HelloMornings Mugs and the Challenge Registration Deadline

By September 2, 2011Create A Morning Routine

A Little Morning Inspiration In Your Kitchen Cabinet

If you’d like a little extra morning inspiration, you can now buy a HelloMornings Mug! I’ve had mine for a few months now and I must admit it’s my favorite mug in the house.

In addition to the cool logo on the front, this verse is on the back:

“Let the mornings bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I entrust my life.” -Psalm 143:8

Now, if you’ve been around the blog awhile, you might know that these mugs have been ready for several months. I was hesitant to post about them because I wanted to see if I could find a more cost/time effective solution than Cafepress. Alas, I could not. So, they aren’t the cheapest mugs in the world, but then, what is the cost of inspiration? 🙂

Get your mug here.
(Note that the photo of the mug looks pixelated. The actual mug text is not pixelated.)

Challenge Registration Deadline

REGISTRATION FOR THE FALL SESSION IS NOW CLOSED.

Tonight at midnight EST is the deadline to register for the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge. Spread the word!

If you’ve already registered, you’ll get a welcome email bright and early Saturday morning. If you don’t see one in your inbox (or your spam box) leave a comment here and let me know so I can confirm your registration.

REGISTRATION FOR THE FALL SESSION IS NOW CLOSED.

AC Shortage

This challenge has grown drastically. For the Fall Challenge we will have nearly 1500 women which is almost doubled our summer challenge and 7x our Spring Challenge!

But with such speedy growth comes a few growing pains. In our case, it’s a shortage of Accountability Captains. We have only 68 for our 1500 participants. It’s not a huge deal because most of the encouragement will come from the whole group, but I will need a point person for each group. If you are willing to be an AC (responsibilities are simply to pray for the women in your group, encourage when possible and be the contact person for Michelle and I if we need anything regarding your group.)

If you’re willing to serve in this way, you can register to be an AC here.

A Good Reason To “Maximize Your Mornings”

“The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.”
-Navy SEAL mantra

Comments

• Avatar Melanie says:

This is my first “Maximize Your Mornings” and I am SO excited!!! I am more than willing to do all I can to encourage others and pray for each one. Would it be better for me to do the MYM first and then sign up to be an AC next time? Is it something that I could do now as a MYM “newbie”? 🙂
    Thank you for your suggestions!

Blessings,
    Melanie

• Avatar Sarah says:

I had signed up for the challenge, but today decided to sign up to be an AC (I was going back and forth about it – your recent post was the confirmation I needed!).

I wanted to leave a note as I already signed up for an email group so you’d know I’m going to be signed up twice.

Thanks – CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

• Avatar Brittany says:

Ok, for some crazy reason as soon as I saw the headline “HelloMornings Mugs…” my brain went to mug shots of people waking up in the HelloMornings! That would be a funny contest, you know. Have people send in their morning mug shots to win a HelloMornings mug! Anyhoo, I’m off to go get signed up before that deadline! Thanks for all the encouragement you give to us to be better mommies! 🙂

• I feel the same as Melanie. This will be my first MYM challenge, and I am a little nervous about it, so I don’t know if I would be the best AC. Do the ACs have to be super MYMs participants? What if the ACs fail?? Anyhow, I’ll be praying you get ACs! I didn’t realize today was your deadline. I think I will write a quick post about it on my blog while my girls are napping–maybe someone will want to be an AC!

Oh….I still can’t believe I am doing this! I haven’t even told my hubby yet. He will be amazed!

• Failure is a part of life – we all fail at times, and in order to truly grow, we MUST fail {and learn from it}. I was an AC for the summer challenge, and I definitely failed at times, but it was in my ability to admit my failures and press on that my group was most encouraged. Progress, not perfection, is the goal!

