Don’t miss my big challenge to you in the intro of today’s podcast. I think it’s an essential part of becoming an incredible mom and I hope you’ll take me up on it.
In this episode of the show, Elisa Pulliam shares with us her journey of becoming a more patient mom as well as her wisdom when it comes to mentoring and motherhood. As moms, we need mentors and we also need the skills to mentor our daughters. We will dive into all that and more in today’s show.
Grab your headphones and a cup of coffee and join us for a chat!
Elisa Pulliam is a blogger, author and speaker who has written extensively about mentoring and motherhood. Having worked for years with young women, she has a wealth of knowledge about how to disciple and teach our children.
Now that my own daughters are 11 and 9, I’m really wanting to learn more about how to invest in them in the best way possible so I’m just as excited about today’s show as I hope you are.
The Journey to Patience
Elisa shares her journey from anger to patience, why she made the move from “Elisa” to “Lisa” after receiving a vision from God, and how God brought her healing through counseling and learning to surrender. She offers some great tips to help other moms start this journey:
- Identify your triggers – what makes you angry?
- Learn to manage those in the way that’s best for you
- Reach out to someone for help
Tweet to Inspire: “When your strengths are yielded to God, they are beautiful. ” – @ElisaPulliam on @Inspired2Action –> Click to Tweet!
Mentoring and Motherhood
After working as a mentor for teens for over 15 years, Lisa now helps other women, specifically mothers, transform their lives through life coaching, accountability, and encouragement as they seek God’s answers together. She shares some amazing practical and simple tips on how to find a mentor, and how to mentor your own children.
Tweet to Inspire: “We can mentor Biblically when we follow Christ distinctly.” – @ElisaPulliam on @Inspired2Action –>Click to Tweet!
You’ll Also Learn:
- What mentoring means
- Tips on how to find a mentor
- Helpful hints on mentoring your children
1. Get Elisa’s book here: Impact My Life by Elisa Pulliam
- When Angry Defines You – blog post by Elisa Pulliam
- More to Be
- The 21 Laws of Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
- Focus on the Family counseling resources
2. Here are a few of my favorite motherhood resources:
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
- The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child’s Heart of Eternity
- The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ’s Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk – As with most parenting books, I’m not on board with 100% of this book, but the basic communication skills it teaches are absolutely invaluable.
- Amy McCready’s Positive Parenting Solutions program. – again, there are aspects of this program I’m not 100% on board with, but the majority of it has had a fantastic impact on my own journey as a mom.
How will you take action on what you learned in today’s episode? Click here to share.
Connect with Elisa Pulliam
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.Leave a Comment