That Time I Lied to 2,000 Women…

By February 28, 2013General

kat-jimmyIn the span of a mere 7 days, I apparently lied to over 2,000 women.

You see, I did a couple back to back conferences this month and in my introduction at both events I talked about my wonderful, strong, steady, smart, just-what-a-man-should-be husband Jimmy. And I mentioned that we are about to celebrate our 14th anniversary…

Except we aren’t.

You see, Jimmy informed the kids yesterday (and apparently me…) that today we are celebrating our FIFTEENTH anniversary.

jimmy and kat wedding

I am a bad wife.

The moral of this story is this: Get married in a year that ends in 0 (i.e. 2000, 2010, 2020 etc). It will keep you from having to sign up for remedial Anniversary Math classes.

Happy anniversary, my love!

How many years have you been married? Have you or your spouse ever made an Anniversary error? Click here to share!

Comments

• Avatar Renee says:

haha you are adorably sweet and funny 🙂 Happy anniversary!

• Ha! Yes, I did that last year! Except I added a year to ours, and kept saying it would be our 17th. *This* year is our 17th…last year was our 16th…I need remedial anniversary math, too. 🙂

• P.S. Happy anniversary!

• Avatar Deb says:

Our anniversary is 2/29… so my math revolves around it NOT being on the calendar. 🙂 We are 17 years this year!
    Happy Anniversary!

Blessings on the journey~

• Avatar Larri says:

Hahaha! Happy Anniversary! 🙂

We celebrated 19 years Feb 24th…except I thought we were supposed to celebrate on the 26th. I got the day instead of the year mixed up. Happens to the best of us. 😉

Wishing you a wonderful day and many more years together. Be blessed, friend!

• Avatar Amber says:

Haha oh my goodness. It’s ok, you’re not alone. My husband and I have only been married 4.5 years and in that time I have forgotten the day of our anniversary and how long we have been married. Bless my husband for keeping up with it!

• Avatar Melissa says:

We got married in 2000 and so far neither of us have forgotten how many years we were married. Originally, I joked we were doing doing it so my husband could remember but it helps me too.

• Avatar Brianne says:

Haha! I loved this! Actually last month I was writing the “How We Met” section of our new blog and my husband was reviewing the page and afterwards he stated, “Um, we actually got married in 2011. Not 2010.” I wrote the whole page referencing 2010! Oops! I don’t even have that many years to remember – we are celebrating our 2nd year anniversary next month 🙂

In other news, I miss you Kat! 🙂

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Brianne,
      Well, if someone as fantastic as you can make an Anniversary Math mistake too, then I feel much better about it!

Also, I love seeing all your fitness and healthy food posts on Instagram. Inspiring… 🙂 I think Balut is a paleo food. (Do you remember the Balut?)

• Avatar Brenda says:

That’s funny because after 27 years of marriage I still have to do the math! I had to figure it out to answer your question! 🙂 I thought it would be a number that would be ingrained in my mind but I think the problem is that it keeps changing. And then when you add children with birthdates and ages and school grades it is just too many numbers in constant flux to remember! 🙂 Happy Anniversary! Have a great day and a blessed year!

• Avatar Shelly W. says:

Ha! That’s hilarious. I am definitely mathematically challenged, so I guess it’s a good thing that we got married in a year that ends with “5.” We’re celebrating 28 years this June . . . I think.

• You are so not alone! One year, my husband and I totally forgot our anniversary until my mom-in-law called to wish us a “Happy Anniversary”. We both looked at each other and laughed!! We have not forgot since. I just tell my husband that everyday feels like our anniversary because he blesses me everyday with such a wonderful, kind, loving, honest, and open relationship.

• I have mistaken the day we got married (I keep thinking 6th rather than 3rd). But, we have not been married long enough to make an anniversary goof up. Six months on March 3!

• Avatar Meagan says:

Ha! We’re celebrating our 16th in just two weeks. I sometimes I have to think about what the actual date of our anniversary is because we were married on March 15th but our first date was March 16th the year before. Both dates are stuck in my head. Believe it or not David is the one who easily remembers which is which. Such a good man! 🙂

Happy Anniversary!

• Avatar Becky Daye says:

So funny!! Happy anniversary!!! We will actually be celebrating 15 this year as well and my husband figured out how to easily remember it- just add up the numbers in the year- 2013 = 15. 2014 = 16. etc. Hope that helps! Yay for weddings in 1998!!!
    Hope your day is filled with much celebration!!!

• We will be celebrating 5 years in December. Or I guess I should say we just celebrated 4 years this past December. I like looking ahead though 😉 our 2nd child’s birthday is 12/22 and our anniversary is 12/21… I often get them mixed up! Whoops!

• Not an anniversary, but I do remember the year Dan told me I was a year older than I thought I was. He did the math on the place mat where we were having dinner. I thought he could have at least waited until the next day and told me.

• Avatar Amanda Langworthy says:

Happy 15th!!!!!!!!!! I got married in 2000 🙂 so that helps ALOT 🙂 we will be married 13 years this June! 🙂

• Avatar Nicole says:

On our 4th anniversary we were in the midst of buying our first home and we just had our third child. Needless to say we both forgot and my mother looked at me at around 8pm on the day and asked, “Isn’t today your anniversary?” I looked at her like she was crazy and then thought about it and we all had the best laugh ever.

• Avatar Stephanie says:

Nope, doesn’t work, we were married in 2000…I still mess it up! How?? NO IDEA! Must mean I’m never sure what year it is 😉

• Avatar Kathy says:

Several years ago. My husband took a trip to the wilds of Canada to go fishing with a bunch of friends. We both knew he would be missing our anniversarybut that was ok. The day of our anniversary I called his best friend to give him the heads up about the day. while they were on the river his friend said “You should probably call your wife”, my husband said “She knows I’m in the woods, I don’t need to call” His friend said it a few more times. Finally, he told him “Today’s your anniversary” to which he replied “I need to call my wife”.

