Meal Planning Boot Camp Graduation Day!

By January 28, 2013Meal Planning Boot Camp

graduation-caps
(photo credit)

(The Scene: Picture Drill Sergeant Kat pacing back and forth, hands clasped behind her back, addressing you from a stage on a hot spring day as you sit in your Ninja costumes, blazing hot and hoping she’ll finish her monologue of mixed-metaphors soon…)

Congratulations! It’s Graduation day. You have completed the Meal Planning Boot Camp (If you have no idea what I’m talking about, this link is a good place to start).

I have to say, I’m really proud of how hard you worked. You came in here as a pack of scrawny, nervous meal planning newbies and now you are a trained team of lean, mean, meal planning machines.

I know it wasn’t easy, but you committed yourselves and didn’t flinch, even in the face of grocery shopping with kids. That takes guts. Well done recruits…

…I officially pronounce you Meal Planning Ninjas. Wear that title proudly, teach the others and use your powers for good.

The Power of Automation

grocery-shopping
Just like with anything else, when you are able to automate one thing, it has a butterfly effect on the rest of your life. This one small improvement can free up your time so that you can begin to research healthier meals for your family. You are likely to actually use those recipes because you know exactly how to file them and you have a system for adding new recipes to your rotation.

That healthier eating might inspire healthier thinking and more movement. All of that can impact the long term health of you and your loved ones.

I know it seems like a really small thing, but your new automated system of meal planning could have a big impact on your family. I know it was hard work, but I hope it will prove to be more than worth it.

Ninja Reunions

This isn’t farewell. (music softly plays in the background…”and friends are friends forever…”) I didn’t train you just to drop you. We are in this together, through thick and thin.

I will be posting regular check-ins to keep us all on track with meal planning this year. I haven’t decided if the check-ins will be weekly or monthly, on the blog or via social media. Feel free to share your ideas in the comments.

Giveaway!!

easy-homemade-big-box-2Mandi Ehman, author of Easy Homemade – an ebook filled with 60 recipes for healthier, homemade versions of processed pantry staples, is giving away 3 copied of her book to 3 randomly selected winners AND a $1 off coupon so that everyone wins. Use the coupon INSPIRED2013 to get your discount. Click here to learn more about Easy Homemade.

To enter, just leave a comment and answer these two questions:
1. Did bootcamp help you? What helped you the most?
2. If I did Boot Camps on other areas of life, household, blogging, personal growth — what specific topics would you be interested in?

Click here to leave your comment.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

If you enjoyed the boot camp, don’t forget about the 30% off coupon (PTEBOOTCAMP) that PlanToEat.com offered to us. Now is the perfect time to sign up for the trial and then use the coupon before it expires.

Comments

• Avatar Melissa says:

1. I enjoyed boot camp and found it helpful…the most helpful part was probably the adding friends part and the Q&A.
    2. I would love a boot camp on a house cleaning/ paper decluttering!

Thanks, Kat!

• Avatar Kelly says:

1. Absolutely helped! I started with a few recipes and now I have over 100, I have “friends” and I know how to use the shopping list. Thanks so much!

2. Home organization and paperwork.

By the way, I already have Mandi’s book so if by chance my # comes up, please pick someone else. πŸ™‚

• Avatar karen says:

I loved this…it was short and simple and it made me learn how to use plan to eat even though I have had for a year and never really utilized it. Any short and to the point boot camps would be great. If I win please pick another winner….I have this awesome ebook from Mandi!!!

• Avatar Natalie says:

1. I really loved that I was able to connect with other women through the friends function and get so many more great recipes. Also, the bootcamp format kept me motivated to follow through.
    2. Would love more bootcamps on personal growth or household organization.
    Thanks, Kat!

• Avatar Brooke B says:

1. I was much more motivated to explore new areas of PTE knowing that you had handy videos to guide me. I also loved the community aspect of it…knowing that there were many others out there who were learning the same things I was.
    2. I’d love a bootcamp on household organization!

• Avatar Katie F says:

1. Enjoyed boot camp. It has been very helpful with planning ahead especially for shopping.
    2. A boot camp on household organization or spring cleaning.

