ITA #8: How To Be a Good Mom on a Bad Day

By March 11, 2013Podcast

ITA-podcast-artwork5In this episode of the podcast I tell you about a terrible day I had and what I did about it.

It’s an 8 step plan that helps me when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I hope it helps you too!

How to Listen to This Podcast

kidpodcastingIf you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience.

They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.

Ways to listen to a podcast:
1. Right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting app. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. To subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone and subscribe.

Have you ever had a grumpy day? What do you do to correct course on a hard day? Click here to join the discussion!

Comments

• Avatar Melissa Urick says:

Kat, your podcast was timely and great wisdom for me today! Thank you for being “real” about your grumpy days! I actually open windows and/or doors when we’re at home, to keep me accountable in my attitude toward my kiddos on my bad days! Terrible, but honest ; )

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Melissa,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed it! And I don’t think that’s terrible at all. It shows what a great mom you are – you know yourself and you’re doing whatever it takes to be a great mom!

• Avatar Renee says:

That was a great podcast.. I’ll have to make sure to remember to come back here to hear all your lovely tips when I have a “grumpy” day

Much love
    Renee

• Avatar Rosanna says:

Listened to this yesterday on the tail end of a terrible day. So timely and yet such simple advice. I will be listening again, and taking notes so I can remember it all. Love your line, “Your a Mom, your kind of a big deal, now go be awesome.” Made me cry yesterday.

Once again, great reminders!! It’s almost like you’re sitting here talking to me. :p

• Avatar Kristin says:

Thank you Kat!
    This was a much needed topic! I admire your honesty and willingness to be genuine. It is refreshing to hear that other moms feel things like grumpy, over-critical etc…Thank you for not only being honest but for your willingness to work hard to be the best for your kids! I am inspired! Thank you!

• Just wanted to say thank you for this. I listened to this the day before I was terrible sick with a sinus infection and headache and I’m in my third trimester….so yeah. This week was pretty bad for me. But, since I had JUST heard this I knew how to handle me being all grouchy-pants and handle my boys on their off-day from preschool (which was yesterday). So a HUGE thank you for this podcast! You rock, girl! Keep it up! I love your blog, podcasts, and you!!!

• Avatar Angela Billups Smith says:

I have listened to this podcast at least 4 times. I was beyond encouraged by your authenticity about “grumpy mommy” b/c the devil tries so hard to make me believe the lie that I am the only one that is like this. But even more so, to hear you describe yourself as justice-oriented & tendency to nit-pick was so good for me–THAT IS ME and I didn’t even realize it! Thanks so much for the incredibly PRACTICAL 8 Point Plan!! You are soooo AWESOME and I am so much better as a mom b/c of your ministry here!!

• […] mornings. No really. Because then you can put your kid down for a nap and listen to podcasts like How To Be a Good Mom on a Bad Day and How To Make Your Kids Forget You’re Mean and you can have the lovely Kat Lee tell you that […]

• Avatar Mel says:

One of my favorites. Such great and simple ideas! Thank you.