The Inspiring Video Every Mother Needs To Watch.

By January 2, 2013General

Y’all….I haven’t been this excited about something in a long time. But my friend Sally Clarkson made a video that is going to absolutely be the best thing you’ve watched in a long, long time.

It’s the very thing we as moms need to hear today…and everyday.

One Mom Heart to Another – Sally Clarkson

(RSS and email readers click here to watch the video.)

And can I just say? This I truly who Sally is. She is an incredible encourager. If she could, she would say all of this with each of you over a cup of tea. She would tell you, very specifically, the things she sees in you that you do so well.

She’s right, you know. You ARE a wonderful mother.

I pray that you are deeply inspired to love your children well today. Go be awesome!

After you watch this, um, please tell me I’m not the only one who got all teary eyed. Wasn’t it powerful? Click here to comment.

Comments

• Avatar Michele-Lyn says:

Such beauty, truth and wisdom here. Teary, yes. But my soul is encouraged. Spirit souring. And I feel fresh wind blown in my sagging sails. Motherhood is a high calling, fit work for the Kingdom.

Thank you for sharing!

• Avatar Brigette says:

^^ That! ^^

Thank you! Its been a discouraging couple of years with one thing or another and I’ve been overwhelmed at the thought of heading into yet another year tired, hurting and feeling like my efforts as a mama go unnoticed and unappreciated {therefore not good enough – mama-logic at work there!!}. Thank you for the reminder that that is not the case. This is something I’m going to go back to again and again!

• Avatar Sandra says:

These encouraging words are what I miss most about not having my mama around. Thank you!

• Avatar Julie says:

Your not the only one Kat! How I wish I had known about all the wonderful resources you share when my children were Littles. I pray that I will be this kind of grandmother because I definitely didn’t always mother as a ministry. Thanks for all you do to help Moms be ministers in their homes.

• Avatar Melissa says:

No, you are not the only one. I think it was almost instantaneous for me. Thank you for sharing, as my little family tries to get back to normal after the craziness of the last month; I needed this.

• Avatar Melody says:

I cried at the end….working from home & wanting to keep a clean house, etc… I don’t spend enough time with my girls….I need to stop & change that. My goal is to set timers to break up my day. Two hour of working, an hour or two with my girls……then spend as much time as I can at night after bedtime to catch up on what I don’t get done during the day. That way I can work & show my girls I love & value them, but giving them my time.

• Avatar Shannon says:

Wow. Yes teary eyes. How appropriate to hear this words at the start of a fresh new year. Thanks for sharing!

• Avatar Katrina says:

How rich to be reminded that we are gardeners of our children’s souls. Thanks, Kat, for sharing.

• I didn’t want to get teary, but you were right – I did!

• Avatar Allyson says:

I really needed to hear this today – what an enormous blessing! It’s so easy for us moms to focus on the challenges, but an encouragement like this reminds me to focus on the positive. Thank you!!

• Avatar Sarah says:

Beautiful video, thank you!

• Avatar Haley says:

Beautiful. I need to write these words down, frame them, and read them whenever I’m having one of those days.

• Avatar Huppicke says:

So good to hear. Hard to believe. Very teary eyes.

• Avatar Diana Drexler says:

at first piano key…..

• Avatar Christie says:

Definitely teary. But because it makes me feel that I have failed so much. I feel so inadequate. I want to be in love with my child and his angry and difficult disposition make it so hard. How can I ever live up to the role in front of me?

• Avatar Monika says:

Christie, I understand where you’re coming from. It doesn’t seem like a mother should be able to feel dislike or even sometimes hatred towards her child, but it happens because we all have a sin nature. I have to remind myself that love is a choice, not a feeling. I can CHOOSE to show love to my difficult child even when I’m not feeling it – to smile at her when I see her, to show affection to her, to spend time with her doing things she likes to do, to speak sweetly and kindly when I feel like yelling. I can make her feel loved and help to build a better relationship between us. I have also been encouraged lately by multiple friends of mine with personal stories of how difficult and angry their own children or children they knew were, and how they were changed completely by a change in their diet. Cutting out sugar or food coloring or preservatives, for some it was cutting out wheat, for some it was dairy. It’s trial-and-error, but what I have heard and read has been enough to give me hope. It sounds like something you may want to research as well.