• Avatar Nancy says:

Yes, this bootcamp was tremendously helpful! Thank you for introducing us to Plan to Eat! And it has been FUN, especially adding friends…it is exciting to see so many healthy recipes leaning towards some of the new things I have been learning this year about gluten free, soy free and coconut water, oil, milk, etc.
    Kat Lee, you have my attention:) Being a kinesthetic learner, the video’s are great and I will tune into any tips to live life more productive for the glory of God! I would specifically be interested in the topics of household & blogging. Blessings to you and your family!

• Avatar Carolyn says:

I did lots of this planning before, but on paper, and using recipes from different books and sites; what helps most will be having it all in one place. Being able to have all my recipes, plus more to search from in the same place, then to be able to drag and drop it all… it’s simpler.

Household and blogging boot camps might be of interest. Again, I’m content with where I’m at with both, but getting new motivation and inspiration is never a bad thing!

Thanks, Kat!

• Avatar Laura says:

1. Yes, for sure! I loved the step-by-step process.

2. Household would be the next area I’d be interested in, but I’d at least check out any other boot camp you offered.

• Avatar Shannon says:

1. This bootcamp was a great help in getting me kick started on my meal planning. I liked the reminders about what works for making things more automated to improve efficiancy, even though I couldn’t afford the website cost, I was able to create reminders for myself in Outlook.

2. House hold cleaning and maintaining is where I struggle hugely, and I can’t seem to find a routine that works with my busy life. A bootcamp would be great in that area.

• Avatar Melissa says:

1. Yes! You made me go through the process and I now have enough recipes in to do my “go to” meals!! I bought in November and am so glad you did this!!
    2. Household would be nice to get motivated!!

• Avatar Erika says:

I would love help with cleaning/organizing, personal growth, or parenting!
    I have Mandi’s book…highly recommend it to anyone!

• Avatar Megan says:

1. Bootcamp was SO helpful! I never even knew a website like this existed. I think being able to add “friends” and their recipes was an extreme plus. You really feel like you’ve got people out there helping you.

2. Organization would be a great bootcamp.

Thanks so much!!!

• Avatar Aintzane says:

1. Lots of fun, I recruit some friends my self also πŸ˜‰ Hope I can keep organizing this part of my daily life.

2. House cleaning…. Bufff… that is the hardest thing at home, I think….

• Avatar Catina says:

1. I love this Bootcamp. I wasn’t sure how much I would use it so I signed up for the 30 days free, but I will definitely be subscribing now. I initially wanted the meal planning feature, but I am finding that I love, love, love the shopping list. Also I am using the friend feature a lot more than I thought I would. This morning I wanted a recipe for banana pancakes to use up some ripe bananas and I found that 3 of my friends had pancake recipes with bananas in them. Love it!
    2. I would like some sort of household organization or cleaning bootcamp.

• Avatar Kathy says:

1. I had been signed up for PTE for 2 1/2 months. I loved having the step by step video screencasts because there were several features that I was not aware of yet. Thanks again.

2. I agree with the rest of the posters. household organization/paper clutter.

• Avatar beth says:

1. I LOVED boot camp! Not being very organized I have really struggled with meal planning for my family! Rarely could I find the recipe I needed in time to actually use it. Now I feel so energized when it is time to plan our meals, PTE makes it FUN! (and quick). My biggest benefit came from the tutorials, you did a great job with them!
    2. I would do any boot camp you offered after the success I feel from this one. I would be most interested in a personal/spiritual growth boot camp.

Thanks Kat! Meal planning has been a New Year’s resolution for me for a few years now. It feels great to check that off my list!

• Avatar Joanne says:

1. Absolutely! I signed up for PTE on Black Friday, but figuring out how to use it and finding friends was so difficult that I set it aside. Thank you for leading us through it one step at a time. I already have two weeks of menus, and enough recipes from friends for about two months. I feel like a grad student! A printed menu is on the fridge, and I shop with my smartphone. My second least liked chore is now a sweet one. If only we could do the same with cleaning the bathrooms… πŸ™‚
    2. I agree with those of you who asked for paperwork help; I would also like to find a way to schedule a routine in the craziness of life with teenagers, classes, and volunteer work.
    Thank you, Kat, so much, and thank you to everyone who has shared recipes.

• Avatar Brada says:

1. Yes, it most certainly did. It helped me get started on what I think it going to be an awesome addition to my life. Just finished shopping and it was lovely!!!
    2. Bootcamps would be great. Things like organization, fitness and running, I would enjoy.

