The best wisdom comes from those who have both struggled and succeeded. I’m honored to introduce you to my friend Chrystal Evans Hurst with you today. She is a wife, mom, author, blogger, homeschooler and runner. Having just finished her second half marathon last month, she takes us on her journey to fitness and shares some amazing advice that will definitely…inspire you to action. (I know. Cheesy. But funny. I’m sorry. Not sorry.)
Grab your headphones, join us for a chat and keep reading to learn more!
Quick Tip from Today’s Episode:
Accountability is Key
- Hire a trainer
- Sign up for an event
- Meet a friend
The most important part of accountability is to always have one of these in queue. Most of us can’t consistently afford a personal trainer, so hire one for a month, then meet a friend for a couple months, then sign up for a race, then take a class and so on. The idea is that season will come and go, make sure you always have some sort of accountability lined up next.
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
- Eat To Live by Joel Fuhrman
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
How will you take action on what Chrystal shared? Click here to tell us in the comments.
Connect with Crystal Evans Hurst
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.