Note from Kat: I’ve been quite busy this summer getting my new blog, HowTheyBlog.com up and running. I’ve also been working on a little project that is going to be crazy helpful for you, especially once the school year rolls around. I hope to share the details with you all in the next couple weeks.
Today’s post is from my friend Katie Orr. She’s sharing some amazing resources. Enjoy!
I hope you’ve enjoyed our How to Share the Gospel with Your Kids series. It means the world to me to know that some of you feel better equipped to talk with your kids about Jesus and about their need for a savior!
In case you missed it, this is where we’ve been:
- We talked about how NOT to share the gospel with your kids.
- We took a look at Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and gleaned 3 ways we can daily point our children to Jesus.
- Lastly, we looked at the WHAT to talk about when sharing about God with our kids. The nitty – gritty of what to focus on, using four basic Biblical truths.
Today I want to leave you will some tangible resources to keep learning and pointing your kiddos to Jesus. (affiliate links present)
Resources I’ve already mentioned:
- The Jesus Storybook Bible Hands-down, my favorite children’s storybook Bible. I LOVE how every story points back to God’s rescue plan! This is suited for children who can sit and listen for 15 minutes. (In other words, not the best choice for a 2 year old boy!)
- The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes The perfect read-aloud for toddlers (including that squirmy 2-year-old!) or a good option for early readers to read on their own. Short stories with great engaging questions.
- Family-Time Bible in Pictures Great for family devotions. Love that the stories point back to God, not just good behavior.
- Give Them Grace A good foundation for Christian parenting, and how to point your kids to Jesus instead of behavior modification.
- Seeds Family Worship A great way to start the habit of Scripture memory with your kids! They have many of their songs available to listen to for free on their site. There are also YouTube videos they’ve made.
Other books and resources on our shelf:
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart Practical read, filled with wisdom for the parenting journey. A must-read.
- ESV Seek and Find Bible This is the Bible we’ve purchased for each of our children.
- Grace-Based Parenting I haven’t read this myself, but I own a copy and have it on my to-read list. It comes highly recommended.
DVD’s we love:
- Theo I received a free copy of a Theo videos last year at Allume. I’ve since purchased the rest of the available videos, because the kids love watching them and my husband and I love what they teach. Each video is centered around important theological truths necessary to understand the Gospel.
- What’s in the Bible These are all fun and entertaining videos, and go through the Bible from Genesis on. There are LOADS of free resources on their website, including coloring sheets, family worship ideas, and video clips of the DVDs. There is one video I highly recommend all to watch. It is an incredibly powerful visual for the wrath-absorbing death Jesus died for us. I’ve embedded it here for you to watch. Grab a tissue. (This video is 11 minutes long. If you only have a few minutes, fast-forward to 6:45 and watch from there.)
Online Gospel Resources:
- DesiringGod.org FREE Parenting Resources From interviews with Pastor John, to free ebooks, and LOADS of sermons to listen to, this is an incredible resource. Bookmark this and come back to it often!
- Printable Prayer Cards I made these up years ago, but spruced them up just for you! They’re FREE for all subscribers on my blog, and I pray they will be an encouragement to you as you trust God through prayer for the salvation of your loved ones.
- OhAmanda.com Especially great for those of us with little ones. Amanda is truly gifted in creating fun and meaningful crafts and activities which teach Biblical truths.
What tools do you use to point your kids to Jesus? Have any of you started having more meaningful conversations with your kids as a result of this series? Let us know in the comments!
Grace-clinger. Truth-speaker. Pastor’s wife. Mommy of three. Auburn fan. Loves to equip others to walk with the Lord for a lifetime.