The Hello Mornings Challenge Free Theme Song: Rise Up

By January 14, 2012Create A Morning Routine

Hello Mornings Button

The Hello Mornings Challenge Theme Song

I’d mentioned on Twitter that we have a Hello Mornings Challenge theme song and I’m excited to share that with you today!

Note: Please be sure to read this whole post and *then* download the song.

I’d wanted a theme song for a long time, but I didn’t have a spare $2,000 iTunes gift card lying around so I didn’t know how to get it to everyone for free.

But then, I remembered that the perfect song is already free.

Last year, Baylor University (my alma mater) started a campaign to encourage fans to get excited about cheering on our teams. It’s called Rise Up and the theme song, played at every Baylor football game as the team exits the tunnel onto the field is a song by the David Crowder Band called Rise Up.

The lyrics are perfect. The song is perfect. The verse it’s based on is perfect:

“Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.” Ezra 10:4

And it’s available here. For free.

I don’t have a fog machine or 40,000 cheering fans to accompany your morning rising, but I do have this song. (And I love to imagine heaven cheering for you.)

Download it. Put it on your phone, cd or mp3 player. Keep your headphones by your bed. And when your alarm goes off, press play. If you can stay in bed while listening to this song? Well…

Here is a video of the song:

Because Moms are Like 300 Pound Offensive Lineman

As I was looking for this song on You Tube, I came across this video for former Baylor offensive lineman Danny Watkins (now in the NFL) and, stay with me here… it really inspired me as a mom. Watch it and you’ll know what I mean.

Rise up.

Monday. January 16, 2012.

This is where we…make history.

What we are about to embark on with the Hello Mornings Challenge is no small thing. It’s not a cute “bloggy” challenge for adorable little stay at home moms, precious young wives or nice sweet Christian ladies.

It’s not about getting through a Bible Study or checking something off a list. It’s not even about the challenge.

THIS is about meeting with the living God who loves you beyond your wildest comprehension.

THIS is about consistently putting yourself at the feet of the One who can heal you completely, equip you thoroughly, and use you powerfully.

THIS is where we make history.

THIS is is the start of a turning point in your life.

THIS is a new fork in the story of your family tree. Your children and their children’s children will have hope to know God like never before because of the foundation you build each time your knees hit the floor.

THIS is what it can be. Not because the Challenge is awesome but because God is awesome. Everything you are not, He is. Everything you need, He has. His pursuit of you didn’t stop at the Cross. He is faithful to meet you.

You are standing in front of the wardrobe, my friends. Step in. Push through. Let the crisp air nip your nose. God is on the move.

Comments

• Avatar Kacey says:

Absolutely perfect! This is so going on the exercise mix. What a stand up guy David Crowder is for giving away such an awesome song away for free.

• Avatar Katie Orr says:

Yes! This is perfect. You’ve got me all excited, coach Kat!

• Avatar Allison says:

This rocks! I am fired up! I am printing this post and putting it with the “Run to Him” study. So thankful to be “making history” will you all!

• Avatar Sarah says:

Awesome encouragement. I’m ready for the challenge…and even more for the life change! Thanks for all your work to coordinate and inspire!

• Avatar Rebecca says:

You consistently live up to your blog’s name, and this post hit it right out of the park! Thanks SO much for the 2nd video. . .that was amazing.

I’m thrilled that video encouraged you! I was afraid I was totally going to lose people with a video about an offensive lineman – I mean, this is a mom blog – I’m so glad to know the idea comes through!

• Avatar Melissa says:

Wow! Your heart for this challenge and it’s ultimate mission to inspire us to meet with Jesus every day just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Thanks, Kat.

• Avatar Kris M. says:

Wow, Kat! I just found my workout song! And I totally get the commercial! Thank you for all the encouragement! I hope you go to bed tonight KNOWING that you are changing lives!!!!!!!!! (Why O, Why am I so addicted to exclamation points?)

Because this is InspiredToAction and we love exclamation points!!!! 🙂

• Avatar Kris M. says:

I’m so excited…I just figured out how to download the song onto my phone…and get this, made it my alarm clock ringtone!!!! I am sooooo ready to rise up tomorrow morning!

