Everything Changes In 22 Days

By July 30, 2013General

20130730-101906.jpg

22 days.

It hit me yesterday like a ton of Legos.

I have 22 days.

22 days until everything changes for the next 12 years, which is basically forever.

You see, in 22 days my youngest starts full day school, so all my children will be in school all day long, all year long…

Sniff. Sniff.

Ok. Technically, it’s just 7 hours a day, 5 days a week for 2/3 of the year, but I’m feeling melodramatic. Indulge me.

Regardless of the details, I have decided to take a brief blogging break for the next…

You guessed it…22 days.

In the meantime, I’ll be sketching rough drafts of the Mom Planning Kit, brainstorming podcast interviews for the Fall and most of all, I’ll be praying for you. So stay tuned, enjoy your little ones and if there is anything I can be praying for you, please share in the comments.

See you in 22 days. {fistbump}

Comments

• Avatar Cori says:

Our youngest kiddos must start school on the same day! Hard to believe. Feeling a bit melodramatic here, too! Enjoy your break!

Thanks Cori. Melodramatic moms unite!

• Avatar Myra says:

Melodramatic mom here too! My little girl started kindergarten last week, and my boys, fourth and fifth grade! I’ve got a two years left with my baby before he starts school too, and I’m already feeling “sad” about that! Enjoy your time off, Kat! Like many other women, your words have been a great reminder and encouragement to me today. I’ve been so caught up with schedules, meal plans, homework, housework, etc., that I’ve not been a very fun mommy lately. “Love them deeply.” I will remember that should be first and foremost. How sad (and embarrassing) that I seem to have forgotten that lately. Thank you for the reminder Kat!
        Love and blessings to you!

• Avatar Bren says:

I totally understand. I will be so sad when my little one starts kindergarten. They grow up so fast after that. And, you no longer feel like you have a little one.

Pretty much! Although, having older kids is extraordinarily wonderful. They’re just not quite as cuddly. 🙂

• Avatar Cindy Brown says:

Hi I just realized in 23 days my only child will go off to college….prayers please as we go a new direction in our lives.

We’re starting back the same time too! Except I’m homeschooling. Not the same, but still, they’re growing up. Enjoy your time, and make lots of memories! See you in 22 days. 🙂

• Avatar Eliz. K says:

wow, I really needed to hear that last paragraph. my little one has been dealing with a severe allergic reaction to a medicine, not sleeping at night (at all?!), cutting molars, and learning to walk in the last week. starting the day before 4 this morning (after nearly a week of rough nights) had me wondering. your words brought life.

• Avatar Kim says:

Take every moment that you get with him. They grow up tooooooooooo fast!!!

• Avatar Michelle says:

I am a mom of three, and a Nonnie to one. My youngest daughter is just entering her senior year of high school…sniff…so I do understand what you mean. It is hard, but enjoy them while they are home. Pray for them often laugh with them often and love them always is my motto

• Avatar Michelle says:

• Avatar Michelle says:

• Avatar Erica says:

I just want to say thank you. Lately so many of your words have spoken to me, in a deep and reassuring way. How to be a more patient mom, be a woman of action, have a game plan, the FB reminder about bring someone’s whole world (the girl holding the sign – super adorable too)! You are making a profound effect on my mothering. Thanks.

• Be blessed Hon! You deserve the break.
    Isn’t God so good? He gives us the time to smother our children in love and affection so that by the time they actually go to school they really, really, want to!! LOL!
    I looked at my baby (5) last night and wanted to shout/scream/laugh/cry/dance all at once because she is such an incredible blessing to me.

• Avatar Courtney says:

We are on the same countdown schedule. Can’t believe it! Enjoy your much deserved break 🙂

• Avatar Marie says:

You don’t even know how I really needed this paragraph: Remember: The God of Heaven and Earth chose YOU to be the mother of your precious children. He made you for such a time as this. Love them deeply, serve them wholeheartedly and teach them diligently. You’ve got this.

• Avatar Tamara says:

I’m so happy to hear that you are planning more podcasts this fall. I discovered you this spring and I’m all caught up and ready for more! I’m a first-time, antique, adoptive mommy to a 7 month old boy, and your podcasts got me through some long nights!

• I just said to a friend recently that it takes wisdom to see what you need to do and then courage to do what needs to be done. I’m glad you’re stepping back for 22 days. Enjoy your family and be refreshed!

• Avatar Daniella says:

Hi! Enjoy your days off! May you be refreshed and spend such beautiful time with your children and family!
    I just wanted to say thank you for the way you inspire and encourage all of us moms. I LOVE your posts, and honestly I love how they are short! How you can be so motivational and inspiring in just a few paragraphs I’ll never know (gift from God!), but I love that I can read them in a minute or two, and in keeping with what you are inspiring me to do, jump up with a cyber ‘fist bump’ and get to that work that God has laid before me! Thank you for sharing your heart for serving the Lord through serving your family, and it had blessed me tremendously to read your posts. Thanks!!!