Today I’m chatting about foster parenting and adoption with my friend Elizabeth Oates. Elizabeth’s powerful story will inspire you to examine your own limits and find ways to be the Church to those who need a family and to those families who have chosen to foster parent or adopt.
In This Episode You’ll Hear…
- What led Elizabeth and her husband to begin foster parenting
- Why Elizabeth wants to change her family tree
- The importance of being on the same page as a husband and wife
- How to get involved in foster parenting
My favorite recipes this week:
This week, it’s all about the crock pot. I’m restocking my freezer with easy meals we can “heat and eat” during busy Fall days.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
BBQ Pork (We love to use this meat on sliders or baked potatoes.)
Eliminate the Overwhelm of Meal Planning
Get your meals in order with my favorite meal planning tool, Plan To Eat. Drag and drop meals onto your calendar, reuse menu plans and even have it automatically make your shopping list. I kind of love it and I think you might too…
Get your free 30 day trial at PlanToEat.com.
- Elizabeth’s books :: Dealing With Divorce and If You Could See as Jesus Sees (coming Jan. 2016)
- Arrow Child & Family Ministries
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- How He Loves by David Crowder
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Connect with Elizabeth Oates
How to Listen to This Podcast
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!Leave a Comment