Reading aloud with our children is one of the most powerful habits we can develop. But how do we find the time? What if we don’t like reading either? How do we help our children develop a love of books?
We answer all these questions and more in this week’s podcast with my guest is Sarah Mackenzie from the blog Amongst Lovely Things and the podcast Read Aloud Revival.
In This Episode You’ll Hear…
- What are the best books to read aloud for your child’s age?
- Is there a difference in the benefits listening to an audio book or a person?
- If you read just 5 minutes aloud everyday for 1 year, guess how many hours you will have read? You won’t believe it!
A Huge Thank You!
This week has been CRAZY and makes me even more thankful for this site. I normally try to think through my meal planning at least a little bit, but I just don’t have time this week, so I’m super thankful for their “saved menus” feature. I just drag a saved menu onto my calendar and now my son and I can head to the store after school with our list ready to go.
Time savers like this save my sanity!
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!
- Click here to sign up for the parenting webinar I’m hosting.
- Excellence of Writing by Andrew Pudewa
- Read for the Heart by Sarah Clarkson
- Honey for a Childs Heart and Honey for a Teens Heart Gladys Hunt
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Connect with Sarah
Read Aloud Revival