5 Amazing Quotes to Inspire Your Hello Mornings or Your 2012

By January 11, 2012Get Inspired

Sunrise

Here are some of my favorite quotes, along with a little comment about why I think it applies to all of you who are taking on the Challenge of “maximizing your mornings.” I hope they inspire you!

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Jim Elliot

Jim Watkins

Simple changes combined with faithfulness is all it takes to make a morning routine.

God has created me to do him some definitive service. He has committed some work to me which he has not committed to another. I have my mission.
John Henry Newman

The only way to know your mission is to know the One who made you.

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.
Betty Reese

Every moment, no matter how small, spent with God has a deep and eternal impact.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
President Theodore Roosevelt

I just love this quote. {fist pump}

Do you have a quote that inspires you? Please share in the comments

Comments

• Avatar Ali Dent says:

A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence. Jim Watkins
    Sunday my husband and I took a walk and noticed a narrow pathway dug in the grass beside the road. When we looked closer we saw leaf ants marching one by one from the nest to a tree and back. Over much time, marching one by one, they paved a road for themselves.

Thanks for the post.

• Avatar Rebecca says:

Love that Roosevelt quote!!!!

This quote is currently taped to my washroom mirror:
    “I earnestly recommend that [a serious meeting with God] be in the early morning. . .The human heart does not replenish itself with sleep. The body does, but not the heart. We replenish our hearts not with sleep, but with the Word of God and prayer.” John Piper

• Avatar Angie J. says:

“You can do anything in 15 minutes!” Flylady
    Often times I think I don’t have time to exercise, to pray, to read my Bible, etc., but really who can’t spare 15 minutes to pray or exercise?

• Avatar Aline yourself says:

“A year from now you’ll wish you started today!”
    “She believed she could, so she did.”

Two quotes that stuck with me and since I started spending every morning (since sept 2010) with the Lord my life has changed dramatically. It has not gotten easier but with events that have taken place I am full of peace. I found out my husband had been having an Affair for two years. For now it’s just me and my daughter. And god provides for us daily and every moment. I have lost 50lbs and counting and am ready for anything that will come our way. I am grateful for hello mornings and you Kat. God used you to help prepare me for some of the most devastating days of my life. But also the most rich. And FULL of blessings!!! Thank you!

• Avatar Carly Turner says:

One of my favorites right now is

“This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one: being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievences, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy” -George Bernard Shaw

This is so true! Finding what God has for you to do and moving on it is the most joyful, rewarding thing! No matter how “small” the task might be, it can have an eternal impact on your world!

• great quotes. the one I have been liking lately is

“Having the good life can be so simple when you savor the one you have” by Karen Maezen Miller

• I’m trying out Simple Mom’s daily planner pages and she has a nice little box for an inspirational quote at the top of each page. I’ve been looking for great stuff to put in there to inspire me! Thanks, Kat!

• Avatar Megan says:

Thank you for this post, Kat. I’m excited (and a little nervous!) to start the challenge. I loved this —

“We are more likely to impact our families with a morning on our knees than a late night on the ‘net.”

So, so true. As a new blogger, this is something I need to keep in mind! I’ve spent more than a few late nights on the ‘net, only to have the next day go not-so-well as a result.

~Megan

• Avatar Elizabeth says:

Do you read Joe Klein of TIME magazine? His section is called In the Arena from that last quotation. Every year he has his In the Arena awards and they always make me cry!
    One of my favorites (don’t know the source):
    God gives you the exact minutes in each day to do all HE wants you to do.

These are great!! Thanks everyone!

• Avatar Alia says:

To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy . . . is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.
    — Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Avatar Amy Lynne says:

I am a quote junkie! I have them all over my house! Wise words make me smile!

• Avatar Erin d. says:

So, allow me to introduce myself…I am unabashedly Sara Groves’ biggest fan — to meet her is on my bucket list — so most everything in life relates to one or more of her beautiful lyrics. Listen to “the first song that I sing” (http://saragroves.com/lyrics/allrighthere/firstsongthatising/)…it’s a great song to consider adding to your morning iTunes playlist!

• Great quotes…I’ve been maximizing my morning, so to speak, this week, and hope to keep it going…

recently posted this quote…

“The men who have done the most for God in this world have been early on their knees. He who fritters away the early morning, its opportunity and freshness, in other pursuits than seeking God will make poor headway seeking Him the rest of the day. If God is not first in our thoughts and efforts in the morning, He will be in the last place the remainder of the day.” E.M. Bounds

• Just found your blog through a friend. I have been encouraged here during my brief visit and look forward to downloading and reading the ebook. I could definitely be more effective in the mornings!!

• […] 5 Amazing Quotes to Inspire Your Hello Mornings or Your 2012 @ Inspired to ACTion […]