• Avatar Susan Herold says:

Boot camp was the best thing to get me started with PTE. It was like having a community of women cheering you on and keeping you accountable all at the same time. Definitely the videos were excellent resources for the visual learner that I am.

Other BootCamp suggestions would be organization tips, cleaning tips, blogging is an interest of mine, keeping a manageable schedule specifically speaking to smarter ways to plan your day so that you make the fewest trips in the car in a week. With gas prices ridiculous and time being so valuable I find myself as a new stay-at-home-mom never at home. I have some ideas and your ebook has helped me plan my days better but I am always open to more tips. Blessings to you and I am forever grateful for all I have learned.

• Avatar Kristi Wick says:

Organization is key. Being able to point, click and print is wonderful. Excited about the coming year and eating healthier with less stress. Now if it would just link coupons… πŸ™‚

A boot camp on personal health might be beneficial. Scheduling all those “need to do appts”, a day for emotional wellness and spiritual wellness, a day about friendship, a day about marriage.

• Avatar Lisa says:

Having a time frame (one week) really helped me to get my act together. This has blessed me more than you’ll know! Thank you again for taking the time to put this together for us!

A Bootcamp on keeping a good daily schedule would be great!

Thanks again!

• Avatar Nichole says:

1. The best thing about bootcamp was having specific assignments to break down the process of learning to use PTE. Without that, I would never have blocked out 30 minutes (or more) per day for a week to work on meal planning or made the whole thing such a priority, and my subscription would have gone to waste. That has sparked some ideas about other projects I might tackle in the same fashion.
    2. What about a Christmas in July Bootcamp? – get our gift lists ready, start making gifts, planning ahead, etc. just for one week.

• Avatar Lindsay says:

1. I have been a PTE user for a few months. I just jumped right in and got started as quickly as I could because I needed help getting meals planned and being prepared. This boot camp has taught me about some features I had not explored yet and has been very helpful.
    2. I’m sure I could benefit from many other bootcamps, I am just not sure where to start.

• Avatar Kimberly says:

1. PTE has really helped me focus on the planning (duh!) that is the purpose I know! But really it’s making me transfer this focus to other areas in our family! πŸ™‚

2. Clean your house bootcamp~!

• Avatar Regina says:

This came at the perfect time for me! My cousin had her baby at 30wks. She stayed here 7 days & has gone back to be with her maker. I’ve been able to feed my family & hers in the middle of all this chaos! Thank you thank you!!

Time management bootcamp.

• Avatar Stephanie says:

I’ve had PTE since the Black Friday sale and I had entered maybe 10 recipes and never used the planner. Now I have 29 friends, 100 recipes, this week’s meals are planned and we are headed to the store this afternoon with our list to get our ingredients!

I always thought I was “good” at meal planning but honestly it was all on the fly and often fell through the cracks (insert “takeout”!). I think I’m pretty saavy about home organization too and deep cleaning, too, but my house would say otherwise. Bring on the boot camps!!

• Avatar Christy Lynn says:

Thank you for doing the meal planning boot camp! I already love Plan To Eat. I started late, just started this weekend. I loved adding my meals and having the grocery list. Thank you for encouraging and pushing me to do this. Thank you for showing steps so it didn’t seem overwhelming and for sharing your recipes!

I used to do “Fly Lady” for cleaning and de-cluttering around the house. Over time I have fallen out of the habit, even though I would love to keep the skills. I would be encouraged by somebody else doing that as well!

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and what tools help you and your family!!!

• Avatar MA Gragg says:

1. I found PTE via my daughter and signed up for the free 30 day trial. I was so frustrated that I wasn’t planning to buy. Thank You for the time and effort that you put into the boot camp, I have really been able to use the site now and will subscribe.
    2. A boot camp about fitness might work for me, I tend to put it off and then it is dark or cold or my favorite show is on.

• Avatar Yvonne says:

LOVE PTE!! Thank you so much for introducing me to it AND explaining all the features. I love that I do not have to dig through my recipe binders to meal plan….most of my recipes are from websites that I just printed so it was so simple to drop them into my PTE recipe book. I even made a menu plan for breakfasts that I alternate weekly and just drop into the week I am planning!! I would absolutely love more bootcamps, such as time management, healthy eating, exercise routine, emotional wellness, etc…. Lots of good ideas for future bootcamps in all the comments.
    Thanks Kat!

