I Love How God Writes Stories…

By May 18, 2011Compassion

I’ve always dreamed of going to the Philippines. Never really thought it would happen. I’ve followed every Compassion blogging trip. I dreamed of going on one. Never really thought it would happen.

Shortly after my first daughter was born, I took a web design class online. Just for fun.

The fun turned into a home based business and through a “random” string of events I ended up helping an artist named Shaun Groves set up his first real blog site.

Then, late last year, I got this message on Twitter from Shaun, who runs the Compassion Blogging Trips:

I literally had to sit down when I read it. Now, this is God just showing off.

A Beautiful Discovery

In less than 2 weeks, I’ll be leaving to go to the Philippines on the Compassion Blogging Trip.

Last week as I was looking for my immunization records, I found some letters my mother (who was from the Philippines. (<-- That's her over there.) wrote to my Grandmother. There were also letters from my Filipino Grandmother (Lola) to my American Grandmother (Grandma). Somehow I'd never read them. Tears. The letters from my Lola to my Grandma were filled with mentions of how much my brother and I looked like my mom and how they knew God had a plan for what happened (my mom passed away when I was a baby) but that it was so hard. And the letters from my Mom...she wrote about how much she loved my Daddy and how hard it was to feel so sick all the time. But both letters were filled with such a deep, intertwined faith. I wish I could have known them both.

The Next Chapter

I can’t wait to see what God is going to do next. I can’t wait to meet the children He’s planned for me to meet since I was a child. I can’t wait to see how Compassion helps all these kids who look just like me.

(I just love that I could be pasted into that pic and fit right in. So fun!)

I can’t wait to see how He’ll intertwine you into this whole story.

Will You Share His Story?

I would LOVE it if you’d consider sharing this banner on your blog or any of these banners and avatars on your Facebook page or Twitter profile.

Compassion-International-Philippines-2011

It’s not about Compassion. It’s not about the Philippines. It’s not about me.

It’s about sharing a story He’s been writing for over 35 years…

Comments

• What an amazing backstory! I had no idea. I’m so excited for you and your trip, and I can’t wait to hear about it!

• AshleyF says:

So excited for you and what God is doing in your life! So incredible! He really does make all things work together for our good! Will be praying for you and this trip! : )

• Lollie says:

I am amazed by God as I look over my life and see how many of my dreams where fulfilled. I never really worked toward any of them, just worked my way towards Him. As I did so many blessings came.
    I am so excited for you! What a Wonderful God we Serve. My Bro-In-Law is from the Philippines, his Mom is here too. She is Lola to his children and Tita Lita to mine:) We love pansit and lumpia! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Let us know when you go and while you’re there so we can pray! I am sticking the banner on my blog!

• Kat says:

” I never really worked toward any of them, just worked my way towards Him.” Oh, I love that…

You know the funny thing is…I don’t know anything about the Philippines or Filipino culture. My mom married a blonde blue eyed American and since she was the only one of her family in the States, I never really met any of my Filipino family until about 4 years ago when I met an Aunt who had moved to the States.

So actually going to the Philippines will be only my second introduction to Filipino culture.

Thanks for putting the banner on your blog. I’ll be leaving next weekend and blogging about it 5/29-6/4.

• Patti says:

Oh Kat, every time I hear about this journey, there is another amazing piece to the story. I am rejoicing with you in this incredible plan laid out by our Father. Praying that you will find much joy in living this part of your story!

• Kat says:

Thank you so much, sweet friend. I love that when I read your comments I can put a real voice to them….

• Jessica says:

Oh, Kat! This brings tears to my eyes. Yes, I’ll share His story with you…it’d be a privilege.

• Kat,

How amazing and wonderful our God is! I will be praying for your trip and will share the banner on my FB page as well as my blog.

Looking forward to seeing what else He has in store for you.

• Krissa says:

I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to hear about the trip…added the banner to my blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Kat says:

I appreciate that Krissa! That one small act could impact many children’s lives. Thanks for being a woman of action! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Alle says:

So excited for you! God is gonna do wonders in your life through this trip! We just became compassion sponsors this year and it’s been a blessing! Quick side question…where did you take your online web design class – I’m looking to do one and am curious!

• Kat says:

Alle,
      I just took it through my local Community College and I later realized it was actually a pretty outdated class. I’d say take a class to learn the basics, but also start collecting bookmarks of sites that teach web design and will keep you up to date on everything.

• Kristiana says:

Love Love Love seeing that beautiful picture of your mom!
    I cannot wait to hear every teeny tiny detail of this chapter of your amazing life!

• Kat says:

Kristiana,
      Believe me, you WILL hear every, teeny, tiny detail of this chapter. We’ll close all the coffee shops in town. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for commenting…

• Meagan says:

What a wonderful, beautiful story. I’m so excited for you and looking forward to hearing all about what God does next in and through you! Praying for you as you continue this amazing journey.

• Kat says:

Thank you so much Meagan. I’m so glad you save us that seat at Sally’s conference. You’ve been such a blessing to me.

• Prerna says:

OMG.. I was crying by the end of the post. This is amazing and so powerful. I am really excited to follow you via the blog on your trip and wish you and your fellow bloggers all the very best!! Praying for all of you.

• Marleah says:

Every time I read another post about the Compassion Bloggers trip, I get excited. I wish I could be going with all of you! ๐Ÿ™‚ I will have to content myself with reading all about it, and I can’t wait to hear what you all have to say! I am praying that God will bless you and your fellow bloggers on this trip, and that you will also be a blessing to all those you meet.

• Betty says:

In the midst of reading 2 Timothy 1:5, I paused to come here. You are visiting the land of your Mother and Lola …. Important people like Lois and Eunice. God is Awesome! He knits plans the way he knits and crochets our bones in our Mother’s wombs.
    Will you be able to visit or meet any of your blood relatives?

• Leigh says:

Oh, Kat, I’m so excited for you! It is amazing how God works!!!

• Kate B says:

Oh, Kat, the back story just leaves me in awe. I say so much, “He’s such a good Papa, isn’t He?” . . . that I feel I’m so redundant but . . .
    He’s such a good Papa, isn’t He?
    He knows exactly what flavor of life to give you.
    Blessings!
    ps – please ignore I’m online after 10 pm. I read your post that mentioned bedtimes and I was too embarrassed to comment at this hour. But I HAD to comment on this one! ๐Ÿ™‚
    He’s such a good Papa!!

• Teena says:

So excited to be following you as you travel to the Philippines! What an incredible story….

we are connected with a few friends from the Philippines so this touches my heart…

will be praying for you. Excited to see what God is going to do….

Much love,
    Teena

• Lindsay says:

Okay, not gonna lie. I’m more excited to hear about Compassion from your point of view than any other CB before. The personal ties. The heritage. Wow. I agree: I love the way God writes stories. ๐Ÿ™‚

• […] you’re not familiar with my story, a little background might help you appreciate this […]