Join Our Meal Planning Boot Camp!

By January 18, 2013General

20130118-095952.jpg

Are You Ready?

Hi friends! Next week is our Meal Planning Boot Camp and I’m super excited. I have been recording the screencasts and getting everything ready for you.

After next week, you will be able to laugh in the face of meal planning stress. “Ha. Ha. Ha.” You will float through the grocery store and meals will cook themselves.

Ok. Maybe not, but if you join me and finish each assignment, you WILL be able to meal plan each week with just 3 minutes and a few clicks. Kind of just as awesome…

Video Inspiration

Here is a quick video where I show you how I meal plan each week in about 2 minutes. There are actually a couple features I don’t show you that could cut it down to 1 minute, but I’ll share those next week.

(rss and email readers, click here to watch the video.)

Weekend Homework

Homework? Yep. Boot camp ain’t easy, ladies.

1. Gather your recipes from the 4 corners of the earth – I know you have recipes on the computer, scraps of paper, an abandoned menu planning notebook, recipe books piled on a shelf and pinned all over Pinterest. Your weekend homework is to gather your favorite ones all together.

Don’t get overwhelmed about the thought of typing them all in, I’ll show you several different shortcuts and we’ll make it pretty painless. For now, I just want you to find them and put them in a physical or digital stack.

2. Sign Up for Plantoeat.com – If you don’t have an account yet, today is the day! Sign up using the awesome 30% off coupon code – PTEBOOTCAMP that the nice folks at PTE offered just for this boot camp. They are only offering it for a limited time, so take advantage of it while you can. Click here to sign up.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Once you sign up, feel free to friend me. (I’ll explain how that works later.) I don’t have earth shattering recipes, but I do have some easy ones. Same thing.

3. Invite your friends to bootcamp – because everyone loves a great deal and they’ll love you forever for freeing them from the misery of old fashioned meal planning (crying at 4:30 as they looked in despair at the pantry, ordering takeout..again etc.)

Make Friends

If you are already on PlanToEat.com please share the link to your profile in the comments so that everyone can find one another and get some great recipe inspirations! Click here to share.

Note: To add your PTE user profile, either just share your username or use a link by copying my profile link and replacing InspiredToAction with your username – http://plantoeat.com/profile/InspiredToAction

Comments

• Avatar Leigh says:

I’m on pte already! I’m “Lmilla” and have over 600 recipes added. Add me as a friend and you can plan with my recipes!!

• Avatar Leigh says:

To follow up – I think I’ve been on PTE 3-4 years, and I have tons of different kinds of recipes – I started out with weight watchers type and have moved to Nourishing Traditions and paleo… And I put all my old family favs in, tons of desserts that fit into only unhealthy categories ;), and even homemade cleaning recipes, too.

When you add someone as a friend, you go through their recipes and save the ones you’d use, so if you’re paleo, you’d look for my recipes tagged paleo and save them so you can see only those of mine. The. You don’t have to go back through all of my recipes again unless you’d like to. Also, you can search all your friend’s recipes to compare mac’n’cheese or cake recipes if you’re looking for something special…

• Avatar Shari says:

I’m on already! I’m Sharijoy. Just started over Christmas so not much there yet.

• Avatar Selena says:

I am on PTE as selena76. Just signed up πŸ™‚

• Avatar Kathleen says:

I am on there with username: kmbolling
    Dont have much yet but I have great recipes that I would love to share once I get them all on there!
    Thank you so much for doing this bootcamp!!

• Avatar Joy says:

I’m listed at Jcrew…. not sure how to add friends, but can’t wait for bootcamp!!

• Avatar Cat B says:

Click on “Recipes” at the top of the page and then click on “Friends” on that page you can choose to add friends. I’m copying and pasting everyone’s names with commas inbetween to make it fast. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Maria says:

Will the coupon code still be good after the 30 day free trial offer is over?

• So we sign-up for PTE and share with our friends? Do we need to do anything else to sign-up for the Bootcamp?

• Avatar Jennifer says:

I’ve been on PTE for awhile, but i have so many recipes I just haven’t entered. I love the grocery list feature! Jen4288

• Avatar Jessica says:

Looking forward to getting my “learnin” on πŸ™‚

• Avatar Tammy says:

I signed up for the free trial and to be honest I am having a hard time navigating the website. I use emeals.com already and I was hoping this may be something I couls switch to. What am I doing wrong?

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Tammy,
      There are 3 links at the top of PTE — Recipes, Planner, and Shopping List.