• Avatar Marci says:

1. Yes boot camp has helped me tremendously! I still need to do the assignment from yesterday which tells you I am definitely the sort who needs her behind kicked, so thank you! Gonna go finish now…and make your salsa chicken crock pot recipe! πŸ™‚

2. Future boot camp on housecleaning. Need a plan to attack it and maintain it, badly. Desperately. Sniff, sniff….

thanks Kat! Hope to meet you at Sally’s Dallas conference in a few weeks!

Marci

• Avatar Lorri says:

1. Boot camp was great! I’d signed up for PTE last fall, but hadn’t really put in the time to make it work, and was thinking that it would just be another wasted program. But the step-by-step breakdown was great incentive to just do it and put it to work for me.
    2. A boot camp on making the most of the before / after school times would be great. We recently switched from home schooling to public schooling, and are still trying to find our wings with making the most of those times so that they aren’t stress filled.

• Avatar Melissa P. says:

1. Boot camp was great! I am still a fledgling… But using it!!

2. Blogging!

• Avatar johnnajohnston@gmail.com. says:

The boot camp helped me a ton. I’ve looked at plan to eat before and was a little overwhelmed. But after following your simple directions, I found it to be very easy and intuitive.
    I would love to have a boot camp on keeping household chores in check.
    Thanks for all your help!!!

• Avatar Jaime says:

Yes! It helped so much. I only had about 45 spare minutes today, but in those minutes I did a menu plan AND shopped for groceries! Amazing!

I’d love a boot camp on house cleaning. I’m going back to work after years of being a sahm, and really need to automate my cleaning.

• Avatar Betsy says:

Yes, the boot camp was very helpful. I thought I did menu planning pretty well, but I’d get overwhelmed each month when it was time to plan the next month. Then I’d make so many changes as I went along, I could hardly read my calendar with all the scribbles on it! I wasn’t going to subscribe to the PTE software, but I’m think I’m hooked now. Your tutorials did a great job of explaining how and motivating us to use the different features. I love how easy it is to drag-and-drop meals onto the planner.

As far as other boot camps, I could really use help with housecleaning, organization, and paper clutter.

Thanks for all your hard work, Kat!

• Avatar April says:

1. Boot Camp has been life changing for me. I feel empowered, less stressed, and confident when it comes to battling meals AND grocery shopping!! I spent the weekend putting together 2 weeks’ worth of meals and went grocery shopping! I had one person make a comment while I was in the grocery store, β€œWOW, look at you that looks cool” as I pulled out my iPad to reference my list and breeze through isle after isle! My favorite feature is the Shopping List and I love how I can put my list in the order of how my local store is set-up, as well as divide it up by where I shop (I have 3 different stores that I purchase grocery items from). I can’t thank you enough for putting this all together Kat! Your encouragement and videos were spot on!
    2. Personal growth Boot Camp: Incorporating personal time with your husband, God, and time for ourselves. This includes exercise, date nights? etc…I feel like most if not all of my day(s) is spent working/cleaning/taking care of our son.

Thanks again Kat!
    April

• Avatar meghan says:

1. yes! helpful to be challenged to organize and think through meals
    2. keeping the house clean/ organized. oh my, do i need help. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Maria says:

The best part for me was the videos, and just the consistency. I looked forward to checking in for accountability.
    I would love to have a boot camp on organization and paper clutter, especially kids’ school paper clutter.
    Thank you!!

• Avatar Faith says:

1. Found the bootcamp very helpful!! The main thing that made it so helpful was the homework, believe it or not. It made a huge task less overwhelming by breaking it down into smaller tasks. I no longer feel overwhelmed.

2. An organizing bootcamp (would love for my basement to stop being a dumbping ground for all our junk) or a nutritional bootcamp would be great!

• Avatar Sandy says:

1. I loved the simplicity of adding new recipes…especially once I added “friends”!
    2. Organization or if you could lead me in moring workouts!

