of your heart more than you can ever imagine. Just continue to hold on to hope and know that you’re not forgotten. God’s goodness and his bigness do not hinge on your ability to get pregnant or not.” — Heather Avis
Eliminate the Overwhelm of Meal Planning
Get your free 30 day trial at PlanToEat.com.
- Book: The Lucky Few by Heather Avis
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Connect with Heather
How to Listen to This Podcast
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!Leave a Comment