The recipe link is where you add new recipes, the planner is where you can drag and drop recipes to the calendar – just like in a normal calendaring program where you might drag and drop events. The shopping list is where all the ingredients from your planned recipes are organized so you can print it or shop from your phone.

I think the video above might explain it best. I’ll also be doing much more detailed screencasts next week. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask them in the comments.

PTE is much different from Emealz. PTE is a place to organize your recipes or to add new ones. PTE doesn’t do the meal picking and such for you. It’s for people who want to use their own recipes in meal planning.

I hope that helps!

• Avatar Cat B says:

I also use e-meals. I have been copying and pasting the recipes from e-meals to PTE so that I have them for later and they’re then easy to go through. I have been putting them in as private since it’s a subscription based program. I may change some so others can see them if I change up the recipe and want to share what works for me.

• Avatar Nichole says:

May I make a suggestion/request? When adding your link, can you say what type of recipes you usually cook, if they’re out of the ordinary? For example, dairy-free, peanut-free, nutritarian, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, etc.

• Avatar Tammy says:

Since I cannot really figure this out please add me.

• Avatar Brada says:

I’m Mgcmom on PTE. I just signed up for it on the Black Friday sale and have yet to start using it. I gotta get my butt in gear. Meals and mealtime is the worst for me. I need help in a bad way! So excited about the boot camp!!!

• Avatar laura says:

I have the same question as Maria,
    “Will the coupon code still be good after the 30 day free trial offer is over?”

I can’t see how to “sign-up” with the Plan-to-eat monthly meal planner using the 30% off code. Is there a way to bypass the 30 day trial?

I am really looking forward to finding a meal planning method that sticks! πŸ™‚

• Avatar Maria says:

I emailed PTE regarding the coupon code expiration. They responded quickly (which I love). Clint said the code is good through March 1st. Which is plenty of time to test it out for a month. Once you sign up for the 30 day trial, you will see a box on the right side of your screen that keeps track of how many days are left in your 30 day trial and a “sign up now” button underneath which will let you pay and apply the code.

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Laura,
      I think the coupon is good through the end of the Boot Camp next week. To sign up, you’d just create an account with the free trial and then click on your account link to go ahead and order and use the coupon code.

I hope that helps!

• Avatar Tammy says:

I am having problems finding recipes. I do not have a lot to organize. I usually just look for them online when I get a hankering for something to eat.

• Avatar Johanna says:

I’m on PTE already: scottclan

• Avatar Johanna says:

Forgot to say my cooking style: I get a lot of my recipes from Emeals since I’m still a member right now. So there are some recipes that call for processed foods but I also have a lot of real food ones since I’m trying to move our family to that type of diet.

• Avatar Cat B says:

Mine is britesfam for those who want to friend πŸ™‚ I have been slowly adding recipes. Most I haven’t tried but if I don’t like it, or most of my family doesn’t like it, then it will end up disappearing so get them while you can! πŸ™‚ Most are healthy. More on the paleo side of the house. Most, if it has included a side to go with it I have put it in the recipe (less thinking) the directions are there and says if it has a side. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Kathey says:

I am childofgod8. I have mostly easy meals…

• Avatar Nichole says:

My PTE username is Ilaide. We attempt to eat nutritarian food. I haven’t added too many recipes yet, but mine are/will be vegan or easily adaptable to be.

• Avatar Naomi says:

Just signed up! nastephens … add me as a friend!

• Avatar Angela says:

I’m a member of PTE already as well (signed up last night, coincidentally)! My user name is ange_m80, and most of my recipes use whole foods (not many processed foods in our house). I love to cook from scratch!

• Avatar Susan Herold says:

Looking forward to turning over a new leaf regarding meal planning. You can find me as heroldangel new to PTE so I will be adding recipes that are a variety of types nothing specific just what my family likes. Working toward mostly “from scratch” meals eliminating the processed foods as much as possible.

• Avatar Tami says:

I’m so excited for this bootcamp! I bought the PTE subscription during the Black Friday sale (Kat’s video really helped sell me on it) and have slowly been learning to use it. So far, I love it, but I know I’m not making the most of it yet.

My user name is Tami.R and I don’t have many recipes, but what I do have is a mix of Whole 30, Budget, and Southern Comfort. No, none of those mesh very well together! πŸ™‚ I usually forget to tag, in fact I don’t think I have a “southern” tag, but I will work on that. So looking forward to getting new ideas from everyone! Thanks again, Kat!

