We all know how powerful prayer is, but how do we REALLY pray for our children? Today Brooke McGlothlin shares her passion for praying for her boys. Now, if you have girls, all this can apply to them as well, of course.
Grab your headphones, join us for a chat and keep reading to learn more!
Brooke McGlothlin is a wife, mother, blogger, author and one of the founders of the MOB Society, a community site for mother’s of boys.
Prayer impacts our children, but it often impacts us in equally powerful ways. God doesn’t want us to fight against our kids, He wants us to fight for them.
Tweet to Inspire: “My boys needed someone to fight for them and that person was me.” – @brookewrites on @HowTheyBlog
Tip #2: Pray in the Moments
Stop in the middle of moments and struggles with our children and pray for them. Prayer doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Set an alarm every hour and pray for a minute.
- Post sticky notes with prayers or verses all over your house.
- Use prayer calendars.
How will you take action on what you learned in today’s episode? Click here to share.
- Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.