How To Change The World Like a 1st Grader – with Liz Griffin and Luci Hoppe – ITA80

By June 2, 2015Podcast

Like mothers, like daughters. Meet two moms who are teaching their kids that they can change the world.

ITA80-liz-griffin-luci-hoppe

Liz Griffin and Luci Hoppe have a passion for social justice and so do their kids. Their second grade daughters started an organization called the Glow Campaign and have raised money for medical supplies for kids in Africa and money to fight human trafficking.

Today, Liz and Luci share their stories and give us plenty of ideas on how we can find time to make a difference in the midst of motherhood.

In This Episode You’ll Hear…

• What God does when you feel the “parade is passing you by…”
  • Simple steps to get our kids involved in helping others
  • How the faithful action of a teacher launched an organization
  • How your kids can make a difference by joining the Glow Crew

glow-crew

Your Summer Help

Let PlanToEat.com simplify your summer meal planning. Use their online service to organize your meal plans, automatically create shopping lists and generally dominate the kitchen.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Get your free 30 day trial at PlanToEat.com.

And use my new resource – mealplanningbootcamp.com – to get all your recipes and meal plans in order in less than a week! Click here to get started.

Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!

glow-campaign
A Glow Campaign meeting.

Quick Links

1. The Glow Campaign Website
  2. Donate to the Haiti Project
  3. TheLizGriffin.com
  4. ITA15 – Interview with Liz Griffin
  5. Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.

Connect with The Glow Campaign

Blog: The Glow Campaign

Social media:
Twitter
Instagram

How to Listen to This Podcast

Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher and get the latest episodes as soon as they are available. If you’re new to podcasts, click here learn more about them!

Comments

We had a day of testing and friends over, but I’m going to definitely catch this in a little bit. It sounds like something right up my 8yo’s alley!

• Avatar Elizabeth says:

I was listening while driving. I’ve listened to every podcast so I have your (inspiring) opening speech memorized but this time when your son read it this time it brought tears to my eyes!

Elizabeth,
      I just shared your comment with him and he absolutely beamed! It’s an honor to be an encouragement.

• Avatar Rachelle says:

Just shared on FB…it’s so important and a good reminder of how we can always make room in our hearts and lives for social justice! Can’t wait to share the Glow Campaign with my family 🙂

• Avatar Ronica says:

What a great episode. I have two girls, ages 6 & 8. I signed up for the Glow Crew before the episode was half-way over. I can’t wait to get them involved, at least on the local level.
    Thank you!

• Avatar Emily says:

I loved this! I have a 13yo that has been asking to do something for the children’s hospital. I will have to follow through and get her plugged in. I love the family motto. I hope it’s okay if I steal it word for word. 🙂 My kids are 13, 16, and College. This is just as pertinent for older kids as younger. Parenting changes as they get older, but it is still All Hands on Deck, just for different reasons.

• Avatar Alicia says:

This was great! I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and I feel it’s important to start putting it on their hearts early to pour into others when we are able to. We for sure stole the family moto! My daughter (4) loves saying it every morning. She’s actually started asking over dinner, “mommy, what did you do to change the world today?” We’ve also signed up for the Glow Crew! Thank you again for sharing this. So proud of your girls! Kat, I enjoy your podcast and have listed to almost every single episode since I found your site! Keep on inspiring 🙂