• Avatar Heather says:

1. This was great. I started using PTE when the coupon came out initially, but this really helped me utilize it more fully. The accountability of the daily posts and “homework” helped me clearly understand the website’s features. I look forward to many more weeks of stress free meal planning! With the basic plans out of the way, I have more mental and physical space to handle the unexpected things life inevitably throws at me.
    2. I think cleaning/organizing with little ones underfoot would be a great bootcamp. There are a lot of facets to that though, it’d be hard to cover them all!

• Avatar Jen says:

1. Absolutely – great jumpstart to learning this awesome new tool! Love the ease of adding recipes, dropping and dragging items in the menus, the shopping list!! I’ve been wanting (or more like NEEDING) to start menu planning, saw the plan to eat site awhile ago but didn’t make the jump until bootcamp! THANK YOU!! And I’ve referred friends already too – to the site and bootcamp!!
    2. Decluttering bootcamp would be great! I’m a SAHM of two kids 3 and under and life organization would be great too – like day-planning!

• Avatar Meri says:

1. Bootcamp was fabulous! The best things to me were learning how to install (and use) the PTE bookmark button, and learning how to create menus! The added friends have really boosted my recipe repertoire as well!

2. Probably organizing – or personal scheduling…

• Avatar s.pipes says:

1-meal planning bootcamp…AWESOME! thanks so much Kat! was totally helpful
    2-i’m doing hello mornings which is a longer term boot camp for my attitude. so….besides that maybe…health/fitness or scheduling

• 1. Yes, it was hugely helpful. Thank you so much for giving us the behind the scenes look at it all. What I found most helpful was you sharing that you don’t use it perfectly – but how it helps you so much. I tend to need to do everything ‘just so’ and that often cripples me to doing it at all. To see you use it your way made it seem okay to do.
    2. Creating a realistic, workable routine for moms and their family – that is what I’d love to be tutored on next. πŸ˜‰

• Avatar isabel says:

The bootcamp was a HUGE help! I loved the assignments broken down by day and the videos. I have been trying for a long time to meal plan and this time it will stick.

I loved the Christmas planning bootcamp idea or even a household cleaning or any organization type of bootcamp.
    thanks again!

• Avatar Amy says:

1. LOVED the PTE button. I just clicked on a bunch of more recipes to add to my box! I have always wanted to be a meal planner, but never made it past the planning stage. This seems pretty awesome!!
    2. Boot camp clean your house! Hooah.

• Avatar Elizabeth W says:

1. Bootcamp helped b/c it taught how to use more of the features of the site and to use them more effectively for efficient meal planning. This frees up time to play with kids.
    2. On that note, I would be interested in more information about how moms balance/juggle work, kids, and household responsibilities, using time effectively overall. It sometimes feels like I don’t play enough with my kids due to household chores, etc. Thanks for your help!

• Avatar Elizabeth W says:

Oh, I just saw the idea about house cleaning. I second that!

• Avatar Teresa M says:

I do feel the boot camp helped me get a perspective on how to use the website. I signed up for the trial in November and felt overwhelmed. I would be interested in household or blogging topics in the future. Thanks for sharing your expertise!

• Avatar Kari says:

Boot camp ROCKED!!!! I loved the fact that it walked me through all the steps and that Friday when I went shopping I had the list ready to go. I still need to work on customizing my list because it was a little overwhelming at the store but it is going to be awesome.
    I would be interested in a boot camp on blogging or financial organization.
    Thank you for all you do!!!

• Avatar Faith says:

1. I loved this book camp! The easy to follow directions and videos helped me so much.. I love the fact that I can use other peoples meal plans in a pinch.

2. I would love a boot camp on proper application of makeup! or organization.

• Avatar Nicole says:

1. Did bootcamp help you? What helped you the most?
    Yes it did. Your videos were the best. It was like a friend in my neighborhood sharing something with me/
    2. If I did Boot Camps on other areas of life, household, blogging, personal growth β€” what specific topics would you be interested in? Finances! Getting the husband and the wife on the same page. Basic home organizing.

• Avatar Cat says:

1. I loved bootcamp! I started using PTE about a week before bootcamp started so it was really nice to see what aspects of it I was missing and what else I could do. For example – even though I have a smart phone I was printing out my shopping list – I LOVED the “hooray – you have everything” that popped up when I used the shopping list on my phone πŸ™‚

2. I would definitely be interested in a household organization / toy organization bootcamp.

• Avatar Tiffany says:

1. Yes, very helpful! What helped most was having the screne cast to help my mommy brain be able to SEE it and not have to weed through written directions (ugh!). Thank you!
    2. Housework/papersorting and blogging πŸ™‚

• Avatar MA Gragg says:

I am not able to friend those who are requesting. My server is being overprotective and I don’t know how to fix it. When I get it figured out will try to get back to those who have ask.

