SAVE THE DATE for the Meal Planning Boot Camp (and More)

By January 7, 2013General

photo credit

Happy Blogiversary!

This month is the third blogiversary of InspiredToAction.com. I have absolutely loved sharing this motherhood journey with you all. We’ve done HelloMornings together, we’ve gone to the Philippines together, and we have realized that moms are kind of a big deal together.

Looking Ahead

For 2013, I am passionate about learning together. Next December, I want you to look back and see a year of growth. A year when you transformed from January to December, in big and small ways. I dream of playing a part in your personal revolution.

That is why I blog. That’s is why I wrote the ebooks and give them away. It’s why I started HelloMornings.

I may not know much, but I want to share everything I know. And for all of you way ahead of me, I just want to cheer you on; maybe give you a fist bump and say “You’ve got this!”

Two Homework Assignments
In an effort to intentionally grow, I have two assignments for us this month.

1. Read

I already mentioned that I’m reading through the 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell and I encourage you to pick up a copy too.

Your assignment is to read through the intro and Chapter 1 by the end of the month. I realize that reading one chapter in a month sounds like a small goal, but it’s a book that requires some journaling and prayer, so I want you to read AND process Chapter 1.

I’ll blog about it at the end of the month and I hope you’ll join in with your thoughts and the nuggets you took away from the book.

2. Save the Date

Over the Thanskgiving holiday, I shared a Black Friday sale that the site Plan To Eat was offering. I saw so many of you signed up and I want to make sure it is a worthwhile investment for you, so I’ll be hosting a Meal Planning Boot Camp the week of January 21.

We well take one week and TOGETHER, we will go through the process of adding in recipes, making menu plans, making a grocery store battle plan and figure out how to cook as painlessly as possible.

I’m working on tutorials and screencast videos of how I handle meal planning, shopping and cooking so that you can see, not just read, how I manage it. That doesn’t mean you have to do things my way, but I hope it will inspire you to create a plan that works well for you.

I’ll have more details for you soon, but for now, just save the date. Also, please note that I’m just doing this because PTE has been one of the most useful tools I’ve found. I’ve gone from banging my head on the pantry every day at 4pm to having yummy food on the table each night (mostly). They did not contact me about doing this and I am not associated with them at all.

***Coupon Code***
I did, however, email them and ask if I could get a coupon for those of you who didn’t get a chance to sign up over the Black Friday sale. They were super nice and sent me a coupon for Inspired To Action readers for 30% off! So, if you want to join us for the boot camp, just save the date and go sign up at Plan to Eat using the coupon code PTEBOOTCAMP.

Fist Bump

It’s a simple start, but…y’all… we are going to rock 2013.

Recap: Start reading and save the date (Jan 21-25).

What part of meal planning/shopping/cooking do you dislike the most? Click here to share!

Comments

• I have been doing pretty poorly at menu planning the past several weeks, and it’s not pretty! It results in more stress, more money eating out, and less healthy meals. I feel like sometimes I’m in a groove and at other times I just really struggle. However, as a whole last year I really got into a groove with finding a method that worked for me. I absolutely love the idea of Plan to Eat and I have tried it. My biggest problem is that I’ve already got a good thing going with organizing my recipes that I want to try in Evernote and it would take a while to move them all to (and categorize them well in) Plan to Eat. The automatic import thing on blogs especially doesn’t always work 100% perfectly, although I’m super impressed with how well it does work. I think if I would just set aside a couple hours to get things rolling in Plan to Eat it would work well for me.

• Avatar Heather says:

I can’t tell you what a wonderful gift you are offering. The perfect gift for my 2013 in fact. I have tried and tried meal planning….but it doesn’t ‘stick’. I’ve even tried the 30 day free trial over at PTE last year…ugh. 🙂 But NOW I have you as a guide and a great coupon to boot!! Can’t wait to get started!

• So excited about the meal planning boot camp! I purchase PTE over Thanksgiving (per your suggestion) but I don’t think I am getting the full benefit from it yet! I need a veteran to teach me how. Can’t wait! Meal planning is definitely one of my “need improvement” areas. My fam will thank you. 🙂

• Avatar Marcella F says:

My least favorite chore in meal planning is recipe searching. I am a member of PTE, so it is easier for me. I just don’t like sitting down and deciding what to eat.

• Avatar Monica says:

I love to cook, but find the toughest part of planning is working around food restrictions in our family (wheat, dairy, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, nuts). That makes it tough to use recipe ideas others have shared, as most people I know haven’t cut these things out of their diet. The upside? I do love to cook! Thank the Lord.

