New Maximize Your Mornings Challenge-Summer Session

Summer Session 2011

We’ll be starting a new session of the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge (aka #Hellomornings) on May 15!!!

In the next few weeks we’ll be posting signups for everyone who wants to participate and also for Accountability Captains.

Feedback Please

Today, though, I wanted to get your feedback: things you liked about it that we should continue and also things that need improvement.

We’re really excited about this next session. We learned a lot from running the last one and would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks!

Comments

• Christin says:

Yes! So excited to be a part of this once again. 🙂 Baby is consistently sleeping through the night! (Now, watch me get pg. ha ha 😉 )

Thanks for all you do gals!

• KellySinging says:

Yes, Kat, I have looked around & on the Hellomornings Resource Page, but I can’t seem to find any ending dates for the sessions. That would help me. With each season of my life I like to step back and reflect. And by the way, what is the ending date for the Winter Challenge? Does it stop the day before the Summer one begins? I’m confused. Sorry, this is my first challenge, and I just want to be in the know. 🙂

Also, I caught your tweet once that we were having a chat once. I think I missed the others because I didn’t know about them. I’m trying to keep up with reading all your posts now, but was wondering if you advertised those via tweet only or what? I like to plan ahead so I can try to join in the chats if possible. Thanks!

• oh amanda says:

I have no great ideas. I love it all!

I’ll be there! May 15 is my birthday! 🙂

• Mindy says:

Hi Kat – sounds great. I feel like I’ve got the morning thing down (naturally an early bird and I love starting the day before everyone else in the house), but I struggle at night! My idea is “How to Maximize the Nightly Routine!”

Also, any sort of smooth transition ideas of how to get from a school routine to a summer routine – love the thought of summer being slow and lazy, but deep down knowing everyone still thrives on some sort of schedule/routine!

• Lisa Walters says:

I’m excited to be able to get in on this new one from the beginning! My question is, am I supposed to post my morning check in on twitter AND on FB or just one or the other? That’s it!

• I loved being a part of the mymc! What a lovely and inspiring group of women to be a part of. But then I got busy and fell of the wagon. I’m not sure if I misunderstood the role of the AC but I haven’t been up for mym for a month and no one has contacted me at all! I hate to say it because I don’t want anyone to feel bad :(. I just feel like it was way too easy to slip away unnoticed.

• Andie says:

I agree with Kelly, a more definitive ending date would help. I thought at first that it was March 25th, but I didn’t read any tweets from anyone wrapping things up. That just helps keep things in seasons for me, I like beginnings and endings like Kelly said and a time to reflect.

Other than that I love the Challenge, I think breaking it up into groups was a huge help, and I love having our own hashtag for Hellomornings.

Thank you Kat for all you do!!

• Darlene says:

I have loved it! I think there should be a captain and co-captain due to babies crying all night and kids being sick.

• Joanna says:

I am a newbie and would like to learn how to be involved. I believe it would change my life. I’m tired of being a grumpy morning mommy. But, I am twitter-illiterate and also just gave up FB a couple of months ago- is there a way for me to be involved in this without feeding my FB addiction? I am willing to start a twitter as long as I can practice self-control with it. 🙂 Thanks!

• Jaime says:

I’m excited to join this challenge. My only problem is that our computer is in our master bedroom, so I won’t be able to check in first thing in the morning without waking DH up. Can I still join and just check in later every day?

• Joyce says:

I am only on FB, and it is tough to fully keep each other accountable because we don’t get notified of comments after our own. I am on the West Coast and am on the tail-end of the check-ins since we are the last ones in the country to wake up, so it usually just ends with me saying good morning, and not much conversation after that. Is there a way to have a list of the FB participants so we know who needs a little encouragement if they haven’t checked in in awhile? I don’t recall there being a AC assigned to that group.

I am definitely joining in again. MYM has made a huge difference in our mornings here. Thanks Kat and Michelle!

• JacquelineB says:

I’m excited, too. Definitely looking forward to an AC.

• Kristi says:

I love hellomornings and can’t wait for another session to start!! I like the idea of definitive days for start and finish.
    It would be great to bunch people up per time zone or goal time of being up or something (we had a decent group of early birds on twitter at the same time and that was nice!!!).

• Rebecca says:

i really enjoyed our tweet parties/chats. loving this community.keeps me moving! 🙂

• Catherine says:

I would love to try this. I need help with knowing how to defeat ‘night guy’ (any Seinfeld fans remember that skit?) so I can actually get up early…

• Jill Garcia says:

WOO HOO!!! I was waiting to find out when this one was coming! I’m definitely in, and I love that I have time to kind of get used to the idea of getting up early, and of course, the planning aspect has be all giddy inside!!

• Ashley says:

I”m SO looking forward to this. I’ve recently found your blog and printed the MYM ebook. But I really need a kick in the pants. A start date is exactly what I need. Looking forward to it ladies 🙂

• I’m looking forward to joining in again. Hellomornings has been the one constant in my life lately and I’d like to keep it that way. 😉

• […]  #hellomornings – using an @ for […]

• […] yeah, that starts on May 1st (just 2 days after my birthday!).  And then there is the Maximize Your Mornings Summer Challenge.  Eeeek!  For any of you who know me or followed my old blog for any length of time, you know […]

• Leslie says:

I soneed this!! I havn’t been able to master it at all….. I just joined twitter so I hope that helps!!!

• Cherie says:

Oh Kat. I was doing so well last summer, and around Christmas break I fell off the wagon! I was afraid winter was going to do that to me, because if I had a choice, I would hibernate like a bear!

Count me in…I need to get back on track.

• Tina says:

I’d be interested in this – unfortunately, due to the time difference (I’m in the UK) I might not be participating at the right time very often!

• Kim says:

I need this! I need this so badly, I blogged about it this morning! I will be watching for more details on signing up and being accountable to others through facebook.