A Peek Into The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge

Maximize Your Mornings Challenge for Moms
I thought today would be a good day to give you a little overview into what the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge will look like.

We have over 700 women signed up! I’m SO excited…

What Does An Accountability Captain Do?

It sounds all fancy and complicated, but it’s not really. You don’t need any degrees or initials after your name to be an AC. You just need to love Jesus and do three things.

The 3 Tasks of an AC:

1. Encourage – Check in on your group regularly on FB (via Discussion Tab on FB page) or Twitter (via group hashtags – i.e. #mym1). Say hello, encourage when possible.
  2. Accountability – Review and pray over your group’s weekly check in forms. Follow up when necessary.
  3. Communicate – Fill out a simple form to Kat and Michelle to keep us up to date on how you and your group are doing.

How the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge Will Work

There are two aspects of the challenge – Community and Accountability

COMMUNITY
Every participant will be assigned to a Maximize Your Mornings Group (You’ll hear from us about this by this weekend) which will have 20 women in it and be named MYM Group 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

We will assign 2 AC’s for each group so each AC will be specifically responsible for 10 women. Everyone in the group will be able to chat and encourage one another either via a dedicated Facebook discussion topic thread or a Twitter hashtag (i.e. #mym1).

This will create excellent small group accountability yet allow for bigger group discussion and community.

Of course, there will also be opportunity for EVERYONE (all 700+ of you!) to connect on the Twitter main #hellomornings stream and the FB Inspired to Action main page.

ACCOUNTABILITY
While the community aspect of the challenge might be all the accountability some of you need, we really don’t want anyone to get lost in the crowd. We want to give you as much support as you need.

So we have a weekly check in form that will give you a chance to review your week and allow your AC to easily see how everyone is doing. There is no right answer on the form, it’s simply a way to help us all stay connected.

And, of course, of forms feel too restrictive for you, you can always opt out.

Interested?

We currently need about 20 more AC’s so if this looks like something you’d like to do, please sign up here.

Our Heart

I just want to take a minute to make sure you all know our hearts regarding all these forms, groups, AC’s and really strict sounding things. Our desire is to support and encourage you.

If you’re the sort of person that just needs the Community to keep going, great! But we know that some of you want more help and support. That’s what the Accountability aspect is for. If you want us to check in on you after a hard week, we will. If you want us to follow up if you don’t do your weekly check in, we will. But if you don’t want to do a weekly check in, that’s great too.

Bottom line, you decide what you need, and we’ll do our best to help you develop a life long, life giving habit of meeting with God each morning.

Thanks for your grace as we figure out the best way to do this!

We’ll cover more details soon, but if you have any questions, feel free to let us know in the comments.

Comments

Wow, this is really exciting! I can’t wait to hear about how this changes things for everyone. I know it made a difference in how my day went when I had a good start in my mornings. And also very thankful for the time with the Lord in my quieanother. Really need the accountability. Thanks for more details on how MYM challenge will work, Kat. I’m glad we’ll have time zone groups because I was always at the tailend over here in California. 700 women! Thanks for all your work Kat, Michelle, and others working behind the scenes. I know every single time a challenge starts something keeps me from going to bed early, etc…so let’s PRAY PRAY PRAY for one another.

• Avatar Bethany W says:

Hello! I signed up via the FB sign in a few days ago, but I hadn’t heard anything. Wanted to make sure nothing got lost in cyberspace?

You should get an email by the end of the week with more info. If you don’t something by/on Friday, double check with us. But I imagine it all went through just fine. Thank Bethany!

• Avatar Kimmy Miller says:

Hey Kat! I just wanted to let you know that I had signed up under the FB form a few days ago, and after you’d mentioned the need for more AC’s, I signed up there too. I just now read a comment where you said that we only needed to sign up under one of them, so I just wanted to let you know in case that would mess anything up. Sorry about that!

