ITA #7: How To Be A More Patient Mom in 24 Hours

By March 1, 2013Podcast

20130301-165725.jpg

This episode of the InspiredToAction.com Podcast is all about how to be a more patient mom in just 24 hours. Who needs that goodness? I know I do!

Today we’ll chat about 5 simple steps you can take today to increase your patience level by 198,731%. Clearly that is a very scientifically determined percentage.

In this episode, I mention a few friends:

Kristen Strong
Sarah Mae

How to Listen to This Podcast

If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.

Ways to listen to a podcast:
1. Right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting app. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. To subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone and subscribe.

What tips do you have to help us be more patient with our children? Are you going to try the “24 Hour Patient Mom Challenge?”Click here to join the discussion!

Comments

• Avatar Karen H. says:

Loved your podcast today Kat! I realize that I am more of a ‘wall of sponge’ than a ‘wall of jello.’ When my kids are emotional and whiny it can change my mood (and not in a good way) in a heartbeat. Your comment about ‘imagine a kid with an emotional parent’ really hit home. I will definitely incorporate this little nugget into my day.

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Karen,
      Oh…I totally get that. I have trouble being a wall of sponge too! Praying we’ll both be a little more Jello-y today.

• Avatar Shonda says:

I really needed this today. I feel like I have NO patience. God is really working on me in this area. Thanks!

• Hi, Kat! I only found your blog about a week ago. I really enjoyed your podcast. Being there in the moment with my kids is something I’ve been working on. When I’m not distracted by a million other things, it really does help me to enjoy my children, and not get grumpy over the normal kid stuff. Thanks!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

I’m glad you enjoyed it Danielle. Being in the moment is such a challenge in this day age, isn’t it? But you’re right, it’s so worth it!

• Avatar J S says:

This was great! Never listened to a podcast before…and I listened while paying bills. 🙂

Thank you for doing this…I felt like you were speaking about my life and my kids!! I can’t wait to be a wall of jello…maybe we’ll make some for dessert tonight as an insider reminder to myself!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

JS,
      Welcome to the world of podcasts! I hope to create them more often, so hopefully all your bill paying sessions will be a bit more enjoyable. 🙂

• Avatar Emily says:

Ok- this is my first podcast to download to my phone.
    Loved it.
    Thanks!!!!

• Avatar Faith says:

Oh, Kat! Thank you so much for this! Your comment about being a wall of Jell-0 hit me like a ton of bricks! My son has been coming home from school so angry and frustrated lately (it’s been a rough year) and I have totally just nit picked at the how disrespectful he sounds…not even realizing I’m missing the fact that he needs to vent! As a result we have had a pretty yucky relationship lately! Can’t wait to use this!

• Avatar Nicole says:

I really enjoyed this podcast, I feel exactly the same way on almost everything you said and it was so encouraging hearing a mom say out loud the things I feel, but so many times can’t say. I’m inspired to action, not sure if I can do it starting today seeing as how I’m up at like 2am but tomorrow definitly and I’ll come back and share how it went. Thanks, Nicole

Great, great reminders!!! Came just at the right time. I need to create that white space.