Time To Take Action Mamas…

By January 11, 2013General

Alright friends, it’s time to take a little action today – on behalf of moms everywhere.

Guess what book is sitting at #86 in all of Amazon books?

Nope. Not that one. No. Not that one either. Ok. Give up? (The picture above is a subtle hint…)

A book about biblical motherhood. Say what?! I know you don’t believe me, but it’s true, look:

That’s the rank information for “Desperate Mom: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe” by my friends Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson.

Y’all…that’s crazy.

It’s a book for moms and it’s about Jesus – that’s a pretty specific niche and for it to be ranked so high several days after it’s release is amazing.

But the higher it goes, the more traction it will get and more weary moms will receive some much needed hope. So, if you have thought about buying it, today is the day.

It’s the last day of release week, so blog about it, Facebook about it, Tweet about it, go yell on the street corners, playgrounds and grocery store checkout lines.

There are so many weary moms who need this message that they are not alone and that there is hope.

Book Trailer

My Favorite 2 Minutes on Youtube

(rss and email readers, click here to watch these videos.)

Action Steps

1. Get your copy of the book here.
2. Go to the Desperate Mom website for photos, Tweets and other resources that make it super simple to spread the word.
3. Pray for all the weary moms who need His message of hope.

Remember…

You have been chosen by the God of Heaven and Earth to be your children’s mama. “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.” (2 Cor 8:9) So, take His hand today and go be awesome.

(Fist bump.)

– Kat

Comments

• Avatar Rebecca says:

Looking forward to this book! It breaks my heart to see young mommas “going it alone” because I remember how hard (desperate is the *perfect* word!) that time was in my own life. I have a busy household full of teens right now, but I hope to use my own empty nest years to encourage and bless a young mom.

• Avatar Heather says:

woot! (thank you for clearing up something for me…I thought it was “fist pump” which never made sense to me…)

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Heather,
      Bump or Pump? An in depth analysis:
      Both are actually right…just different. A fist pump is more when you raise your fist in the air and pump it back and forth. It’s more solitary and something you do from afar (like cheering from the stands or standing on stage talking to a crowd).

A fist bump is what you do when you bump knuckles with someone in solidarity. It’s team thing. I envision looking at someone with serious eyes and saying, “You have SO got this. Let’s go!”

End thesis.

• Avatar Mel says:

Reading this from my treadmill (cooling down), proof that encouragement from sisters in Christ spurs me on! Bought the Maxwell book, plan to get this one too.

• Avatar Karen Sesnon says:

OK – I clicked “order now”…..I wish this book had been around 30 years ago and I’m pleased at the inclusion of the voice of an experienced mom rather than just more self-help concepts. What’s sorta funny is that I watched the trailers/videos and was telling my 27 yr old daughter (mommy to a 3 yr old) about it. I remarked that it’s my heart to reach out and help young mothers but I have health issues and can’t even clean my own house let alone someone else’s…she stared at me and said “Mom, you are doing it – you are helping me”. Duh, palm to forehead…I am full time granny nanny to my live-in 3 yr old grandson but somehow I guess I didn’t see that as “helping a young mother”. So there is another book waiting to be written for the mid-life women who are struggling to keep it all together as they help their parents and their children and their grandchildren. I’m excited to read “Desperate” and apply it,

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Karen,
      Oh, yes, you ARE helping! My own grandmother played a huge part in my life, just as you are with your grandchild. What a blessing your are to your family!

• Avatar Amy says:

I watched the book trailer, and before I saw it, I was really looking forward to the book. Now that I have seen it, I am unsure if the book is written for someone like me or not. Perhaps you can tell me.
    I am not just a mom of a little children. I have two preschoolers, but I also have a kindergardener, two school age children and one preteen. I still feel alone and desperate and pretty clueless most days, and I do have sleepless nights with the toddler, but I also have to balance school activities and the needs of the older children as well. I do not fret over all the things that I fretted over when I just had little ones only. (feeding and sleep schedules, potty training- although we still do that, of course, and it is always hard, but I do not have to fret because I do know all my children all will eventually get it.) . Would I find encouragement from this book? I am afraid I am not at the point where I am the “older, wise mom” – I am the mom in need of the hope!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Amy,
      Oh, I definitely think you’d be encouraged by it! I don’t even have any preschoolers anymore (mine are 5, 8 and 10) and I loved it and didn’t feel any sort of disconnect while reading it.

• Avatar Lisa says:

I am supper excited to read it!

• So, I read this in the care while Sarah was driving. “Mama, why are you crying?” Because Kat means so much to me. When you have such loyal generous, thoughtful friends who love you, it makes the tears flow.” Just saying,….., thanks for your article, from my heart.

• Avatar Sarah Mae says:

Kat, thank you so much for this! You are so kind and generous, and I can’t wait to see you again at Mom Heart!

• Avatar Danielle says:

I’m partway through and I.love.this.book! Exactly what I needed at this point in my life.

• Avatar Kristin B. says:

I just received my copy and I can’t wait to read it! Also my first time ordering from Dayspring and I am really happy!!

• I’m leading a group!!