Are you a planner?
Do you do schedules? Routines?
Or are you freeform? Organic? Unscheduled?
This week, we are talking about Part 4 of Maximizing Your Mornings: the Planning.
But I’m Not A Planner!
I used to have an aversion to planning; possibly from the relentless scheduling required of teachers. Somewhere between 1 kid and 1 new baby, I accepted the fact I needed some structure in life again; for my family, if not for myself.
It turns out, planning can be really fun! It provides a lot of freedom and control, because everything is up to you. If you leave things to the last minute, you become a slave to what needs to be done right now.
Even if you’re not a “planner” per se, you can benefit from taking time to decide what’s important each morning.
How To Plan
There are all sorts of ways to plan, and none are more right than the other.
You could plan:
- on paper
- using lists
- using mind maps
- using brain dumps
- using planners
- using post-its
- using calendars
- using chalkboards
Simply give your day some forethought.
As Kat put it, don’t let your day happen to you. Pick it up, dust off it’s behind and point it in the right direction. (Okay, she didn’t exactly say that.)
Step 4: Create a Planning Routine
Read pages 16-17 of the eBook. The 3 planning areas are:
- To-Do List
Found on page 25 of the eBook.
- Create a Master Calendar with all your events and responsibilities.
- Make a Master To Do List â€” get your to do list out of your brain and onto paper (or pixel). Separate your tasks into Active and Someday lists.
- Select 3-5 recipes to make each week.
- Print out the Daily Overview (or make your own) and fill it out each day.
As a little incentive for you all to press on, we are doing weekly giveaways.
Actually, any time is a good time for Veggie Tales, and our good Veggie friends have put together a fun prize pack to give away to one of you! The prize pack includes:
- The new VeggieTales Live Sing Yourself Silly DVD
- 4 VeggieTales I Can Read books from Zonderkidz
- Wooden VeggieTales character puzzle from American Puzzle Company
- VeggieTales VeggieBus playset
The new Veggie Tales Live DVD just came out June 4th, so you’ll be among the first to experience all the fun! And Veggie Tales is always a great way to entertain those kiddos who get up in the middle of your early morning routine, right?!
How To Enter
There are four ways to enter the giveaway.
1. Leave a comment here and share an planning tip or challenge you face. Extra entry if you give a tip to someone who shared a challenge.
2. Tweet this week in the main #hellomornings stream on Twitter.
3. Share an encouragement this week on Facebook.
4. MYM Challenge participants can also enter by interacting with your MYM Accountability Group (via Twitter or Facebook.
(FYI – Last week’s winner was Sarah S.)Leave a Comment