The next year we showed up to church and during the announcements the pastor said “Kathy, Brent wants you to know how much he loves you and Happy Anniversary”. I didn’t have a clue!

• Sweet!

On one of our anniversaries my husband got up in church and said this:

I know you are all wondering how Phyllis and I have such a happy marriage so I thought I would share our secret with you.

When we got married we agreed that she would make all the little decisions and I would make all the big decisions. So far there haven’t been any big decisions.

We all enjoyed a good laugh.

• Avatar Krista says:

We were married in 2000 and it has helped us keep track!! Happy Anniversary!

• Avatar Janice Morrow says:

This made me laugh. We were married in 2001 so all I have to do is subtract 1 from the current year…so 12 years in June:-)

• Happy Anniversary Kat!
    My marriage is 23, and we married at 23 years old, so I have been married half my life. It feels like an accomplishment, and I mean God’s accomplishment! Once when discouraged I said to God, “I don’t want another x years like the past x,” and he all but said, “Now that wouldn’t be trusting me, would it?!” I laugh/cried and said, “Count me in for your upward work in me!” It’s been good. Hard, but good at 23 years and I certainly don’t feel that old!

• Avatar Mary says:

This April is number 10!!! Congratulations, Kat! I totally agree about years that end in zero or five. But I sure didn’t want to wait any longer… lol You were/are gorgeous. I love your dress

• Avatar Tina says:

25 years. And on our first anniversary, I thought we were ,arrived on the 7th, not the 6th. It was the sixth. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

• Avatar Tina says:

m.a.r.r.i.e.d. Not ,arrived.
    Silly spellcheck! 😀

• Avatar Sharon O says:

This November will be our 40th. YES that is 4 0 and I am happy about it. Not sure what we are going to do, wanted to do a cruise or something fun but money is a small issue.

• Avatar Laurie says:

In November, 1995, we had our 3rd baby in 3 years. In December, bleary-eyed, we answered the phone to an out-of-state friend who said, I just wanted to wish you all a happy anniversary! We thanked her and didn’t mention that we were so tired we had both forgotten! We’ve been married 22 last Christmas, and it just gets better every year.

• Avatar cam says:

Ha! We’re almost wedding twins! (Or is it quadruplets, when you add our husbands?) We just celebrated our 15th anniversary earlier this month (Feb 7th)!
    I agree, it’s been tricky to keep up with the numbers having been married in ’98. There’s nothing to use to go by! The past few years, I’ve had to stop and quickly subtract (and then add, or subtract, whatever!) before I can tell people how many years it is. LOL! Happy Anniversary!

• Avatar Ashley S. says:

Three years this month… I got married in a year that ended with 0… LOL! Good call.

• Avatar Jessika says:

I’m often trying to count up our years properly. We were married in November of 1996. I finally figured out to just take the year we’re in (ie: ’13) and add four (to make up the difference from 1996 to 2000) to equal the number of years married. Happy Anniversary!

• Avatar Jane says:

Ha,ha,ha! Because it just feels like yesterday, right? Happy Anniversary to you both. We were married in 2000 and even then I still have to work it out.

• Happy Anniversary! It happens to the best of us for sure. I forget the day all the time and I am sure I will forget the year someday in the future. But we are hitting our 5th year so I will give it 2 more years before I forget.

• Avatar CindyC says:

Happy anniversary!

Our 8th anniversary is coming up in a few months, but I have a fun little story along those same remedial math lines:

My husband was working with a guy who was the same age, they graduated high school and college at about the same time. They were talking one day, and my husband said how old he was. He was certain he was 26 at the time. His coworker questioned how it was possible, since he was 30. They did the backwards math, pulled out driver’s licenses, and lo and behold, my husband was actually almost 30! Apparently his age got “frozen” since we had gotten married–he hadn’t aged a bit!

• Avatar Lizzy says:

Bless you Kat! I did the same thing (except to waaay less people) recently. I told them we’d been married 10 years (thinking that this September would be our 11th anniversary). Hubby informs me that this year will actually be 12 years. He’s a maths teacher. It’s why I married him 😉

• Avatar Southern Gal says:

Ha! We were married in 1980 and my husband still can’t keep it straight!

• Avatar Ellie Mae says:

I don’t think we have ever forgotten , but we have been married 26 years!

• Avatar Kendra says:

My hubby and I are celebrating 15 years in August! Your wedding dress looks just like mine! You have great taste! 😉

• Avatar Krista says:

Bahaha! I sooo get this! We were married in 2001 and it still messes me up! My husband ALWAYS gets it right. Fortunately, he is very understanding. =) The other problem for me is that we were married on the 20th, so, quite often, I actually switch the numbers in my head and think we were married on the 21st in 2000! It’s just a rounder number…

Thanks for sharing!

• Avatar Amanda says:

LOL, that is too funny. My husband and I both remember that we have been married 5 years (our son is 4, so that kinda helps). However, he is constantly forgetting how old I am and makes me younger (not that I’m complaining on that one!).

• Avatar Monnie says:

My husband and I have been married for 12 years! We got married in 2000. Best decision ever. I made it easy for him to remember

• Avatar Chrysti says:

Well be married 3 years in August. My husband says he remembers or anniversary date because we got married on Pakistan independence day (14 August).

Happy anniversary Kat!

• Avatar Alyssa says:

I have been married 13 in June, and I did get married in an even year – 2000.