ITA #16 – The 10 Gifts of Wisdom – An Interview with Sally Clarkson

By October 16, 2013Podcast

ITA-16-Sally-Clarkson It’s not often that we get to hear online from experienced moms on the “other side” of motherhood.

Today, I have the honor of chatting with Sally Clarkson about how to investing in our kids, raising our children to be our best friends and the most important things we can do as moms to get on the right track.
We also chat about her new book 10 Gifts of Wisdom, how she fit in writing with motherhood and how crazy cold it is in Colorado today.

Grab your headphones or a cup of coffee and join us for a chat!

Don’t forget that tomorrow night I’m hosting the free live webinar with Amy McCready. Click here for more info and to register. (FYI: There is a guest limit for each webinar – I think last time it was 400 – so if you’re thinking of attending, go ahead and register because we are very close to the 400 number.)

Links Mentioned in This Episode

Sally’s Blog – ITakeJoy.com
Mom Heart Conference Info
10 Gifts of Wisdom eBook
Mission of Motherhood
Ministry of Motherhood
All of Sally’s Books

How to Listen to This Podcast

If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.

1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.

Comments

• Avatar Rebecca says:

Thanks for another great podcast. You inspired me to figure out how to listen to a podcast on my android smartphone so I could redeem the minutes in the car while I wait for my kids to finish up their robotics club.

• Avatar Sarah M says:

Wonderful interview! I have heard so many good things about Sally’s books but had never heard her speak. That was a real treat. I appreciated what she said about face time. I can definitely relate to being too distracted and just trying to get things done. Thank you!
    Sarah M

• Avatar Beth says:

I started listening to this pod cast while my two year old and seven month old were playing in the living room. I got interrupted, pretty normal, and after I put my two year old to sleep I realized I hadn’t finished it. As I sat there, nursing my son to sleep and thinking through a stressful and agitating morning, Kat asked Sally what advice she would give a mother who is listening during nap time after a tough morning. It is so weird, but I felt considered and very relevant in that moment. Thank you both so much for your honesty and commitment to minister to women just like me.

Beth,
      That is the best reason ever for doing this podcast. Thank you so much for sharing that with me…it’s the best reward of all.

• Avatar Susan says:

My first time actually listening to Sally – it was awesome!!

I think I’m going to listen to this one again. Thanks for sharing your wisdom, Sally! Okay, so unrelated to the topic…one of my friends (a former VBS students..we can be friends now because she’s officially an adult, that totally doesn’t make me old though, right?) is friends with Sally’s daughter Joy.

• […] subscribed to some. One of my favorites is Kat Lee’s Inspired to Action. Go listen to her interview with Sally Clarkson (can you tell I’ve become a huge Sally Clarkson fan?). It’s been getting me through my […]