• Avatar Suzanne says:

Hi Kat,
    I’m another one who signed up for the challenge this week and then felt quite nudged by your post above! I loved the summer challenge (even if I didn’t manage it all the way!).
    I don’t know if you need more ACs in Europe, but am happy to be one if it helps you guys out. If you don’t need me to that’s fine! Can’t wait for this challenge – get the feeling autumn is going to be harder than our light summer get ups!
    Thank you for MYM – it’s changed my world xx

• Avatar Becki says:

Like the others, I haven’t done the challenge before, but I’m willing to be an AC if you need me. Just letting you know, because I had also signed up for a Facebook group already.

I’m excited about this! This is very timely. The week before I saw the link to the challenge from Keeper of the Home, I started making a point of getting to bed at a decent time so I could get up earlier in the mornings. So God is definitely working on me in this area!

• Avatar Jenn says:

Would be willing to try as an AC, but only if there’s not too much responsibility. Don’t really want to loose my girls of 27b though… Will pray on it – YES… Am a fraidy-cat! Doh!

• Avatar Kaylen says:

I’d love to join you ladies but I’m terrified! I don’t know if I can manage checking in every morning, I can barely manage to make my coffee.

No wait, I automated my coffee…I have it preset to make at a certain time each morning so I don’t have to….

Maybe next time 😉

• Avatar Tina says:

Like several others this is my first time with MYM. I would be willing to be an AC but if you think it would be better to wait until after I have completed a session of MYM before being an AC I understand. Just let me know – I have signed up a few days ago for an email group already.

• Avatar Crystal says:

I’ve been trying to get in the habit to get up early before MYM “officially” starts, but I’ve had a rough time because my son sleeps in my bed and it’s been impossible to get out of bed without him waking up or coming out 5 minutes after. So then I have a toddler who still needs more sleep and in addition, I have no time alone to connect with God before he wakes up. So then we’re both tired and both could have gotten more sleep. It’s been really frustrating. Any tips? And him sleeping in another room is not an option as we live in an apartment and have to share a room. Putting him to bed later so he sleeps later also hasn’t seemed to work. Even mornings when I wake up before my alarm and can turn it off, my son still seems to sense I’m not in the bed and he gets up too early. By the way, he’s 2 and needs lots of immediate attention upon waking, so it’ doesn’t work to just have him play alone or something.

• Avatar Sarah-Anne K. says:

HI Crystal,

This is so familiar to me! I just wanted to point you over to comments 69, 70, and 71 of http://inspiredtoaction.com/2011/08/sign-up-now-for-the-fall-session-of-the-maximize-your-mornings-challenge/ to share you’re not alone, and there are a couple of sweet tips that might help you (and me 🙂 ).

AND, I have found with little ones sometimes it is VERY difficult to begin my day before they wake up, so I seek the time elsewhere: after breakfast, sometimes they’ll play quietly for a tiny bit. Sometimes reading my verse aloud to them. Sometimes while one is napping, I’ll read and plop the other beside me. And sometimes once they go to bed, but the earlier in the day, the better for me. 🙂

Be blessed, and at peace with whenever you can find a moment to seek God.

• Avatar Brandy C. says:

ACK! How did I miss there was a HelloMornings MUG?????

WOW! Lots of ladies signed up this time! AWESOME!!!!!!!

Didn’t realize SO MANY would sign up this time. Hope I don’t mess up how you break the groups up {since I signed up on teh first day}, but I just signed up to help as an Accountability Captain as well. 😀

• Avatar Linnie Lues says:

Hi, I just now, read about your Maximize your Mornings Challenge. I’m from South Africa, and missed the deadline with (I think) 4 hours. I did sign up, hope to still be able to join! I really need this as the home schooling mother of 8 very alive Blessings!
    Thank you so much for an opportunity like this!
    Blessings

Linnie,
      You got in thanks to my staying up super late with the kids at our college’s football game! Didn’t get home until midnight. Fell into bed instead of closing down the registration. Bonus for you! 🙂 So happy you’ll be able to join us!

