ITA #40 – How to Harness the Power of Habits

By April 17, 2014 Podcast 10 Comments

Did you know that habits account for nearly 45% of the tasks we accomplish every day?! As moms, it’s important for us to consider what habits, good or bad, we are passing on to our children.

In this episode, you’ll learn how to harness the power of habits and make them work for you instead of against you.

Grab your headphones, join me for a chat and keep reading to learn more!

Take Action

What habits would YOU like to start? Click here to comment!

Quick Links

1. Click here to register for the parenting webinar with Amy McCready
  2. Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
  3. Check out the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle (My Blog Planning Kit is included in this great deal!)

How to Listen to This Podcast

If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.

1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.

You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.

3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.

FREE Mission Statements for Moms eBook!

Join our mailing list to receive updates from the blog and the Mission Statement for Moms.

Check your email for a confirmation link. And then enjoy the eBook!

• Stacy says:

After listening to your podcast yesterday on “habits” I renewed my commitment to stretching right when my feet hit the floor! What a blessing to take time to care for my body in this way! Thanks for the encouragement to START AGAIN!

• kaye says:

you have enlightened me over a year ago to the benefit of waking before the kids and spending time with God and starting the day right, and every time i do, i never regret it. however, i regret every day that i don’t. i want to commit to doing it everyday even when im tired or didnt get great sleep because i was up with babies. your tip that just committing to the first minute and just doing a few minutes on those hard days rather than the full hour is good to keep myself in the habit and will make a difference in my day. i can so relate to the bad habit of not going to bed with the husband, and staying up too late on the ‘net eating snacks and chocolate. im setting myself up for failure the next morning. so i guess the answer to that is to commit to a new habit of going to bed on time and that will help me to reach my other goals, like getting up in the morning!! :)

i dont have fb, tweet, instagram, or have a smart phone. is there a way i can participate in hello mornings challenge anyway?

• gay webchat says:

Exactly why not a single person is covering free girl cams and accordingly the thing one should accomplish as we webcam sites Reproductions — A Really Wonderful free video chat room cheat Of which Fools 89% of the end-users.911cams was just too simple previously, however now its basically impossible.

• Rebekah Hardy says:

Really learning the value of one habit or good choice having a domino effect. Love the inspiration from inspired to action! Thank you Kat! The habit I want to build into my life is to write a portion of scripture out every day.

• Madeline says:

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you provide.
    It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information.

Wonderful read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS
    feeds to my Google account.

• Janiece says:

Kat, your podcasts have been such a huge blessing to me. Over the last year, I have developed the habit of spending time with the Lord each morning, then fixing my bed each morning:-), then adding exercise and daily planning time to my mornings. Now it’s time to go big and do some big things that I have often left on a back burner because I felt inadequate–mostly because I couldn’t even accomplish small things on a consistent basis. Matthew 6:33 has become my life verse because, through prioritizing my habits and seeking His kingdom first, so many other things have been added into me! THANK YOU SO MUCH for inspiring me and so many others to ACTION!

• webpage says:

ผม ฉัน รัก จริงๆ เพลิดเพลินกับชุดรูปแบบ / การออกแบบของ คุณ เว็บไซต์ คุณเคย ทำงานใน ใด ๆ เว็บเบราเซอร์ ปัญหา ?
    จำนวน อ่าน ได้ร้องเรียนเกี่ยวกับ ฉัน บล็อก ไม่
    งาน อย่างถูกต้องใน เอ็กซ์พลอเรอร์
    แต่ ดูดี ใน Firefox คุณมี โซลูชั่น เคล็ดลับ ที่จะช่วย แก้ไขปัญหานี้ ปัญหา ?

• Erwin says:

It’s going to be ending of mine day, except before end I am reading this great paragraph to increase my know-how.

• Tara says:

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found
    any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for
    me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good
    content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.