Maximize Your Mornings Challenge Registration (Summer Session 2011)

Maximize Your Mornings Challenge for Moms

Registration for the Summer 2011 Session is now closed.

What is the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge?

Welcome! The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge is a Tri-Annual (Spring, Summer, Fall) challenge based on the Maximize Your Mornings eBook. This summer session will run from May 15, 2011 through August 15, 2011.

It began on Twitter using the hashtag #hellomornings but we’ve expanded it to the Inspired To Action Facebook page as well.

What Is The Purpose?

It is our job as believers to lay a foundation in our lives on which God can build a place of hope for others. We are the church. He wants to love through us; live through us.

The first level of that foundation is simply His presence.

We NEED Him to love like Him.

And for those of us who are mothers, this challenge is here to help us stop waking up TO our children and start waking up FOR our children.

How does it work?

Essentially, the Challenge is a morning check in via social media with an accountability group. Before or after your morning routine, simply check in with your assigned group on Facebook or Twitter. The streams of comments and conversation are both encouraging and inspiring.

Many groups will have an Accountability Captain who will check in on group member and provide additional support and encouragement.

Can anybody join?

Although, the Maximize Your Mornings eBook and the Inspired To Action blog are geared towards moms, you do not need to a mom to join the Challenge. All women are welcome to join us!

What if I’m not on Twitter?

You can join the Challenge on Facebook as well. Each morning Kat or an Accountability Captain will write a “check in” post on Facebook.

Will every group have an Accountability Captain?

We will assign everyone to a group, but we cannot guarantee every group will have an Accountability Captain. If you are interested in applying to be an Accountability Captain, fill out this form here.

How will we be assigned to groups?

People will be assigned to groups on a first come, first serve basis and we will also do our best to assign you based on time zone and wake up time.

Spread The Word

If you know other women who might benefit from some morning encouragement and accountability, feel free to post the button for this Challenge Session on your blog.

Just copy this code to add it to your site (adjust the width number to fit your blog):

Comments

• Lisa Walters says:

I just signed up and I’m so excited!

• Yay for #HelloMornings! Love this. Looking forward to all the new beautiful faces who will be joining us! Excited about the new FB option.

• Jamie says:

Is it possible to do Facebook and Twitter collectively? Some days I may not get on one or the other.

• Kat says:

I think it will be. Although, it would probably be most effective for you if you mostly focus on one – in order to get to know your group the best. I’m still ironing out exactly how the accountability aspect will work, but the plan I have so far should allow for that!

• Joyce says:

I am having a zombie-like morning today…. but I love those days when I can get in my God-time and planning, and greeting my kids with a smile when they wake. Even 15 minutes make a huge difference sometimes. I am looking forward to the challenge, and I am glad there are some guidelines for us too. Thanks Kat!

• Libby Oertel says:

Ahhh, this is an answer to prayer! Thankful for the facebook option as I’ve not added twitter to my social networking life! About to be a new mom and this summer challenge will no doubt prepare my heart for that role. Looking forward to the accountability and growth in Christ!

• Kat says:

Libby,
      Lots of people mentioned not being on Twitter, so I’m excited about a real FB option as well. Congrats on your impending arrival!

• Rebecca says:

Yeah! I have enjoyed seeing the Mym2 group these past few months!

• MacKenzie says:

I’m so excited but also horribly nervous!! This has been something I’ve been trying/wanting to do for a very long time! I think the accountability will make a huge difference! Praying!

• Kat says:

You. Can. Do. It. You. Can. Do. It!! 🙂

It’s all about baby steps. I hope we provide the insight and encouragement you need.

• melissa p. says:

i talked this one over with my husband. i’ve had a rough couple months, but read this blog (and others like it) daily for encouragement and inspiration. i think the encouragement and community that will happen (be received and given!) is just the thing i need. looking forward to it!

• Kat says:

Melissa,
      I’m so glad you’re going to be a part of it! I pray that it is a huge source of encouragement and support for you.

• Joanna says:

I have a question…if I would like to sign up with a friend (or two), is there a way for all of us to be in the same group? Or are you just assigning groups randomly? No big deal – I just thought it would help me to have that extra accountability. 🙂 Thanks!

• Kat says:

Joanna,
      Great question! I think that, yes, you can sign up to be in the same group. Just make sure to select a key word (anything) that you put at the beginning of the “Name” field on the sign up form.

That way we can easily find all of you to put you in the same group. If you’ve already registered, just re-register with your keyword first and then at the end of your name put the word “Copy” so we can find the other registration and delete it.

Does that make sense or is it horribly confusing?