• Avatar Flyinjuju says:

My biggest struggle… Trying to eat clean, but not having a ton of regular recipes that I love which equates to me not planning anything and getting takeout. 🙂 I did sign up for PTE and enjoy using it. I would love more easy and clean recipes to try that other moms like.
    Thanks Kat!

• Avatar Gina says:

Definitely hate the planning!!!!

• Avatar Carol says:

ALL OF IT!
    Planning worst of all.
    Shopping next nemesis.
    Fixing it is tolerable.

One of my goals for 2013 was to get meal planning under control. THANK YOU, in advance, for the help. I will be there on 1/21!!

Carol

• Avatar Bethany says:

Thanks Kat!! That is so thoughtful of you to want to share some meal planning tips. I bought the plantoeat and was all gung ho about it till surprisingly the new year…now I need some more motivation. I appreciate that when you recommend products you take the time to write about it and help people get the most out of it. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you and reading your blog. 🙂

• Avatar Tina says:

Planning is definetily my weak area… I can’t wait for the week of the 21st! Thanks in advance… Looking foward to it!

• Avatar Tricia Jones says:

Thank you!!! Looking forward to it.

My challenge is cooking something that is healthy but delicious and easy-ish. I joined plan to Eat but haven’t used it yet. *Sigh

I just procrastinate on all things cooking, shopping, etc but recognize I need to tackle this area. So, Thank You very much for putting together the boot camp!

• Avatar Brittani says:

My hardest part of grocery shopping is unloading the groceries at my apartment with a toddler and a baby. It is really kind of humorous. Ha. I have even tried loading up the double stroller with groceries and carrying the kids. I have found the best solution is to only take in the cold stuff, and then go back for the rest during their naps. I just laugh at myself every week.

Now, the part that is hard with planning is that my husband wants gluten-free, low-cholesterol diet, and I need a lot of iron. I am also trying to cook things that my toddler will eat. That’s the tricky part. 🙂

• Avatar Maureen O'Brien says:

Cleaning up afterwards, when I’m really tired, kids need baths, and just want to unwind with the family. 🙂

• Avatar Tab says:

Love love love love the cooking and the researching and the pictures and the recipes and the tweaking and the… I get caught up in it and then we don’t eat until late. 🙁 Hate the planning and the grocery list making (and the shopping!).

Totally looking forward to the bootcamp!

• Avatar di says:

Hi Kat. Totally appealing. I actually just hate the shopping part itself, here in New Zealand its the peak of summer and im six months prgenant with two kids. Ive promised myself a more relaxing summer by shopping online and paying for pick up ($5 extra) and i just walk in the store and they have picked and packed all my list and they even take it to the car for me – poor pregnant lady in the heat that I am LOL! I find its great because whilst i can’t afford delivery as im rural, i also benefit from online shopping while my kids sleep and they advertise the weekly specials and i don’t impulse buy – i totally stick to my list! So im thinking Plan to Eat is the next step for us! Is the 30% off the annual $39 fee?
    Thanks for inspiring us 😉

• Avatar Melissa Hendrix says:

I agree! I bought in on the Black Friday sale as did my bestie but I know we aren’t utilizing as we should!! Can’t wait!

• Avatar Meagan says:

This is great, Kat. You know how much I LOVE meal planning. 😉

I have a suggestion for the boot camp (which you may have already thought of). Maybe you could suggest that those who are interested in sharing recipes could put their PTE username in the comments along with a general description of what kinds of recipes they use…quick and easy, whole foods, vegetarian, meat and potatoes, paleo, etc. That way we can connect with others who are approaching menu planning from the same perspective. Just a thought! Thanks for sharing all your meal planning wisdom with us!

• Avatar Lee Ann says:

Do you mind to share your PTE username so that we can share recipes with you? I have been using PTE for over a year now, but have been very inconsistent of late. I would love to get started back, but need to spend some time updating my recipe collection. My username is leeannwc…I try to collect quick, easy, kid-friendly whole food recipes. Many are also free of milk, eggs, and nuts d/t a food-allergic son. Thanks for your help and encouragement!!

• Avatar Ellie Mae says:

I am so dumbfounded, bored, sick of planning meals. It is just my husband and myself for dinner most nights. But Lunch is a problem as well. I keep my grandson and it just doesn’t seem to happen a lot! I dislike with every bone in my body meal planning!

• Avatar Heather says:

picking out the recipes is my list favorite…ones the boys will eat…ones that aren’t too complicated…keeping a variety (for my husband…he’s a variety kind of guy. i could eat the same thing every night for a week). excited about bootcamp! woot!

• […] friends! Next week is our Meal Planning Boot Camp and I’m super excited. I have been recording the screencasts and getting everything ready for […]