How Can We Help You? (Introducing: The HelloMornings Resource Center)

By June 8, 2012General

A fun announcement from Kristi and Amanda, for the HelloMornings team!

Our desire for each HelloMornings challenge is to encourage you to create your own morning time.  We want to give you the tools and resources you need to live intentionally on your own.

We have loads of fun ideas, but we want to hear from you!

What would help you to have a successful HelloMornings time?

We are creating an amazing Resource Center to help you!  We are compiling the best resources for organization, Bible study, meal planning, and inspiring posts.

What area do you need help in most?  Would you like printables to hang in your mom cave? Do you need simple workout routines? What ideas would you like to implement into your own hellomornings?

Please comment here and tell us how we can help you the most!  We want you to feel equipped so each day you are “Inspired To Action.

Comments

• Avatar Lyn says:

I need motivation !! I would love to create a house cleaning routine, but when it comes to actually doing the cleaning, i NEED MOTIVATION!!

• Avatar jennfer says:

Me too. I can plan and schedule with the best of ’em. It is the “get up and go” that I am lacking.

• Avatar Brada says:

I am in the same boat. I have the schedule, I have been developing my home management binder, I now just have to find the motivation to do it properly. My other big problem is actually getting up in the morning. I go to bed with the best of intentions but when that alarm goes off it is way to easy to convince myself that I can do it later and I’ll just sleep an extra hour and I usually regret it later because I don’t find the time and don’t get it do (exercise or time with God). I need help with keeping the motivation to follow through.

• Avatar Whitney says:

Yes, I definitely need help with a morning routine that includes my Bible time and some workout time. But more importantly, I need to establish a better nighttime routine because without good sleep, my mornings are worthless. I can never seem to turn my brain off at night to calmly and quietly go to bed. Would love any tips for that!

• Avatar carly says:

Love printables…maybe suggestions on how to make morning routines work with kids – I’m currently nursing one and have a 2 year old who likes to get up with the sun. So needless to say, my mornings are crazy.

• Avatar April says:

Took the words right out of mouth!! I ,too, am nursing and have a 2 & 5 year old also. I do get some time in the wee hours of nursing, but when the other two get up I have to hit the ground running, and usually don’t get a brake till nap time/quiet time! I also LOVE printables.

• Avatar Flyinjuju says:

Quick workouts that are gentle on mommy bodies. 😉 quick but effective.

• Avatar Amy says:

Quick morning workouts…10-30 minutes that are easy and require little equipment. As with many others, my motivation is not always there but reading your blog recently has inspired me and I have been up and at ’em a lot more in the mornings thanks to some of your great tips. Loving your website!!

• Avatar Jenn says:

I would also love some simple morning routines I can do inside where I can listen for early risers and the newborn!

• Avatar Melissa says:

I would actually love ideas for my kids to have a quiet morning on their own, while mama has her time! I have such early risers (nothing like me!!) so having my own time each morning has been difficult. I never know how to “occupy” them for long enough in the morning, without putting them in front of the television, and without feeling guilty about sending them back to bed!

• Avatar Ashley Armistead says:

I agree with Melissa! Although i can definitely relate to those who commented about needing motivation, i feel like if I knew that when I made the effort to get up early, I would actually get to exercise and have time for prayer without little ones interupting, i would be much more likely to follow through. We live in a small house, and I have early risers, so if they hear any movement from me, they’re up and ready to talk. I would love ideas on how to keep them occupied during the time I need for exercise and prayer. I just end up getting frustrated with them and decide the effort to get up early is not worth it!

• Avatar Theresa says:

I’d LOVE for simple, easy lists of tasks around home that the “boys” can help with. Whether it is the 4 year old preschooler, the 20 year old college junior, or the 38 year old husband, they just don’t have that UMPH to do a chore on their own. One task a day each would help me tremendously!

• Avatar Diane says:

I am FINALLY finding some success (after almost a year of trying) getting up regularly and I am convinced that success is not because of the way I’m starting my day but the way I’m ending it. We took the TV out of our bedroom, I stopped recording almost all of the tv shows I used to watch, and I’m really working on getting in bed by 9 pm. Since the summer challenge started I have been getting up on time, or close to it, pretty much every day. Before I would get up 3 or 4 days in a row and then sleep in because I was soooo tired, not getting enough sleep. Now I’m regularly up with a little time to spare before my kids. So what I would like is some inspiration for quiet evening routines, whether that be good books that I can ready 1 chapter at a time, scripture or prayer calenders that would work well to do in the evening, or other good ways to wind down in the evenings without turning on the tv or computer, which really on serve to keep me awake.
    Thanks so much for all you ladies do. It’s been real slow, but Hello Mornings is making a lasting change in my life and the life of my family!

• Avatar Jen says:

Printables!

• Avatar Megan says:

It’s already been noted many times but my struggle is also with the morning exercise routine. I enjoy the quiet study time and planning my day so those two come easily as does getting out of bed but I just can’t get motivated to do even 10-15 minutes of exercise. It sounds funny but I’d like to be able to do them in my pajamas. Thanks for all the wonderful resources already…..love, LOVE, love the community and accountability here.

• Avatar Anne says:

Would love to have some more MYM podcasts, ideally at least 30 minutes or longer, to listen to when I am trying to get into bed early but don’t feel quite tired enough yet to sleep.
    When I tried MYM last year, it was a bust, because my small children would wake up shortly after I did, so I couldn’t do much in the AM, then I would need to get to bed earlier so I missed out on my nighttime quiet time to pay bills, answer mail, etc. How do you fit it all in with small children who need you constantly?