• Avatar Linnie Lues says:

Dear Kat
        Thank you so much! I will take it as a conformation from the Lord that He really wants me on this. 🙂
        Great privilege for me to join you.
        Blessings

• Avatar Jessica-Lauren says:

I thought I signed up yesterday for the 5:30 am group of email.Maybe I’m doing something wrong though? I checked email and Facebook. Nothing:( but… I made it up to spend time with Him nevertheless!! Help please with “sign in” etc. Thank you!!

Jessica-Lauren,
      The emails just went out. Let me know if you don’t get it in the next couple of hours (not sure how long delivery takes.)

• Avatar flyinjuju says:

Hi Kat,
    I signed up for the MYM, but did not receive the email confirmation. Please let me know if I need to do something further. Can’t wait to get started.
    Julie

flyinjuju,
      You should get it in the next couple of minutes – hours. I’m not sure how long the delivery takes. Let me know if you don’t see it this morning. Thanks!

• Avatar Kyndra says:

Hi Kat,

I signed up the other day to participate through FB but haven’t received the welcome email this morning (about 7:20 am EST now)….thanks, K

Kyndra,
      Ah, I was up late at the Baylor – TCU game with my kids. Didn’t get home until Midnight! So fun, but a bit late on the email this morning – especially for those in EST. They just went out. Let me know if you don’t see it by lunch time.

• Avatar Gena says:

Hi Kat,

I signed up for MYM, but haven’t received the welcome e-mail e-mail. Looking forward to it, Gena

• Avatar Jen S says:

I signed up & didn’t get an email either. Have you considered a water bottle, too?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Jen,
      That’s a great idea. As soon as the groups are assigned I’ll have to work on that. I’d like one too! Also, the email just went out. Let me know if you don’t get it this morning. Thanks!

• Avatar Alicia says:

Hi there! I signed up for the challenge twice and each for a different time zone because I really don’t know what time zone I’m in. I live in Chile and i noticed that the time here is one hour later than EST.

Could you please take me off the times I signed up for a put me down fir the cirrect time zone for me at 6:30 am?

Let me know and thanks so much!!

Alicia,
      I sure can. Could you quickly comment here again and in your comment write your current time as you write? It will help me confirm where I should assign you. Thanks so much!

• Avatar Alicia says:

Hi!!

Its alicia and its 9:36 am right now!!

Thanks!!

• Avatar Melissa says:

Hi Kat,

I’ve signed up to be an AC and wanted to know if you can start a group of your own. We have a few ladies who already know each other that have joined and would like to be together if possible. Hope that makes sense!

• Avatar Edwina says:

What is the main difference between doing this through email and facebook?
    Thank you all for your time and commitment. I am thankful for the support! Blessings

• Avatar Laura says:

Ok, I haven’t done this before & maybe this was asked already, but anwyay….I signed up for 5:30am. Do we get up this early every day? When we check in, are we online for a specific amount of time? I’m just wondering if I picked the right time…..I work 2 days a week so my morning routine kind of varies. Just want to make sure I can fit it into my mornings on both work & non-working days. Thanks:)!

Laura, Since you signed up for 5:30am, you should be waking up around that time each day, except for those days you have work I guess? Just let your group know what works for you. It’s really flexible. I like to check in when I get up, but you can also check in after you have finished your morning ‘quiet time’. There’s no specific amount of time you have to be online…you can just say hi or check out what others in your group said and give encouragement, etc. Hope this helps.

• Avatar Karen says:

Hi, I thought I signed up for the challenge, but I am not sure I did it correctly. I am one of those technologically challenged people who do not yet have twitter or a facebook page, just old fashioned e-mail. I hope it is not to late for me to enter the challenge if I did not register correctly.Thanks for the help!

• Avatar Kim says:

I am signed up for the challenge and ready to go! But I’m a little worried because I have a four-month old. He is generally a good sleeper, but I’m sure you know that babies are so unpredictable at this stage. If you have any advice for sticking to my goals despite the fact that my baby likes to socialize at 4 am and sometimes doesn’t go back to sleep until 5…and then I’m supposed to be up at 5:30 or 6… 🙂 Thanks!