• Avatar Mandy says:

Hey, I would like to join, but don’t twitter…just fb. Is that a problem? I’m excited about some accountability…I’ve just started having my hubby open the curtains when he wakes up so that I’ll get up early for some time with God. 😉 I’m due Sept 1, so my mornings have not been as routine as I’d like them to be. Thanks for offering this “community” and I have high hopes for improved mornings leading to even better days with my family.

• Avatar sarah (shorty) says:

I signed up for a twitter AC. I am assuming you will let us know via email by friday also? Thank you so much for this, super excited and SOOOOOOO ready!!!
    Shorty

• Avatar Morgan says:

I am wanting to sign up through facebook but I’m curious as to how that will be…. i saw that you said that it would be done through the discussion tab? is this a private tab ? i guess i don’t want my friend’s facebook newsfeeds to be flooded with my morning routine status’s??? thanks!

Morgan,
      I’ve already created the discussion topics, you’re welcome to post a test reply and see if it shows up. I don’t believe it’s private, but I’m not sure if it will show up in your friends stream.

• Avatar JacquelineB says:

Oops! I’m pretty sure I signed up for Twitter, but realize now that FB will be better for me. Should I wait until the emails go out Friday? Re-sign up now? Sorry to bug you! Your hearts for wanting to help women, especially with encouragement and accountability are an answer to prayer. Thank you!

• Avatar Patti says:

Kat and Michelle, you are amazing. Thank you for organizing this massive endeavor. I know from my amazing experience of the past seven months that the women entering the challenge for the first time have such blessings in store! Thank you thank you!

• Avatar Danielle says:

I am super excited about this. For me, this challange is timely and of the Lord. The Lord spoke to me about starting out my mornings the right way, with Him, and when I do my day is not only better for it emotionally and spiritually but I feel like His grace covers me and I’m able to get things done with more ease. My day doesn’t seem like such a struggle.
    I appreciate your encouragement to get as much (or as little) support as we need. I know personally I need the accountabilty until I have formed a “habit’ of early rising on a consistant level.

Blessings!

• Avatar Homequeen says:

Hello, I would be very interested in joining this challenge.
    Would you add my name to the sign-up list please?
    I am looking forward to hearing more about this worthwhile challenge.
    Thanks!

• Avatar Betty says:

Privacy? That’s what I’m wondering. Just like what Morgan said. Will each group of 20 be private, or will everyone’s Facebook friends be able to read every single post?

• Avatar Caite says:

Kat
    question for you – I was on MYM 6 last challenge. I have been invited to the mymwriters group for this challenge. I had already registered when i was invited. Do i need to tell someone specifically that i am going to be a part of that group? I am flexible – i know you are managing a huge number of people! Thanks
    Catharine

• Avatar Lindsey says:

Hi! I’m really excited about this challenge! 🙂 I filled out the application for AC, but am wondering if it got lost in cyberspace, as I never heard anything back. I saw in the email you guys were looking for about 20 more, so … yeah. 🙂 Just wanted to check in on that. Thanks! (and I’m super excited about this!)

• Avatar Jennifer Berg says:

I tried to use the link to the facebook form to sign up and keep gettting an error. Is registration closed?

• […] *Some gardening perhaps =) *Maximize Your Morning Summer Challenge […]

• […] *Some gardening perhaps =) *Maximize Your Morning Summer Challenge […]

• Avatar Tori Glisson Rozell says:

Good afternoon,
    I signed up for the FB challenge (5:00 EST).
    Checked my email MYM info and did not receive any messages. I have a couple of friends who also registered and they did receive their emails.
    Who should I contact?
    Thanks, I am REALLY looking forward to this challenge!
    Tori

• Avatar Tori Glisson Rozell says:

Please ignore my first posting. I found my email, a mistake on my part. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have already put into making this challenge happen!
    Tori

• Avatar Elizabeth says:

I am sooooo sad that I missed the registration deadline! Another lesson learned on procrastination. 🙁 If you have a waiting list, let me know, but I’m assuming I’ll have to wait for the next round.

• […] Morning Girls is similar to the Maximize Your Mornings challenge that I’ve been raving about.  GMG describes themselves as: “a group of women […]