• Avatar Suzanne says:

Love it! Love it! Love it! Love the football analogy (even if it is the wrong type of football ;-)!!)! And love that it’s so not a fluffy post!

Am standing in front of the wardrobe and leaning in…..

• Avatar Kristi says:

I love it Kat! Gives me chills!!

• Avatar Alison says:

I am inspired. I am ready now! Let’s do this!

• Avatar Kris says:

Oh Kat!! I am pumped. This has me clapping and *fist bumping* you from my kitchen here in Ohio. YES!!! This is where we step forward call on Christ and let Him shape and mold out hearts for His purposes! Wooohooo! I am pumped!! Rawr!! 😉

• Avatar Georgina says:

So very inspired!!! Great post! I will continually come back to this one. Perfect song. Thank you so much!!!

• Avatar Cathy V says:

I’m so excited for the challenge to start. I’ve been slowly backing up my alarm these last two weeks and easing into it and have already notice such a difference in my day when I start it meeting with the Lord. Thanks for all you have done behind the scenes to make it possible!

This is great Kat!! I was making my 2yo do some fist pumps and say “Rise Up” while she was waiting for her breakfast! haha This was a tough week, sleep-wise, but I am so ready for this challenge. Praying for all the Hello Mornings participants! We can do this!…even if we are taking baby steps, we are still moving through our goals.

• Avatar Amy says:

Kat,

I LOVE your writing. I don’t know how you blend it, but it’s in a way that makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Laugh because I’m encouraged and feel sisterly community, and cry because someone else can put in to words the things I need to hear and long to hear. This song is awesome and I LOVE the comparison to a 300 lb lineman. Having an 18 month old and being 33 weeks pregnant, I’m not too good about getting up every morning. But because of your encouragement I remind myself that any little bit I can do during the day helps. Thanks for spurring us on!

• I love david crowder band. I am always encouraged here. Thank you!

• Kat- This post gave me chills! Thanks for rising up to the challenge that God has put before you! You are inspiring!

• Avatar Shawntele says:

Thanks for this Kat, I appreciate all you do for the Hello mornings community!

• […] The Hello Mornings Challenge Free Theme Song: Rise Up … The Hello Mornings Challenge Theme Song I'd mentioned on Twitter that we have a Hello Mornings Challenge theme song and I'm excited to share that with you today! Note: Please be sure to read this whole post and *then* . […]

• This post was very encouraging! Totally the pep rally I needed! The video about the O lineman really hit home to this southern girl. It’s so true. The 49ers offensive line in the 49ers/Saints game tonight won the game. (BTW…so sad the Saints lost!) There were several times when one block completely changed the game…okay, I won’t get too detailed…But they are never in the headlines, never win the flashy awards, and never get the media attention they deserve. Yet, without them no one can score. I want to be the kind of mom to my family that Watkins is to his team. “Rise Up” without accolades or prestige to make the difference for the team. The glory is in the win at the end of the game!

• Avatar Lizanne says:

Awesome song! Really amped to start tomorrow! Hope I can actually pull off the getting up before kids thing!

• YAY!!!! I *love* David Crowder!!! Awesome song! 🙂

• Avatar Elizabeth says:

AMEN

• Avatar Amy Martin says:

LOVE this song and LOVE David Crowder. Sad they’re not together anymore. Thank you for sharing it and for the verse. I will be putting it on my nightstand. 🙂 Thank you for being an encouragement each day to young moms!

• Avatar Melissa says:

Kat, you knocked it out of the park! 🙂

• […] you READ ABOUT OUR THEME SONG? Yup, there’s a theme song. You might want to turn the volume down if anyone else is still […]

• Avatar Erin says:

I love that you’re a Jesus AND football lovin’ mom! I totally understand! Thanks, girl, for the encouragement. A good football video and song, thanks! Adding it now to my iTunes! 🙂
    Thanks Kat!!

• Avatar Merrilee says:

My 16-month old son loved it too. 🙂 He clapped along with the song.
    Thanks for sharing. I love DCB.