She Didn’t Know She Would Have A Family…

By December 16, 2011Get Inspired

If you were somehow able to read all of the internet today, I don’t think you’d come across anything more beautiful and moving than this. (RSS and email readers may need to click here to watch the video.)

Not only is it a powerful story to watch unfold, but it’s also such an incredible picture of God’s heart towards us.

If you’re in a ridiculous hurry, the best part is at 2:25 – just watch her face. But, I promise, won’t regret taking 5 minutes to watch the whole thing. The sweet family pics at the end are so precious.

So, am I the only one that ugly cried watching this?

Comments

• Tiffany Brown says:

NO you were not, as a family praying about adoption right now I saw this a time I needed to, Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I pray one day we are able to be a forever family to someone ๐Ÿ™‚

• JessicaD says:

Nope. You are not. As a Mama with a heart for older kids and special needs, as a family praying about health so we can adopt, you are not alone.

• Haley says:

Ugly cry for sure! So beautiful!

• Alle says:

Oh, my word. What a beautiful piece – my husband and I are prayerfully considering adoption for our future and this is a wonderful reminder of the incredible impact you can have by opening your home and hearts to a child. Thank you, God – for adopting us into Your forever family.

• My mom and dad married when I was 3. I immediately took my dad’s name and everyone knew that we belonged to each other. Everyone except the state. Fortunately for me (and probably countless other children) my elementary school allowed me to continue using my dad’s name without question. But when I reached 7th grade and a new school, they no longer allowed me to use my dad’s name and they required me to return to a name that I didn’t know. It was a rough time for me and after a lot of deliberation (and even more research to locate my biological father, who had to agree because I was a minor), we decided that adoption was right for us. That was 24 years ago this month. Neither my dad, who has now passed away, nor I have ever regretted that decision. May the Lord bless those wonderful people who have it in them to love and raise another person’s child, whether they are “half’s”, “steps”, or “adoptees.” And may He support, strengthen and soften the hearts of those who are in the situation and are not able to handle it well.

• Sharon O says:

I loved the affirmations of the ‘dad’ talking. When I was a teenager if someone would have said ‘those things’ to my ‘fragile’ heart it might have changed a lot of my reality at the time. For me it wasn’t a real ‘person’ it was God who took me in as a lost ‘child’ and loved me forever.
    I became a Christian/ believer when I was about 16 years old, After he answered a prayer of my heart~ a prayer no one else could have answered.
    I am so happy for this young lady. God be with her.

• Kathy says:

As a foster/foster to adopt family, we see such a great need for these kids to find their forever home. With a little love, encouragement and protection these kids start to finally see what they can become once they know they are secure and stable. I highly encourage and promote foster/foster to adopt. It will change your life. It will show you Godly priorities. It will be a blessing in so many ways. Pray about it and see what God can do through you for these kids and sit back and watch your world be rocked to the core…… IN A BLESSED WAY.

• Darlene says:

I cried. I was adopted and I have 3 adopted kids. Life is very difficult right now so sometimes it’s difficult to see the blessing amidst all the chaos and pain. This was a beautiful video.

• kimberlee says:

It was so powerful to see our Father’s heart played out here on earth and His child respond to it. I don’t know these people, but this is so powerful and I am so grateful that they chose to adopt an older child and bless her with a forever family. She looks like she’s always been a part of the family.

• Jenn says:

Yep, ugly cry going on here… We are processing of adopting a foster child, so this touched my heart deeply.

• Hollie says:

No, you aren’t! Thank you so much for sharing this!

• Laura says:

Oh, that was wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

• Melissa says:

Oh this is the most beautiful thing ever. I have three little ones, all three biological children for my husband and me. I have a heart for the older children who are about to age out of the system–but I am confused at how that would work out with our children growing up “not the oldest” anymore. This story is so beautiful!!!

• Elizabeth says:

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing – it is a picture of God’s love for us! Oh how He loves us ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jan says:

Nope, you’re not the only one that ugly cried. I had tears streaming down my face! What an amazing story of God’s love! Thank you so much for sharing it with us all!

• Liberty says:

wracking ugly cry sobs here.
    thnks you for sharing this…I hope it’s my hearts reaction everyday when I realize {all over again} I am part of HIS forever family…
    *Blessings*

• Leigh says:

I found this elsewhere yesterday and was absolutely bawling watching this. So, so beautiful. What this did for this young woman! My husband and I are planning to adopt and this was so cool for us to see, especially as parents of young children wanting to adopt older children. Would love to hear more of this young woman’s story.

• Katie T. says:

This was so awesome and encouraging to watch. Yes, would love to know more of the story. My husband and I have always known we wanted to adopt, but God has not yet given us a clear picture of what that will look like. This opens my eyes and heart to the possibility of adopting older children…

• Kristen says:

Indeed, so beautiful! As my husband and I continue to pray about adopting, this was especially poignant. Thank you for sharing this beautiful love story!

• Sweet, sweet, sweet!
    Precious words, precious father to speak love into her heart. I wanted to know more of the backstory. But yes. Beautiful Godly love.
    I think of college students we have adopted for a season, or as long as they need us…not legal adoption but heart adoption, and when there wasn’t too much of an age gap at the beginning either! God’s love is for giving.
    Thanks Kat, you’re a good source of blessing for me!

• Joyce says:

Beautiful.

Romans 8: 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

• […] a little late. ps. you are just going to want to get some tissues now.EVERYONE deserves a family::: She Didnรขโ‚ฌโ„ขt Know She Would Have A FamilyHow much do I love that this started in Grand Rapids::: Anonymous Donor Pays Off Kmart Layaway […]

• Christi says:

I definitely ugly cried right along with you. I have been going through a journey as an adopted daughter to my dad this past year, and it has been very eye opening. I never did hear these kinds of words from him and don’t know that I ever will. He is not a Christian. But I do have a Father in heaven and I know my standing with Him. So I set my eyes on what is unseen and I put my hope and faith there. There’s enough love for me from there alone for a lifetime and beyond.

• […] Didn’t Know She Would Have a Family at Inspired to Action. I originally saw this video on Facebook and bawled my eyes out.ร‚ย  Watching it again at Kat’s […]

• Karin says:

Kat you are not the only one who ugly-cried… Thank you so much for sharing this. I would adopt 57 kids if it were up to me.

• Thank you so much for sharing this Kat!!!

• Amy Lynne says:

SO awesome! Thank you for sharing!

• Corrie-Lyn says:

Thanks for sharing we are also a family who are involved with long term foster care in Australia and we see the need for all children to find their forever families. We are currently waiting for the courts to allow our little boy that we have had for almost 2.5 years to be in our family forever.

• Lisa E says:

watching this at work… bad idea as I’m crying in my cube! ๐Ÿ™‚ As many other resonders, my husband and I are in the process of looking to adopt an older child… these things keep popping in my way when I start to doubt the process. Kinda thinking that Big God of ours has a plan. Thank you for sharing!