• Avatar Tricia says:

Hi Kat:

I had signed up for the Challenge this week, and then a friend of mine told me she was going to be in the “cny girls” group. I want to be in her group, so I registered AGAIN using the cny girls code.

If possible, I’d appreciate if you could assign me to the cny girls group – sorry if there’s any confusion!

~ Tricia

• Avatar Tricia says:

A question:

Is the Challenge for weekdays only, or do you do it on the weekends too?
    Just wondering if I can catch a few extra ZZZZZZZZ’s on Saturdays and/or Sundays?? I wouldn’t want to sleep in too late, though, b/c it would mess me up with my sleep schedule come Monday morning, I think. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

Tricia, Our group did it for the weekdays only, but you’re right, it’s best not to mess up your sleep schedule too much. I wouldn’t sleep in more than an hour after my weekday goal time. =p It’s up to your group, but I think we’re all flexible.

• Avatar Penny says:

Hello

Kat, I signed up to be an AC but I’m already in the system (I signed up already previous to today and received my email). It would be great if I can stick with the same group of ladies from the previous MYM but I’m flexible if we already have an AC. Meeting new people is a good thing too.
    Just thought I’d mention it in case it helps to keep it all straight (multiple sign ups)

• LOVE the mug!!! Extra motivation with coffee…

• Avatar Erin says:

Did everyone get their emails? I haven’t gotten mine yet? I signed up on Thursday. Thanks!

• Avatar Kara says:

I just heard about this challenge a few days ago and have started filling out several registration forms but alas got sidetracked before completing any of them (I have a newborn and 2 year-old :0). I went to register today and when I submitted the form it wasn’t accepted. I then discovered that registration has been closed. I am so sad. Is there anyway I might be able to squeeze in? Perhaps take the spot of someone (above) who registered multiple times? Please let me know, if not I’ll just try for the New Year and do my best on my own for the time being.
    Thanks!

Kara, Bummer! That has happened to me before. Last session, there was an “overflow” group, so hopefully, those who missed the registration deadline will be able to do that for accountability.

• Avatar Vincent Polanski says:

How i love to have one of those HelloMornings Mugs. It is very simple but yet elegant. can i ask about the challenges? where can i register?

• Avatar Heather says:

Hi! I am so excited for this challenge! I signed up for the facebook group, but I haven’t received an e-mail. Just want to make sure that I am actually registered. Thanks!

• Avatar Heather says:

OK, went back and looked in my deleted file since I have a certain 3 year old who steals my iphone sometimes…and I found the e-mail, so you can disregard my previous comment 🙂

• Avatar Edwina says:

Hi. I signed up for the challenge the same day I signed up to the RSS feed. I received an email with the RSS feed, and have the ebook, thank you!
    I signed up for email version, for the 8am group. It was on Wednesday the 31st. Please let me know, I would be so bumed if something happened to it and I have missed out!
    Many thanks

• Avatar Edwina says:

Thank you I do have an email welcoming me to the fall session. I look forward to receiving my first email and group assignment next week. Am trying to put into practise sugguestions from your ebook. Thank you for the ebook! Great practical suggestions.

• Avatar Erica Bohl says:

Hi, I registered for the challenge for Facebook maybe 2 wks ago?? I did not receive the email on Saturday. I had put my time as 6 a.m. I was wondering if you could double check and find me so I could please be included in the challenge!

• Avatar Kacey says:

I skimmed through the book yesterday and am so pumped up about completing the challenge. I know it’ll probably be hard at times but I think it’ll really help me be a more effective mom, wife, homemaker, blogger, etc. And I’m especially looking forward to the dedicated time with God.