• Avatar April says:

Just signed up! Very excited for Boot Camp! Thanks Kat for doing this, I’ve been struggling in this area of my life so I’m looking forward to where this takes our family!

• Avatar Erica says:

I’ve been doing PTE for a few months and love it! Slowly getting my recipes in there. I even enter simple things like spaghetti and meatballs or tacos. That way it adds the ingredients to my shopping list. My grocery store has free wifi so I just bring my iPad to the grocery store to access my shopping list. It saves so much time! User name edcolt01. I just try to do family friendly and semi healthy recipes–no particular diet plan.

• Avatar melanie says:

i love plan to eat … but i know i’m not maximizing … just haven’t put the planning in to come up with whole week drag-and-drop menus — which is what i WANT to do! help me, meal planing boot camp! πŸ˜‰

• Avatar Anjanette says:

I signed on. User name is Anjanette. Thanks for this tip Kat!

• Avatar Jan says:

Hmmm, I keep getting an error (“We could not find the coupon β€œPTEBOOTBCAMP”.”) when I try to put in the coupon code to purchase the year at PTE. Anyone else having that problem (or is it a user issue…me)? πŸ™‚

• Avatar Kiki says:

I just signed up so I have a few recipes but not much! My name is kikid11 on PTE. I need all the help I can get to get organized!

• Avatar Meagan says:

I’ve been using PTE on and off for about a year, but have not used it to it’s full potential (not even close, actually). Soooo looking forward to this bootcamp, Kat! My username is “Meagan” and most of my recipes are whole foods. We’re transitioning to a mostly plant-based diet so I’m accumulating some vegetarian/vegan recipes, but I still have quite a few wonderful meat dishes that are tasty and healthy. And of course a few recipes that might not be too healthy, but I just can’t part with (i.e. desserts). πŸ˜‰

• Avatar Lezlie says:

I am ready for bootcamp. I joined in November and haven’t begun to get started. My username is ellis4him.

• Avatar Leslie says:

I joined PTE during the Black Friday sale and just started using it. I need to be better at dinner planning especially now that I am working longer hours in the office. My user name is llzander. Can;t wait for bootcamp!

• Avatar Carol says:

My PTE user name is whitesealmom. I just signed up so really don’t have anything in there. Soooo looking forward to bootcamp!

Carol

• I’m on as jenniferkindle

• I joined PTE on Black Friday…but no recipes yet. I’m jacque_watkins … http://www.plantoeat.com/profile/jacque_watkins … So exited to learn, Thanks Kat!!

• Avatar michelle says:

My user name on PTE is mblumer. Just joined so haven’t entered any recipes yet. I have a 3 month old boy so I think I might be a bit slow to enter all my recipes πŸ™‚

• Avatar Cat B says:

I’m making all of my recipes public for the bootcamp. Some of my recipes come from a subscription to e-meals or other places. So, if you like the recipes you can get a subscription. With e-meals they try to keep the cost of the meals reasonable, which means they pay attention to what’s in season and what the store’s sales are to get you the most food for the least amount of money. I’ll make them private again a bit after bootcamp so that ya’ll have a chance to look and see if it’s something you would be interested in. I chose the Paleo diet for 2 because when I did 4 it was more like for 4 adults (or 2 adults & 2 teens) πŸ™‚

• Avatar Meri says:

I’m meritodd1221 over there – I signed for a year subscription about a week (maybe less) before Kat posted about bootcamp and the coupon (stink! I always miss the coupons) – but I love PTE so much that even losing out on the 30% coupon doesn’t bother me – it is making my life so much easier!

• Avatar Paola Bush says:

Looking fwd to the boot camp. I haven’t added recipes yet, but will start slowly soon. I don’t have any specific style, but just what my family likes: meals cooked mostly from scratch, ethnic recipes, trying to use real food..my username is: http://plantoeat.com/profile/Paola bush.

Thanks x planning this Kat!

• Avatar Amanda says:

I am new to Plan to Eat and haven’t added any recipes. My family eats gluten-free, my husband has Celiac Disease. I am excited for the boot camp and being able to share recipes. My username is: akthompson999

• Avatar Lynn says:

I signed up for PTE on Black Friday as well and haven’t used it at all so I am really looking forward to boot camp!

My PTE username is lmandryshak

Lack of organization is one of my biggest issues and meals are the worst. My husband works a lot and I hate the fact that he has to be concerned about dinners as much as he does (because of my lack of planning).