• Can you come to my house and wake me up every morning with a sweet gentle word and a hot cup of coffee?? :O)

• Avatar Bridget K says:

I think printables, wither weekly or MYM session-based, would be helpful for my ‘mom cave’. Perhaps 1 bible study perseverance one, 1 keep trudging exercise one, and 1 get up out of bed one? Not too sure, but they might help me or others.

• Avatar sarah s. says:

I think a lot of us are simply not built well for mornings… we are night owls, slow to start, non-talkers in the a.m…. something that could motivate and address the shift to embracing mornings… more on the heart/ spiritual/ built differently side of things… if the heart isn’t changed behavioral mod only goes so far..and honestly I need external motivation and reward… so resources for that would be cool

• Avatar Tammy says:

Workouts that are quick and fun to music. That kids can do too.
    Printables
    Organising the home
    Mostly grace based parenting tips to get through the day – inspration and practical tips for parenting better.

• Avatar amie says:

first let me say that it’s so cool to see my BFF, Aubrey, in the team pics!
    here is a little of what i sent to my hello mornings group this week. we have a little fb group where we check in. all three of us are 1st time Hello Morningers 🙂
    hello monday! it’s such a monday for me. didn’t get up.. till 8:00! yep we were late to the last mon of school (things have really changed for me this year.. NOT!) came home to a messy house that we left for the weekend. a Ton of laundry. and a Ton of things going through my head to do. but oh how He blessed me!!! Micah took a much needed morning nap (still is!) i did a little of the laundry. but focused on time with Him. i decided to check out that ebook How to Maximize Your mornings (the link is on the bottom of the emails they send, tina). i read about half of it. took some notes to help me Plan my “ACTION STEPS!” jess.. totally thought of you!! i am jazzed by action steps too… planning is in me and something i’ve gotten away from & need to get back to to feel accomplished and less like i’m wondering and doing nothing in a mom haze. so anyway.. it was good. i would encourage you guys to do the same. infact i think the first “HM challenge” should BE to go through these resources they have b/c they are totally awesome and help you Plan your Habbit of Getting up and Getting Going. i realized i Need that plan. I Need that small goal of “get out of bed”. seriously. i Need a pre planned calendar that i can use to give topics to pray for the kids (why not use something someone else did! someday hopeuflly i can use it as a base for one i create more specifically me.) i also printed out the lists and plans for the day. i’ve tried a number of ones in the past. recently i made a clip board for myslef (made as in i used chalkboard paint). not that it’s necessary.. but that’s me! and i thought perfect.. i can write a verse to focus on (though i have to remember to lift the lists on top!) … Jess, a plain clip board would work too 🙂
    ok seriously,i had to share b/c the way i felt an hour ago to now is just so different. both times i could cry! but in different tears.

• LINKS!!!
    To online bible dictionaries, online commentaries, etc.
    So that we have one place to go to find information – I’m busy doing a study on the Sabbath and what a palava to try and find apps that have commentaries or dicitionaries. If I could zip into your page and click a link life would be the awesomest!!

• Avatar Leah says:

I could use printables because I am very visual and a simple exercise routine. I need to exercise but I don’t know where to start!!

• Avatar Laura says:

I need to buy a new study bible- I’ve had the same paperback since I was 13 and it is falling apart! I would like advice on which one to buy!

• Avatar Katie Orr says:

Laura, I have the ESV study Bible, among others. It is by far the best study Bible I have seen. Would buy it again in heartbeat. It has more charts, book introductions, maps, etc than any other, and the study notes are thorough and accurate!

• Avatar Cathy says:

I love this site but I would like see some inspiration for single moms that are raising children and maybe some ideas from male role models for our sons. We can raise our daughters and show them what the female roles are suppose to be, but we can’t show are sons because we aren’t men. We can tell them but we can’t really show them. To have some males give some advice would be great.

• I just love the site it has been such a blessing to me and especially my time with the Lord.

I would love to have a way to get help with certain aspects of the Bible Study kind of like a mentor. I found some areas I was struggling in, not understanding and it would be awesome to have someone to go to that has shared the same experience or has more knowledge.

I have constantly struggled with the grammar part of the study, breaking the verses up into phrases. I just can’t wrap my mind around this and to me it seems like it is an important lesson to learn.

Fast, easy, exercise programs or tips.

M. Waters of Melissa’s Musings

• Avatar Rach says:

I would love to have more practical tips on how to be more disciplined/self controlled to do what we should be doing (we all know what that is for us) when we just don’t FEEL like doing it. Ie when we don’t feel like getting up/exercising/eating well/being kind to our children/getting off the internet/praying. How can we just DO it without talking ourselves out of it. Even simple silly things that might seem tacky but work for you. Thanks!

• Avatar Cee says:

I would love to have inspirational quotes to hang in my study area. Also, I would like to see simple exercise routines that I can do everyday. Thanks so much to the Hello Mornings staff for all your love & support. 🙂

• Avatar Cee says:

To Student Mom: here are links I use for studying.
    Also if you’re interested– //christiancourses.com offers free studies. 🙂

I also have downloaded E-sword onto my computer. It’s a free concordance & study tool.

I, too, am interested in studying the Sabbath so if you have any resources you are currently using, please pass them on so I can use them as well.

I hope this helps!