• Avatar Reiko says:

1. Most helpful was sharing with others. It’s great to get ideas from people who have made similar things but with new twists, to keep things fresh.
    2. Paperwork and office organization. That’s one of my top areas to tackle next. I do fine at work where I’m mostly paperless and can organize my computer files by myself to my heart’s content. But at home, with two people’s worth of paper mail to deal with, it just piles up.
    Thanks!

• Avatar Erin says:

1. I liked having someone, a “friend” walk me through it all! Especially the shopping list and where to put meals like Leftovers that don’t have a recipe. And I learn we’ll when someone is yelling at me and making me do push ups! πŸ™‚
    2. I would like it if you did more boot camps! I had some good LOL moments!!!

• Avatar melanie says:

the most helpful thing was the encouragment to make and save menus, not just recipes. PTE got me from long pencil-and-paper-staring meal planning sessions to shorter, computer-staring meal planning sessions. but after PTE boot camp, i’m on my way to more automated meal planning!

oh man, a makeup boot camp would be such fun! getting rid of paper clutter would be another good one.

• Avatar Carol says:

Boot camp was wonderful! Doing things in baby steps, the videos and having homework assigned were the most helpful pieces.

Other boot camps would be great: exercise, organization, prayer organization….the list could go on and on!

Thank you for all the time you put into this and I look forward to your check-ins to keep us on track.

Ninja Carol

• Avatar andreals says:

I was missing an iphone app for PTE but found this thread on their website which explains the mobile site including how to get PTE’s icon on my iPhone to click directly on instead of going through my mobile browser. Anyway, thought it might be useful to some of y’all as well.

• Avatar Emily D says:

Boot camp helped motivate me. Homework was doable & not overwhelming.
    Other boot camps would be fun too. I especially loved that this one thing {meal planning} affects everyone.

• Avatar Lynn says:

1. Boot Camp definitely helped me.
    I think the part that helped the most was
    just gathering up my recipes so I could
    enter them in PTE (a hard task at my house)
    However, the videos were VERY helpful!!

2. I would love to see a paper decluttering
    Boot camp!

Thanks again, Kat, for all your work !!!

• Avatar Meredith says:

1. Boot Camp helped me to set aside the time to actually do the work to make the system effective – enter recipes, plan menus, figure out the shopping list, etc. It was great!

2. I agree with several others – Paper clutter is a monster in my house! Between school papers and bills and various pieces of paper I need to keep for some reason…Well, you get the picture!

• Avatar Beth says:

1. Bootcamp was just what I needed to get started with PTE. When I first signed up in November, it seemed overwhelming. Having your videos to show just how easy it is to add recipes and then make menus was PERFECT! Thank you so much for helping make one area of my life less stressful!
    2. I would be interested in any of your bootcamps, housework and general clutter would be a huge help!

• Avatar Marisa says:

First of all, thank you so much for all your hard work!

1. My favorite part of bootcamp was learning how to queue my recipes and then how to save complete menus. Also, the very fact that it then makes your grocery list for you. Genius!
    2. I would be interested in streamlining and maintaining organizational projects around the house. It seems like 2 months after I’ve organized something it’s back to it’s messy state.

• Avatar Amanda says:

1. I loved the bootcamp. I started a little late, but caught up quickly because I was excited about it. I loved the tips on creating menus. I added a pizza takeout, and leftovers for those days I’m not cooking, just so I know what is planned. It’s also good to know that it doesn’t have to be perfect in the beginning. Get started then add all of the bells and whistles. Thanks so much.
    2. I think you did a great job and have great ideas. Any bootcamp would be great.

• Avatar Jess says:

I loved finding a site that could create my shopping list! That’s the hugest time spent with meal planning for me, so it’s great that the site can do it for me!

• Avatar Meghan says:

1. What helped me the most was the menu planning section. It was great to see how to import recipes and weekly menus. It also helped to see how you do it. Even if do it differently, it was a great place to start.