• Avatar Donna says:

Of course I cried. And held one of my four daughters tightly and she stood next to me.
      Christie,
      We were created to fail. We are born sinners. We all feel inadequate. Give yourself grace as the Lord does. I have to read many inspirational, biblical devotions in order to get me through a day sometimes. Stand on one scripture or parenting tip for the year. or month or day. Take one moment at a time. I give myself a break “time alone” “time outs” , when I am getting too upset. And there are many days like that. I have four children 8 and under whom I homeshool..there are very hard days sometimes. But I always find my way back to scripture.
      Find a woman who you can be real with and vent to. A prayer partner. I’ll begin praying for you. Don’t forget to hug and kiss your kids. That’s a goal for me in 2013. Gotta get schooing πŸ˜‰

• Avatar Keri Misawa says:

I was teary before she even started speaking! The seed scene turned the faucets on stronger! Wonderful encouragement, thanks for sharing!

• Avatar Madalyn says:

This is such a wonderful example of our Lords mercy and grace. I have been feeling so inadequate lately. As a mother of 4 and a homeschool mom it is so incredibly overwhelming. God used this video (and Sally) to encourage me on my journey as a mom. Thank you for sharing it!

• Avatar Laura says:

Oh yes! I cried! She knew exactly how I felt. Perfect. Thank you!

• It was beautiful and inspiring!

• Avatar di says:

Tears are tripping me!!! so inspiring to stick at what we feel an exercise for and to encourage us to go on in our chosen path and to go on WELL. Thanks for sharing. Is it you on there Kat – its beautiful!

• Avatar Emily says:

Thank you. I really needed to hear this today. I wept as I watched. I think maybe I need to hear this every day. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Anne says:

Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Though that house was incredibly clean πŸ™‚

• Avatar Allison says:

Yes, cried and cried…the job of being mommy is so hard and so demanding and so very selfless, but we are being guided by the ONE who can help us at all times. I have felt like a failure so many times that I have cried myself to sleep because of the way that I treated my children, but ladies we are washed clean and His mercies are new every morning! Satan wants us to feel defeated and give up, our hope lies in Him alone and He is the only One that can give us strength and the only One to wash away our sins and ugly times, and He will!

• Avatar Heidi L. says:

tears, yes. πŸ™‚

thank you sally – you are a vessel of the Lords enduring Love.

thanks for sharing, Kat – i’ll pass it along as well.

~H

• Avatar julie says:

So lovely, just as everyone has said. Particularly loved the generational aspect of this. As a mom of young children figuring out our rhythm and battling the culture of our day, I love it when an “older and wiser” can encourage without preaching. I hope in turn to do the same for those coming behind. Each of us has a pearl to share.. where it is something new to try or to avoid! πŸ˜‰

• Avatar Theresa says:

Sally is definitely a blessing to all of us. What a wonderful insight to say we are gardeners of their souls – to remind us of the importance of what we daily might find ourselves feeling is routine and thankless. Planting seeds and awaiting their growth takes nurturing, warmth and time. To me that’s patience and God’s plan popping up to say, “Be still and know I am God.” This was definitely an “aha” moment for me! Thank you for sharing it, Kat!

• Avatar Heather C says:

I think I started to tears 20 seconds into the video!!!

• Dear Daddy | says:

[…] stop by Kat’s place and watch this video. Β Take a moment now, click here, and be blessed. var dd_offset_from_content = 40; var dd_top_offset_from_content = […]

• Avatar Christine says:

Definitely teary. This is a beautiful message, and how I need it as I haltingly begin a new year dedicated to this place of motherhood. Thank you so much for sharing it, Kat!

• Avatar Shannon says:

Thank you Kat for posting, thank you to Sally for making such a great video, this is like my non-new-years-resolution. I want to be a better mom by doing just what she described–taking the extra time to play a game, draw, teach, read to my kids. To “up my mom game” this year. Perfect! I need to watch this video every morning to start my day with Intention!!!

• Avatar BLE says:

I wish I could be a mom…

• Avatar Sara S. says:

I so need to save this and listen to it everyday! So thankful to hear these words. I definitely got teary eyed!

• Avatar Diana says:

I needed this today, and no, you weren’t alone in the teary eyed arena! πŸ™‚

• Avatar Taylor says:

ummm….okay. I’m bawling my eyes out! Thank you for sharing, Kat! And thanks for the truth message, Sally!

• Avatar Sally Clarkson says:

Sweet, wonderful Kat,
    Just now reading my last week’s mail, and here you are posting the video.
    Thanks my always encouraging friend. I am so grateful for you. Can’t wait to see you soon. Love to you and your sweet ones!
    Sally