Lisa-Jo Baker is one of the most encouraging people that you’ll ever meet, and today we’re talking with her about raising her children with a bigger world view. She’s got an exciting project happening (that can help us all have a bigger world view) and she’ll share why “scared is the new brave” is her motto for 2014.
Grab your headphones, join us for a chat and keep reading to learn more!
Lisa-Jo Baker is a wife, mom of three little ones, author of Surprised by Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected About Being a Mom and a blogger who sincerely believes motherhood should come with a superhero cape.
Tip #1: Invite your children into the harder stories – and the solutions
Tweet to Inspire: “Invite your children into the harder stories.” – @LisaJoBaker on @Inspired2Action –> http://wp.me/pnAs1-41X
We can talk as much as we want to our kids about poverty and need, but until they’re standing there among it, it’s not the same.
Moms are world changers right where we are – and we can do it while we change loads of laundry.
Tweet to Inspire: “As moms, we can impact the world” @Inspired2Action –> http://wp.me/pnAs1-41X
Tip #2: Give your children the opportunity to be the hands & feet of Jesus
Tweet to Inspire: “Fight for children who don’t have anyone else to fight for them” – @LisaJoBaker on @Inspired2Action –> http://wp.me/pnAs1-41X
- Partner with someone who can open the door to your family to be part of a story where you can make a difference.
- Look for ways to help in your neighborhood that include your children.
- Invite your children to activities that benefit organizations around the world, like Sole Hope or Operation Christmas Child.
- Include your children in random acts of kindness to help intentionally think of others.
- Don’t miss God’s nudges to invite you to be part of a story because you’re busy with the day-to-day.
- If you’re waiting to feel brave, you’re never going to do anything – don’t wait!
Tweet to Inspire: “We bring our small offering & God multiplies it more than we ever imagined.” – @LisaJoBaker on @Inspired2Action –> http://wp.me/pnAs1-41X
How will you take action on what you learned in today’s episode? Click here to share.
- When You Wonder If You’re Qualified For Ministry –> Lisa-Jo Baker
- Click here to get all the details on Lisa Jo’s exciting new project.
- Want to share Lisa-Jo’s project? Use this click to tweet to spread the word: “There is NOTHING ORDINARY about being a mother, especially to hundreds of kids who don’t have one.” –> click to tweet
- Watch the video below for a quick intro to what it’s all about.
Take Action Now
- Love the song in the outro? It’s called God Day. It’s by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen’s site by clicking here.
Connect with Lisa-Jo Baker
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.Leave a Comment