How To Impress Your Kids…with God’s Word – OhAmanda – ITA73

By March 4, 2015Podcast

It’s one thing to want our kids to learn about God. It’s another thing to try to figure out how to teach them ourselves. But as you’ll learn in this interview with Amanda White, it doesn’t have to be a big, complicated, scary thing.

Actually? It’s really easy.
ITA73-Amanda-White

Amanda White is a writer, wife and mother of two amazing kids. She’s written two ebooks – Truth in the Tinsel and A Sense of the Resurrection and she blogs at OhAmanda.com.

In This Episode You’ll Hear…

• Learn the incredibly simple ways to surround our kids with God’s word.
  • Learn simple ways to start great conversations with our children.
  • Discover some of our favorite resources for impressing God’s word on our kid’s hearts.

HelloMornings

In this episode I mention that registration is open for this session of HelloMornings. HelloMornings is an online community of women who are committed to making the most of their mornings by spending time with God, planning their day and making themselves fit for the life God has given them.

God. Plan. Move.

If you’d like to join us for the session that starts March 9, learn more at challenge.HelloMornings.org.

You can also learn more about the study we’ll be doing this session by clicking here.

My Favorite Cozy Soup Recipes

Chicken Noodle Soup – I love to keep a few containers of this in the freezer for cold days or when someone isn’t feeling well.
Ham and Potato Soup – so yummy.
Tortilla Soup – this recipe is great because you can pop in in the crock pot and come home to a yummy dinner.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

I keep all my recipes and do all my meal planning at PlanToEat.com. You can check out their free trial my clicking the link below and also watch the little welcome video I made for you. If you’d like to learn more about how to use PlanToEat.com and maximize all it has to offer, check out my tutorial at MealPlanningBootcamp.com.

Get your free 30 day trial at PlanToEat.com.

Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!

Quick Links

1. A Sense of the Resurrection ebook
  2. Truth In The Tinsel ebook
  3. Read for the Heart by Sarah Clarkson
  4. Honey for a Child’s Heart by Gladys Hunt
  5. Seeds Music
  6. Yancey
  7. The Rizers
  8. Adventures in Odyssey
  9. Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.

Connect with Amanda

Blog:
OhAmanda.com

Social media:
twitter Twitter
facebook Facebook
pinterest Pinterest
instagram Instagram

How to Listen to This Podcast

Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher and get the latest episodes as soon as they are available. If you’re new to podcasts, click here learn more about them!

Comments

• Nichole says:

SO Good!
    I need to go back and take notes!
    I was inspired to set a bible time with my 16 month old daughter and pull some help from abcjesuslovesme.com that my friend told me about!

Thank you for inspiring me!

• Naomi says:

Kat, I love your podcast. Thanks for saying your kids go to school. Lately I have been feeling so down that I have to work full time and my kids go to public school because all the podcasts/blogs I read are from stay at home moms with home schooled kids and honestly life is different when you work 40 hours a week outside of the home and have to be away from your kids (even though you dont want to be). I am going to use these ideas from Amanda this Easter. Thanks for all you do. I would love to know who sings the song at the end of your podcast?

• Kat says:

Naomi,
      Jen Stanbro sings the song at the end of the podcast and the song is called God Day.

I can’t imagine how busy you must be, but be encouraged. There is no perfect way to raise kids. As long as we are walking with God, we are golden!

And as a sidenote, we don’t homeschool. My kids go to public school (one goes to private school).

• Alissa on Lakeland says:

Thank you so much for this episode it was just what I needed to hear this week and I’m especially grateful for the information on good children’s music. My 4 year old got a CD with VBS last year and we listen to that a lot but it’s time to get some other christian kids music (which I didn’t really know existed) and so I just ordered three from Amazon and am excited for us to listen to them! Thanks so much for a wonderful podcast – each week I am inspired but this week I finally took some action!

• dana says:

Thanks so much for this! I was just praying about what to do with my boys to prepare us for Easter and this is perfect!

• […] to Action is a must listen to Podcast for me. I recently listened to this podcast and was inspired to be more intentional with my girls. I’ve started Sense of the Resurrection […]

• Emily says:

Thanks for this podcast, another very encouraging one! I’m a fan of Truth in the Tinsel 🙂 lately I’ve also been exploring a resource called Kids of Integrity (kidsofintegrity.com) – it has many character-themed lessons, plus ones specifically for holidays like Easter and Thanksgiving.

• Nichole says:

That seems like a great resource! I was thinking about going through the obedience study for myself. 🙂

• Kelly D says:

Have been meditating on the verse in proverbs about pleasant words since the podcast. Is there a song that had that verse in it?

• Becca Besaw says:

I love your podcast. You are so real and I so appreciate your transparency with us the listeners. I feel like you’re a friend that I might run into at Target or meet for coffee! 🙂 I thought I remember you mentioning your kids working on a personal Bible study? Would you mind sharing what they’re using? A certain book/study?

• Nichole says:

Amanda,
    What prayer guides to use to help jumpstart your prayers?
    I believe you talked about that in this podcast.

• erin says:

this was great to listen to! kat, if you haven’t heard of the gossman passion already, you HAVE to hear it. it is the entire passion of christ according to the gospel of matthew sung to music in 6 songs. i always listened in college and have the whole passion memorized word for word (new american translation). when i was a high school youth minister i would use it for them during this week every year and it occured to me yesterday that my kids too can memorize it in time with this song. i played it all the way through (its about 30 min) and my 4 year old just sat and listened the whole time. you can dowload it or just listen right on the website here http://gossmanpassion.com/ and scroll down to where you can just press play. so amazingly done, especially this week! check it out, you won’t regret it!

• […] I also loved this podcast on practical ways to get the Word into your kid’s hearts. Simple tips that anyone can […]