• Avatar Lu says:

Hi Kat
    I didn’t receive an email to confirm my registration. I would like to sign up to Hello Mornings via email. I’m in Europe and would like to sign in at 6am. (I’m actually in the UK).

I hope it’s still possible to get involved as I think it is a fantastic thing. I’ve been doing it and sort of following you over spring and summer. But I’d love to be accountable as I think that will help me, particularly in consistent times with God.

So glad that God has inspired you to do this and organise it to help mums and their children … And their husbands. Trust that you have seen God’s favour and blessing as a result.

Lu

• Avatar Elise says:

Hi there! I didnt get the email! I KNOW I signed up! HELP!!! 🙂

Elise, Did you end up getting an email? I see your name in both FB group 26 (AC is Sarah) and 27 (AC is Eileen) if your last name starts with K and ends with O. https://www.facebook.com/groups/194728363929024
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/146362722122970 I’m not sure what group you want to be in…check for their target wakeup time.

• Avatar Elise says:

No I never got an email. Did I need one? Also, how do I find out what time the groups check in without asking to join the group. Do you know? As long as I get added to one of these groups am I good to go? I am not sure what to even expect because I have heard nothing. What are we studying, etc? Thanks!

Elise, No, I guess you don’t need an email, but if you’re not getting them now, there may be future emails that you might miss. The welcome email just has a spreadsheet with all the groups listed. I think you will have to ask your group about the check in time…it seems most people forgot what they signed up for anyway. =p Yup, as long as you’re in a group, your AC will probably guide you along. Here is the link for the study we are doing this session, but you don’t have to do it if you are already doing one of your own. http://inspiredtoaction.com/2011/09/join-us-for-the-free-maximize-your-mornings-bible-study/ Just check in with a group and see what’s going on there…every group is different, but it’s also flexible. Hope this helps.

• Avatar Allison Stephens says:

I registered for facebook about a week ago, could you look and see if I did it, and if I did something wrong, is it too late, I really want to participate…:)

• Avatar Eskai says:

I never received an email Saturday for the Maximize your Morning. I thought I had registered but maybe I didn’t do something correctly?

• Avatar Lynn Ann Boettcher says:

Hello! I haven’t received the welcome email yet. I registered over a week ago.
    Thanks for your help!!

• Avatar Lindsay says:

Hi there – I had signed up but I didn’t receive my email on Saturday. thank you for checking 🙂

• Avatar Christine says:

I registered but did not receive the email on Saturday. Thanks!

• Avatar Kelly Self says:

I have not received my email yet. I checked my spam as well. Could you please check for me? Thank you!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to relay a message to you, that Kat has a speaking engagement tomorrow (Tuesday), and will get to replying to comments after that. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam box if you haven’t already done so, and if you have and there’s no email there, I am positive she will check on that for you as soon as she can. We will get an email by Tuesday of next week (if not sooner) on our group assignments. I hope this answers any questions some of you may have. I’m looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us with this challenge. Have a great day everyone!

• Hi there. I need to cancel my agreement to be an AC. The reason I thought I could manage being an AC was because I missed out on getting registered for the challenge. I wanted to register under Joyce S. She was doing a group. I couldn’t get ahold of her to ask if she was doing an FB group or an email group, and wanted to register for the right one. She is in the middle of a move right now, so she didn’t get back to me. But, I honestly can’t commit to being an AC. I have too much on my plate as it is. I’m swamped with family commitments that must come first. If I can still be in Joyce’s group, I would like that. If not, I understand and will try to go it on my own. Thanks.

• Ack, I’ve been crazy busy with this whole kid with cancer situation, and I missed the sign-up for this session!
    I’ll be getting up and doing my best to continue to maximize my mornings, and try to jump in the twitter stream with y’all as much as I can!

Praying He moves mightily in the lives of all of the participants!!

• Avatar Vicky Gordon says:

Hello,

I signed up for the fall morning challenge, but have not received an e-mail confirmation…could you double check my status? Thanks!

