A Beautiful, Beautiful Motherhood Song and 3 More Favorites

By July 20, 2012General

Get Your Head In the Game

If you’ve been reading this blog for more than 5 seconds, you might be aware that I like love sports and I’m more than a little excited about the Olympics coming up.

I think sporting events are an amazing example of the highs, lows, challenges and victories of life. Success requires focus, consistency and persistance.

You’ve probably seen images of athletes getting ready for an event. Eyes closed, headphones on, they’re playing through the event in their mind, thinking about everything their coach taught them. They are imagining everything they need to do to win.

Laugh all you want, but I think moms need to do the same thing. That’s kind of what HelloMornings is all about (incidentally, registration is open and we’re already at 2,000+ participants. Join us?).

Here are 4 of the songs that play on my headphones in the morning. I hope they inspire you. And please share your favorite songs in the comments!

You Cannot Lose My Love by Sara Groves

I love this song from Sara Groves and I don’t know how it wasn’t on my radar until this past week. In any case, I’ve bought it and added it to my kids’ mp3 players. May they always remember.

(Whoever made this YouTube video of the song, takes a slightly different interpretation, but I hope the song encourages you — whatever your perspective is…)

(RSS and email readers, click here to watch the video.)

Lyrics

You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you’ll lose your faith in me.
You will lose a lot of things,
But you cannot lose my love.

You may lose your appetite,
Your guiding sense of wrong and right.
You may lose your will to fight,
But you cannot lose my love.

You will lose your confidence.
In times of trial, your common sense.
You may lose your innocence,
But you cannot lose my love.

Many things can be misplaced;
Your very memories be erased.
No matter what the time or space,
You cannot lose my love.
You cannot lose,
You cannot lose,
You cannot lose my love.

3 More of My Favorite Motherhood Songs

The Best Day – By Taylor Swift — Honestly, I think I love this song so deeply because it’s what I always dreamed of having as a little girl, but now as a mom it’s what I have the opportunity to give.

In My Daughter’s Eyes – by Martina McBride — an older song, but I love it.

Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman — Because of the story behind it, no song reminds me to embrace today like this one.

What song(s) inspire you as a Mom? Click here to share!

Comments

• Avatar Kelli says:

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your life as a mom in Christ. I was divinely led to your blog a couple weeks ago and I’ve been INSPIRED in so many ways. I hope to register for Hello Mornings today. Again, thank you!

• Avatar Kelly says:

Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks!

• Avatar Karina says:

Let Them Be Little – Billy Dean

• Avatar maddalena70 says:

Kat. . . . The song by Sarah Groves is wonderful and inspiring . . Not only for the lytics but also for the music. . . .
    Ihave just listened it and watched the video with my two little girls . . And they were incredibly silent and intent during it….

Thank you very much for sharing it. . . As usual.

Cheers Maddalena

• Avatar maddalena70 says:

One of my favorite song is “In the arms of an angel” by Sarah Maclalahn

• Avatar Trisha says:

My Favorite Worship Songs in English:
    Pouring it out for You (Newsboys)
    Your Love Never Fails (Newsboys)
    Majesty of Heaven (Chris Tomlin)
    Faithful (Chris Tomlin)
    Indescribable (Chris Tomlin)
    I don’t know what I would do without the Lord // Sweet Jesus (praise song)

Some of my fav worship songs in Spanish:
    Cuan Bello es el SeΓ±or (Marcos Witt)
    Vine a Adorarte (Marcela Gandara)
    Tu Eres Dios (Marcos Vidal)
    Porque El Vive

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Trisha,
      My husband is in a “learn Spanish” phase – I should get a couple of those for him. Thanks for the recommendations!

• Avatar Michelle says:

I’m so grateful for music! πŸ™‚ It is such a blessing. Here are just a few of my favorites. Thank you for sharing yours. I haven’t heard most of them yet.

“Planting Trees” by Andrew Peterson

The classic “Cat’s In the Cradle” by Harry Chapin (which is written from a dad’s point, but still find it very moving as a momma)

“I want to be just like You” by Phillips, Craig and Dean (again from a Dad, but still so good, just the reminder of how we show Christ to our littles)

“Prove It” by Rachel Chan, which is a father daughter song, but it still reminds me to love my little ones dearly to be that example for them~ to have them know that I love them for better or for worse no matter what.