I don’t even have many recipes to put on here. Truthfully we do a lot of last minute things that result in using more processed foods and I have never been good in the kitchen which all adds up to a LOT of frustration centered around meals πŸ™

So, here I am… Looking forward to finally making progress in this disorganized area of life.

• Avatar Allison says:

PTE user name apheartsong

I don’t know that I have anything share-worthy yet. I joined to access a few of my friend’s recipes last year. I hadn’t renewed this year because I only used it a few times. I’m looking forward to learning how to use it efficiently! Thank you!

• Avatar Marci says:

Just signed up, thanks for the coupon!

User name marcidiehl

• Avatar Amanda says:

Will the boot camp just came in daily emails? Or is there going to be one long webcast?

• Avatar Amy says:

Looking forward to Boot Camo….my user name is cmemry

• Avatar Merrilee says:

Hi,
    I am joining in. My user name is mvanderwaal.
    Looking forward to this!

Merrilee

• Avatar Shea says:

Hey all,
    I joined tonight and my username is SheaSheaSharee =)

My hubby would appreciate the shopping list since he does all the shopping. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Marcella F says:

I’ve been a member of PTE for about a year, but sadly I don’t use it as much as I should. This would be a great kick in the pants for me to use this site more consistantly.

If you’d like to friend me, my user name is Gita1969.

• Avatar Emily says:

Just joined, we are in the process of moving so I’m a little behind. πŸ™‚
    Username: emdoss

• Avatar Julie says:

I like what Marcella said about a ‘great kick in the pants’ because I joined on the BlackFriday promotion, and haven’t touched it since! Used the coupon to give my sister (expecting her third baby in August) a head-start on the busyness to come. Hopefully between the two of us and the BootCamp, our houses won’t be eating mac’ncheese every night! JessInc

• Avatar EvaB says:

Joining in! Super excited because this meshes perfectly with one of my goals for this year. That goal being -to have a monthly food plan and stay in budget.

• Avatar Paige says:

I did the free trial several months back and then never continue my membership due to money. I then missed the Black friday coupon so I am so happy to see this coupon and bootcamp. I’ve joined now and can’t wait for this week. I’ve added all the friends who listed their user names above mine already. I can’t wait to be able to gather some fresh new recipes. We are so tired of the same ones over… and over…. and over LOL.

I’m AnointedHsMom over at PTE. I’m so excited. Have I said it enough?!?

• Avatar Tahisha says:

I’m looking forward to joining in too! I’m Tahisha Richards at PTE. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Faith says:

I just joined..my username is famadonna

• Avatar Jen says:

Just joined! ‘ jenrahr

• Avatar Darcy says:

I just joined about a month or so ago but haven’t fully utilized it yet! Looking forward to this! My user name is digitaldarcy!

• Avatar Jeannie says:

Kat, You should set up “group” with PTE! It would make it much easier to share recipes among your blog followers!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Jeannie,
      I did a search on the PTE site and it looks like groups are in beta right now, so they are only available to certain testers. Maybe we’ll be able to set something up later, though, when they are available to the general public. Great idea!

• Avatar Keilah says:

I just joined. We eat a lot of clean foods and make a lot of simple meals, mostly because we bought a business 2 years ago and I’ve never recovered my homemaking skills. I think this will help. We are starting Whole30 in February and this will help me organize everything. Would love some Whole30 advice πŸ™‚ My PTE name (and 2013 mantra) is “daybyday” See you at bootcamp!!

• Avatar Aletha says:

Just joined. My username is Aletha. Easy, yummy, and basic meals is my game plan.

• Avatar Erica says:

My username is ericabelinda. I don’t have any recipes yet but I’m looking forward to making my life easier!

• Avatar Erica says:

Kat,
    Is there any hope of an Android app??
    Erica

• Avatar Lindsay says:

They have a statement about that on their website- essentially, no. Their explanation is very logical. The mobile site has worked well for me.

• Avatar Krissa says:

I’m on plan to eat and love it. I have over 500 recipes to share with anyone who wants to be “friends” πŸ™‚

• Avatar Lisa Austin says:

I joined PTE on Black Friday but haven’t really used the site much. I’m really looking forward to Boot Camp! I do have some recipes on PTE and would love to add more friends… my username is lcaustin

• Avatar Betsy says:

Hi all! I just signed up and my username is coloradogirl. I’m so looking forward to PTE fun with you all. Thanks, Kat!