2. I would love a boot camp on house keeping/cleaning. Or something like “getting outside with your children”. Or exercise. Or “wooing” your husband. Yeah, pretty much anything! πŸ™‚

• Avatar Jen says:

1. Bootcamp was awesome. I’m not very tech-savvy, so I would have never tried this without boot camp. Most helpful so far is the ease in getting recipes all in the same place.
    2. Housekeeping/paper clutter

• Avatar Faith says:

Ok, I posted earlier but I have to add one more thing….Kat I loved your mommable idea! My son (6) has been bugging me to get them because he sees all the kids at school have them and I won’t let him have them so I created my own inspired by you….huge hit!! Thank you for yet one more idea to add to his lunch besides PB&J!

• Avatar Gerri says:

I very much enjoyed your boot camp. I had won a year subscription, but hadn’t figured anything out, so this was perfect timing. Thank you so much for doing this!! I loved that I have found new friends to make my gluten/dairy free journey a little easier. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! One of the things I love about PTE is that I can access it on my phone. I don’t have a computer, so accessing things can sometimes be difficult!

• Avatar Jan says:

1. Boot camp was a HUGE help! The bookmark option was a huge time saver. I’ve blogged about several recipes, so it was quick and easy to just add them to the PTE site!
    2. PLEASE do boot camps again! I love how motivating and encouraging you are. You’re full of information and your videos were a huge help! Hmm, other boot camp ideas…staying up on house cleaning, organizing a “command center” for home (a place where you stay organized, have stuff that heads out the door each day so you don’t forget, etc…), organizing your kitchen or pantry, organizing closets or morning routines for adults and/or kids to help move through your morning faster, and budgeting.

• Avatar lisa l. says:

1. yes-it helped me with planning on what to shop for.
    2. other areas i’d need help in would be organizing the laundry room and organizing our filing/bills process.

• Avatar Emily says:

1. Yes, I loved boot camp. It was helpful to have small assignments each day and be encouraged to make progress in small steps. The videos were helpful and I did learn some new things about PTE.
    2.Other boot camps would be great. Blogging, organizing, clutter.

• Avatar Merrilee says:

Thanks for doing the bootcamp.

I had to share after using it for my meals this week, my 7-year old now knows how to look up what we are having for meals – and she really likes it! She was talking about she and her sisters planning for their dolls with it. πŸ™‚
    It has made cooking go so much more smoothly this week and even when I had a hiccup, I was able to work around it so much better!

• Avatar Wlovell says:

Yes, boot camp was VERY helpful! I wasn’t in on it from the beginning because I found out about it after it was over (through a friend); however, I participated in it by watching the tutorials etc. afterwards. It was excellent!

I have feared, yes, literally feared meal planning & avoided it altogether. I was able to meal plan an entire week’s worth of meals for the FIRST time in my life thanks to Plan to Eat. It is very user friendly with drag & drop features – LOVE this! Probably the best of all is being able to share great ideas with other friends & vice versa.

Ok, so I definitely think that a boot camp on household tips would be in order. Organization, decorating, practical tips on homemade items, ways to save money on household products, any of those would be Grrrreat!

• Avatar Emily says:

Joining this bootcamp late, but did the work and had a late graduation! πŸ™‚

1. The screen casts, how to add friends, shopping list, were very helpful. Bootcamp was really helpful in that it helped get me started in achievable and specific goals – I joined PTE last Thanksgiving due to their Black Friday sale, but the sheer thought of working through a new system overwhelmed me! So thank you for helping me utilize this great tool!
    2. Topics for future bootcamps: marriage, personal growth, spiritual growth, relationships (with friends, fellow moms, and our children!), time management, home organization, communication skills (e.g. with our kids, husband, etc.)

• Avatar Mary says:

I really enjoyed this bootcamp…I actually was going to let my free month of PTE pass by because I couldn’t figure it out…now I believe I’m going to sign up for a year πŸ™‚ The only problem I had was seeing all the videos… I could not find all of them….but what I saw was very helpful. πŸ™‚ Thank you!

• Avatar Kelly says:

I did this boot camp late but it’s been great. I watched everything and am getting my PTE set up over this week.

I’d love a boot camp on photo organization, in particular. How to deal with photos that are on computer, digital camera, instagram, prints from childhood, and get them all organized and gathered in one place, able to view, and backed up too!!