How To Do The Impossible

By January 27, 2012General

growth

Faithfulness makes things grow.

If we water our garden faithfully it will grow. If we bake faithfully every day, our skills will grow. If we run 500 yards every day, our ability to run fast and far will grow. It’s how we’re made.

Things done faithfully ALWAYS grow.

The amount of time we choose to spend doing something matters less than how consistently we do it. Because doing something consistently will invariable make us want to do it more.

Therefore, if you spend 5 minutes with the Lord each day, your faith can ONLY grow. It can ONLY give you a greater desire to read more, pray more, worship more and serve more.

When things get hard and the path too steep, don’t quit. Slow down. Crawl if you have too, but don’t stop.

Inertia: Law of Physics that states that an object in motion tends to stay in motion. An object at rest tends to stay at rest.

Whatever it may be that you’re working on to improve your life, remember to start slow. Start small. Action begets action. If you’re faithful, it will snowball.

Faithful forward progress, no matter how slow, will always get us across the finish line.

What seemingly impossible things do you hope to conquer?

(Originally posted 9/23/10. Thanks for your grace during this busy season as I’ve shared several posts from the archives. I hope they’ve blessed you. New posts coming next week.)

Comments

• Angela says:

Thank you for this message! Even if it is a repeat, it is something I still need to hear often. And as I am a more recent follower, I appreciate everything you post! Even the repeats 🙂 Thank you!

• Evonne says:

hmmm…relevant much??? totally!!!! had a pretty low type of day yesterday and am working my back up again…thank you so much for this post. Bless you heaps :o)

• Lori says:

Thank you for this. I really have been struggling with growing my blog. After almost 2 years, I am struggling with moving ahead. I really needed this message. Even if I have to crawl…
    L

• Kat says:

Lori,
      One person deeply impacted by a blog is worth a thousand who visit and leave unchanged. Don’t underestimate the impact you may be having on others!

• Chelsey says:

Thanks for reposting this. I really needed this reminder today. What seems impossible for me at this point in my life is being patient with my kids! Last night my daughter told me she wished her teacher was her mommy because her teacher never gets mad at her. My heart was broken. I need the Lord to help me! I am thankful for your reminder that if I faithfully seek him then The fruit of His spirit will grow in me… And oh how I need it to!

• Kat says:

Chelsey,
      Been there! Though it hasn’t been overnight, I’ve clearly seen Him change me and replace my frustration with Grace. I know He’ll do the same for you!

• Crystal Ashworth says:

So perfect! Thank you!

• Thanks for the reminder.

• Shannon says:

Memorizing Philippians is my “impossible” thing right now. Started off great, zipping through verses. Not going so great now. Must remember slow and steady, faithful every day.

• Kat says:

Shannon,
      Oh, I love Philippians. What a great book to memorize. You can do it!

• Joyce says:

I love Philippians too. I’m memorizing Romans 8 over at Do Not Depart. The last long passage I memorized was only 12 verses. I thought that was hard. This one is 39. Not as many verses as the whole book of Philippians but a huge goal for me. We can do this. I’m all about the baby steps.

• Lindsy says:

I love this. There does not to need to be any guilt in saying “no” to the many things that beg for our commitment. Even church things. Pick and choose and protect your sanity/time with family/time with the Lord, etc.

I just love this. Thank you!

• […] How to do the Impossible at Inspired to Action […]

• Joyce says:

“The Enemy wants us to over commit. He wants us to set high, unrealistic goals because he knows that we never fall when the path is a gentle, upward slope. We fall, fail and give up when we try to climb mountains too soon.”

So true!!! Every step we take is one step closer to the top of that mountain!…even if they are baby steps.

• Broken says:

What seemingly impossible things do you hope to conquer? What a question!
    It is 4 am and I am unable to sleep .. 2 days after finding out that my husband is in the midst of an affair. The mountain that I have to conquer is to save my marriage. We are both believers but we have been barely hanging on in our spiritual life for varies other reasons .. and now this ugliness as been laid at my feet to further challenge me and us. I want to hate my husband and I want to run but God somehow has spoken to me in the panic and confusion of these last 2 days and I know that He wants me to fight hard to find forgiveness and for us to find healing in our marriage. This seems impossible right now .. especially as my husband doesn’t know if that is what he wants. Thank you for reminding me that I just have to put one foot in front of the other and even though you do not know me .. would you please pray for us!