Today I’m talking with Jenni Eastin about raising children with learning challenges. We discuss everything from educational opportunities to managing our own expectations as mothers.
Whether your child has a learning challenge or not, Jenni has so much wisdom to share with all mothers as we choose to celebrate progress and not perfection. I hope you’ll join us for our chat today.
In This Episode You’ll Hear…
- The miracle of her family, particularly her two children
- How to navigate, as a mother, raising a child with learning challenge
- Advice when receiving any kind of diagnosis
- General things to look for if you’re concerned and hoping for an early intervention
- How Jenni handled the news about her son and what she prayed for
- How to advocate for your child
- Tips on what to say – and not to say – to a parent of a child with learning challenge
My favorite recipes this week:
Here in the US we celebrated Thanksgiving last Thursday.
I made Sweet Potato Casserole and Greeen Bean Bundles and they were a huge hit. Either can be made for your Christmas dinner as well.
I also made a quick pot of soup last night because it was a frigid 40 something degrees here in Texas. Tortellini soup is fast, healthy and simple. And it does a great job of warming Texans on the verge of hypothermia. Here are those recipes. Enjoy!
Eliminate the Overwhelm of Meal Planning
Don’t miss the Once a Year Plan To Eat Black Friday Weekend (and Monday) sale. You can get a yearly subscription for half price! Just click the image below to learn more.
Get your free 30 day trial at PlanToEat.com.
- Jenni’s book – The Purest Gift
- General Information on Learning Differences
- ADHD Essential Ideas for Parents Video
- An Experiment in Having a Learning Difference
- Long-range thinking: 10 ideas for leaving an eternal legacy
- Teaching Social Skills
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Connect with Jenni Eastin
How to Listen to This Podcast
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!Leave a Comment