• Avatar Jamie says:

I signed up and I’m so looking forward to it! I didn’t originally sign up to be an AC because this is my first time and I wasn’t exactly sure what it will look like. I saw that you needed more ACs so I signed up again. I am willing to be an AC if needed.

Jamie, That would be great. I was hesitant to be an AC last time around too, but it turned out to be great. It made me even more accountable to my actions since I was leading a group. There’s nothing to it. Just give your group encouragement and guide them along.

• Avatar DeDe says:

I originally signed up for 7am, but would like to change it to 6am. Is that possible? I also want to clarify that I’m in Arizona – which means ONLY MST not daylight saving for me. Therefore, from Sept 15 – Nov. something, I will be on CA time and then I switch to NM, CO, UT time.

PLEASE confirm if you can change me to 6 am. Thank you for doing this and all you do to help other women.

I’m so sorry, but for sanity’s sake I have to say no to any late changes. This session of the challenge is THREE times bigger than the last one, which was 3 times bigger than the previous one. All that to say, it’s a big project to organize everyone and I really wish I could accommodate special requests, but it’s just not doable at this point. Next session I hope to have a large team in place and we’ll be able to run things a bit more efficiently.

If it makes you feel any better, the times aren’t hard and fast. It’s just a guideline to help us generally group people. However, check in times will likely still vary for different reasons. It all works though because of the daily accountability. Even if check in times aren’t exact.

Thanks so much for understanding Dede.

• Avatar DeDe says:

I understand. Just an fyi – I did try to contact you twice starting a week ago, but didn’t realize this was the only way to get a response. Thanks anyway. I’ll just have to figure out some way to make sure I’m up an hour earlier. That’s the problem. I HATE mornings and need to be up by 6 instead of 7 for my husband.

Oh, do you know how you’re handling the time zone issue? There wasn’t an option for Arizona on the form.

thanks,
        DeDe

Dede,
      Yes, my inbox is overflowing with 1,700 participants as you can imagine. I just happened to see this comment this morning. My method is to arrange all the groups as they are and then address any special circumstances as best as I can. Regarding Arizona, I generally tried to fit those from AZ in with a similar group, but depending on the number of people already in various group and the number of people from AZ and each person’s desired check in time, it may or may not be exact. Then again, neither will most people’s check in times. Some will decide they want to get up earlier or later or check in before or after their morning routine. As long as everyone in the group is committed to encouraging one another and keeping each other accountable, it will all work well.

Have a lovely day Dede!

• Avatar DeDe says:

Understood. I’ll pray that God will work it as He sees fit. Thank you again. I apologize for my disappointment. I just have such a hard time getting up in the a.m. and am wanting to work on it. I think I have something I can add to this to help me if need be.

thanks, I’ll pray for your week to go smoothly. 🙂
        DeDe

DeDe, It should work out fine. I was an AC for a CST group, but I live in California.

• Avatar DeDe says:

Thank you Joyce. I really am looking forward to this. My hubby’s gone for 4 weeks for training. My prayer is that when he comes back, he’s amazed at the transformation as I’ll be getting up with him and having time with God early in the morning. I know God can change me!! I know He can! I know He can!…….

DeDe, You’re welcome. Praying for you that you will be able to endure and persevere those 4 weeks, and beyond. Remember to take baby steps. A little will make a big difference. Take care.

I’m not sure if those of you who didn’t receive emails have received them yet, but I’ll check to see what group you’re in. Hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Vicky Gordon, I see your name in FB group 9, AC is Danielle. https://www.facebook.com/groups/139092856185896

Kelly Self, You are in FB group 23, AC is Ashley. https://www.facebook.com/groups/281878061826789

Lindsay and Christine, I can check for you if you let me know if you signed up for a FB, twitter or email group.

• Avatar Arlete says:

Hi Kat,
    Not sure what group I’m in… any way to find out?
    I did see some “good morning” messages today.
    Please let me know.