• Avatar Jocelyn says:

Sara Groves’ album “Station Wagon” is a beautiful tribute to parenthood! “I Can’t Wait” is my favorite.

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

I’ve heard of it, but I don’t think I’ve given the whole thing a listen. I’ll be sure to play “Can’t Wait” first. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Stephanie says:

Kat, did you see the free iPad app for live coverage of all the Olympic events? I figured you are on it but just in case…I loaded it for my kids and they are having fun watching the 2008 clips and interviews with athletes…it’s all very family friendly, too!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Stephanie,
      You are a woman after my own heart. I saw it but I haven’t downloaded it yet. GREAT to know it’s family friendly. I know what the kids and I are doing tomorrow…

• Avatar Yvonne says:

“Find Your Wings” by Mark Harris. Was supposed to be the Mother/Son dance song at John/Diana’s wedding, but the MP3 player messed up and we couldn’t ever get it to play. Love, love, love this song !!!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Yvonne,
      That was pretty much the best wedding ever (well, besides my own). What song did you end up dancing to? I don’t remember…

• Avatar Yvonne says:

??? I don’t even remember. I think it was just some general pretty music on the MP3 player. I was disappointed because I loved the words to OUR song so much, but then again, I could still hear the words in my head and that was what mattered most.

Love it! Thanks for sharing all these songs everyone! Will go search them out now. πŸ™‚

• Avatar Linda H says:

My favourite ‘mother’ song is “Hold On To Jesus” by Erin O’Donnell and Janna Long. So beautiful, especially when you look down at your precious sleeping baby… and words I hope my girls will one day understand and embrace.

Song:

Lyrics:
    You’re a little piece of heaven
    You’re a golden ray of light
    And I wish I could protect you
    From the worries of this life
    But if there’s one thing I could tell you
    It’s no matter what you do
    Hold to Jesus –
    He’s holding on to you

The world will try to tell you
    That might is more than right
    That beauty’s on the outside
    And being good’s a losing fight
    But remember what I’ve told you
    Because the world will make you choose
    Hold to Jesus –
    He’s holding on to you

Hold on to Jesus
    Cling to His love
    Rest deep in His mercy
    Whenever things get rough
    Don’t lose sight of His goodness
    And don’t ever doubt this truth
    That when you hold on to Jesus
    He’s holding on to you

Hear me dear Jesus
    Rock this little one to sleep
    Keep her close when she’s scared
    And give her grace when she is weak
    I know she’ll stumble
    But I know she’ll make it through
    If you hold to her just like
    You said You’d do
    Hold her Jesus –
    And she’ll hold on tight to You

• Avatar Jessica says:

Rocking of the Cradle- Rodney Atkins. Such a great song about our true purpose in life…live with no excuses, love with no regrets! I’ve been listening to it every morning to get my head in the game!

• What sweet songs! My husband played cinderella in the living room after our second daughter was born, I was a puddle of mush!

• Avatar Kat Lee says:

Katie,
      Oh, I can only imagine.

Ha…that was another great song…I Can Only Imagine….get it? I think it would be hilarious to try to have a conversation in song titles…

• Oh! And one heart beat at a time by Steven Curtis Chapman is also amazing.

• Avatar Myra says:

Hi Kat! Thank you for your blog and all you do to encourage, inspire and bless women all around the world! One of my favorite songs to listen to on a challenging day with my four little ones is “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins and “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” by Darius Rucker. Both of those songs help me to realize I need to cherish these days because they pass too quickly! Of course, “Let Them Be Little” makes me cry every time! Other good songs from a parent to child are “My Wish” by Rascall Flats and “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack. πŸ˜‰

• Avatar Misty says:

I couldn’t help but leave a comment on this one! lol I love music, and I have quite a few inspirational ones for the momma in me. Butterfly kisses by Bob Carlisle, I hope you Dance- Lee Ann Womack My Wish-Rascal Flatts Front Porch Lookin In- Lonestar Mama’s Song- Carrie Underwood and Daughters- John Mayer, just to name a few. πŸ™‚