Right now I’m supposed to be writing a deep, inspiring blog post. Words should be flowing from me like a fountain.
Instead, I’ve been wandering the halls of the hotel, desperate for focus. Desperate to know how to remove even a drop from the Niagra Falls of experience and emotion that are raging inside me.
But they all seem to be dammed up at my keyboard.
I want to write. I want to inspire, but I am spent and like the sand just beyond the churning sea, I am dry.
So what do when you don’t feel like you can move?
You pray and you crawl until you can run.
I’ve been praying. Reminding God that He organized all the logistics to make my presence on this trip a reality and so, can He PLEASE give me a post to write….now? And soon my pleas turned to thank you’s and my thank you’s turned to worship and my worship turned to writing.
At first my writing more closely resembled staring at a blank screen, but soon I decided to just begin typing.
Because when you’re trying to get water from a dam you simply drill a hole and let it come.
So, even though I’m tired and spent, I’m putting one finger in front of the other. Why?
Because they are worth it.
You may feel like you can’t move. Perhaps all the Compassion posts have left you feeling overwhelmed. So what do you do?
Ask God what He wants your next step to be. Ask He how He wants you to respond.
Sometimes You Crawl
- Share the Compassion Bloggers posts on Twitter and Facebook like there’s no tomorrow.
- Print out this page and put it on your fridge. Pray for their food each time you get yours.
- Take 5 minutes to look at your budget. Find the extra $38 hiding in there.
- As a reader mentioned she’s doing with her family, read through some of the Compassion Bloggers posts as a devotion time or at bedtime. Let it stir your children’s hearts.
- If you are a sponsor, print a picture to send to your child today.
Sometimes You Leap
Sometimes when you don’t know what to do, you just leap.
Here’s the Key
If these faces stir your heart. If these stories inspire you. Do something. Now. Maybe you need to crawl. Maybe you need to leap.
But do something. Because doing nothing accomplishes nothing.
Read all of my trip posts here:
Day 1 – The Tears, They Were Aplenty…
Day 2 – My Bathroom Is a Portal to the 1980′s
Day 3 – Grab Your Passports! I’m Taking You On A Trip
Day 4 – What To Do When You Can’t Do Anything
Day 5 – The Power of Being Known