• Avatar Alison says:

Hi all, I’ve gone back and forth at looking at subscribing to PTE, this challenge was all the encouragement I needed! Menu planning works so well for me – when I do it! Can’t wait to ‘meet’ some of you through bootcamp, lol πŸ™‚ Anyone else from Australia here? You can find me on PTE as AlisonC, at http://plantoeat.com/profile/AlisonC

• Avatar Joanne says:

Username vanwin1985…Like some have already mentioned, I signed up on Black Friday and have done *nothing* – yet. Boot Camp is a great idea! Kat, have I told you how much I love you and your blog, and all your great ideas, inspiration, and encouragement?! I’m looking forward to this so much.
    Joanne

• Avatar Jesilee says:

There might not be anyone posting behind me, but I did get every one in front! http://plantoeat.com/profile/WEFA the clickable link is soooo much easier, but you can copy-paste WEFA too.

• Avatar Claude says:

Hi Kat, I am signed in as pacodel. I am praying this will be the ticket to get me using this website. I have been trying for more than 15 years to work with menus, without success… My husband would be thrilled to know something finally worked! And so would my three girls…
    How do I get to see other peoples’ recipes? I have to find their emails and paste that in the friends’ window?
    thanks
    Claude

• Avatar susan says:

Hi, I am new to all of this, so excited about it! I just set up my account and my name on PTE is “colorfulfamily”

• Avatar Lindsay says:

I am everydayprincess most of my recipes come from bloggers as I am transitioning to whole foods & traditional foods

• Avatar MA Gragg says:

New to blogging, New to PTE ( using their trial) New to this site. May need a boot camp for this site too. The first assignment completed-good instruction there.

• Avatar Aintzane says:

Hi all! My user name is laintzane and I have just joined Inspired to action and Plan to Eat. A good friend suggested and here I am!

Thanks for the amazing boot camp!

• Avatar Maria says:

I have been a PTE member for 8 months and love it! My username is mariaz3 or you can go to http://plantoeat.com/profile/mariaz3
    Thanks for doing this Kat!

• Avatar Kristine says:

I just started the free trial today. trying to get my recipes into the recipe book. I am under KristineAdams.

• Avatar Molly says:

muhlenhoff is my user name. I have been on Plan to Eat for almost a year now so I have quite a few recipes. I use it every week, but I’m not very quick with it, so I’m looking forward to learning how to use it more effectively. I like a lot of Paleo and real foods. I also have a lot of family friendly meals since I have a big family. Looking forward to connecting! Thanks, Kat!

• Avatar Gerri says:

I won a year’s subscription just before Christmas, but have yet to take the time to learn, so am very excited about this. I’m gerrc21 on PTE. I have an allergy to wheat and dairy (and soybeans) so try real hard to cook with that in mind. Sometimes I just get tired of dealing with it and quit for awhile, but I always pay for it!! Thank you so much for doing this!!

• Avatar Steph P. says:

Looking forward to getting started on this! Planning to post recipes for people with gluten and dairy allergies as we deal with that in this household.
    User name: stephpayton

• Avatar Kimberly says:

Hi everybody!

I’m sufficientgrace at PTE. I plan on loading two weeks of easy things that we already regularly do before adding in more challenging things. We have 7 blessings, all pretty young, so I want to keep things simple and healthy!
    Looking forward to seeing some of you over there!

• Avatar Kimberly says:

P.S. I just saw the post above mine…we also will be looking for and putting in some of our own in that are soy free, gluten free and sometimes casien and peanut free.

πŸ™‚

• Erm… Thought I’d registered….

• Avatar Faith says:

Sorry I’m posting a little late. I was out of town for a few days taking care of my father. My username is “fayfay” and I just signed up at the beginning of this month so there isn’t much there. I do have more nutritional recipe for mac and cheese posted that is a favorite with my kids!

• Avatar Cyndi Johnson says:

My user name is cyndi1130. I signed up for the 30 day free trial and have added a few of my recipes. I found your blog today and am looking forward to read what you have posted about this site. I love what I have tried so far. I would enjoy becoming friends with some people to get be able to share more recipes. I love trying new ones.

• Avatar Leslie says:

I’m late to the game, but am so glad to be doing this! Perfect timing!! πŸ™‚

Here’s my username: http://plantoeat.com/profile/heypooks

I’ve added some recipes already . . . some family favorites and some gluten free and healthy recipes, too!