He is a New York Times best selling author, he speaks internationally to huge organizations like GE, Coca-Cola, Chickfila and The US Department of Defense.
Zig Ziglar said, “Andy Andrews is the best speaker I have ever seen.” He is praised by everyone from Paul Harvey, Dave Ramsey, NFL star Kurt Wariner, PGA Hall of Famer Nancy Lopez to Kenny Rogers. And despite all of his success, in today’s podcast you’ll find him to be warm, wise, humble and filled with a heart to encourage moms as we parent the next generation.
Friends, you are in for a treat today. Andy shares some fantastic parenting wisdom, including stories about his own boys, and his inspiring life story.
Andy calls parenting the fulcrum of our culture and his new book The Noticer Returns (click here to preorder it now – releases Oct. 1) wraps timeless parenting truths into a story you’ll find hard to put down. (Well, if you’re like me anyway. I have no self control when it comes to great fiction.)
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- The tragedy that occurred when Andy was only 19 years old.
- How he spiraled out of control and what (or who) got him on his feel again.
- Why, as a young man, he read over 200 biographies of great people and how it impacted his life.
- How moms can have a huge impact on our culture.
- The “proof of hope” that the best is yet to come for YOU.
- A tip to help your child make great choices.
A Great Deal for Moms
Each of Andy’s previous books on a massive sale right now on Amazon. The Kindle version of The Noticer is just $2.99 and The Traveler’s Gift is only $.99. If you want to grow in character and learn timeless principles, but have a hard time plowing through dry non-fiction books, you’ll love Andy’s storytelling style.
How to Be on the Podcast
I’d love to feature a listener each week on the podcast, so if you have a question (upcoming shows will feature Emily P. Freeman, Liz Griffin (talking about how we as moms can be naptime abolitionists), and I’ll be recording a solo session about motherhood and fitness. Click here to record your question (it’s easy peasy) so I can include you on the next show!
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
Leave a Comment
Note for bloggers: If you are a blogging, my friend Mandi is featuring my Blog Planning Kit in her bundle of the week sale. This week it is 5 ebooks to help you grow your blog and it’s only $7.40 for all 5 (which is half the price of just my Kit alone!) It’s a great deal if you have a blog or are thinking of starting one. Click here for all the info. The sale ends Monday morning at 8:30 EST.