• Kimmy says:

I would really love to join this challenge (it’s something I *desperately* need), and I know you said that you don’t have to be a mom to join the challenge… but is it ok if I’m only 19? Since I’m not part of the ‘normal’ reader age-group, I thought I should make sure. 🙂 Thanks!

• […] from Inspired to Action has also created a “Maximize Your Mornings Challenge.”  I signed up. I need all the help I can get. You don’t have to have children to take […]

• […] Wow. So, after just 2 days of registrations, we have over 250 women signed up for the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge. […]

• Kelli says:

I’ve wanted to do this for a while now, but have been afraid to commit. My newest baby is now 3 months old, and although I still don’t really feel ready, I’m gonna give it a go. Can’t wait!

• Lori McMahan says:

Just wondering if there are moms of teens? I no longer have little ones and I would like to be in a group with others going through the same things.

• Kat says:

Lori,
      While we haven’t included the ages of children in the registration form, I do know that several blog readers and people who participated last time were moms of teens.

I *think* there will be discussions on the ITA Facebook page (that’s the current plan, anyway). It might be a good place to connect with teen moms there even in you’re added to a group that isn’t specifically teen moms.

I’m sorry we don’t have anything set up to group according to kid’s ages, but feel free to arrange a group of your own, though. Just use a keyword at the start of the name field so we know to group you.

Thanks for asking Lori!

• Beverly says:

Any option for those of us without facebook or twitter (and are not looking to set up an account with either)?

• Kat says:

Beverly,
      Unfortunately, not at this time. It’s definitely something I’ll work on hopefully for the Fall session, though!

• Beverly says:

Thanks – I realized after reading through your comments that you just set up the FB option. I can understand how multiple options will make it more difficult 🙂
        Thanks so much – this is a really neat idea and something I REALLY need to do (getting up FOR my kids, not TO my kids).

• Ah, this was the comment that I was looking for. I am not on Facebook nor Twitter but yet I blog and email and am considering whether or not to do the official mym. I do understand that multiple functions makes it more difficult. So, maybe in the fall I will be an official joiner! How wonderful to have 700 women signing up. So many wanting to make a difference by spending time with God in the morning. That is so encouraging in and of itself!! I will keep pressing on…

• Kat says:

Beverly,
      Even if you’re not on Facebook, you might enjoy bookmarking the ITA page. Just reading through the morning encouragements, verses etc. from everyone might be just the spark you need to keep you going!

Thanks for your patience.

• Jenny says:

Hi Kat, thanks for doing this. I’m with Lori, I have older kids, and some youngers too, though not an toddlers or preschoolers anymore.

• Thanks. I’m really looking forward to it. I have signed up for the facebook group and set my wake time for 5am. I would like to bump it back to 4 after a few weeks.

• Nicole says:

All finished w school and then selling our house – time to stop making excuses and make something happen.

• Crystal says:

All signed up! 🙂

• […] 400 women have signed up to do the Summer Challenge, which runs from May 15 – August 15, 2011. I want to invite you to join the Summer Challenge, as […]

• Thanks Kat & Michelle for your continued Inspiration!
    ~ Praying Blessings for another Fruit-full MYM Challenge! I made some great sisters & looking forward to staying in touch with them while meeting some new MYM Sisters! Hoping to meet my ‘wake-up consistancy & exercise challenge goals’ this time! <3
    Love Ya! Susie 🙂

• […] I ran across the Maximize Your Morning Challenge from Inspired to Action.  I joined the challenge and I wish I could tell you that I’m […]

• Elizabeth says:

signed up for facebook and I’m super excited! this has been such an encouragement to me in my roles as wife, mother, friend, etc but mostly just cherishing the moments of quiet alone with my Heavenly Father! Thanks for this!!

• Mandy says:

Hi! I read the ebook at the beginning of the school year, and getting up early pretty much changed my life. I grew inconsistent towards the end of the semester, got pregnant in December, and it’s been my little four-year-old who now wakes me up every morning…completely dragging. I would LOVE to grow consistent again. THANKS so much for doing this! What a blessing from the Lord!

• Christin says:

I am really looking forward to this, Kat! Baby is sleeping regularly through the night, so i am without excuse. Let’s do it! 🙂

• Hi Kat! I just found your blog and I am so glad I did! The Maximize Your Mornings Challenge is just what I need. Well, that and maybe a “Get to Bed at a Decent Time Challenge” also. Haha 😉 Anyways, I am in and I am very excited! Thanks for organizing all of this. – Mindy

• Will we receive a confirmation email? I joined and I applied to be an accountability mentor, but I haven’t received anything. Just didn’t want to get lost in cyberspace. 🙂

• […] are gearing up for the MYM Summer Challenge over at Inspired to Action. So how this this past challenge gone for me? It started out great, and […]

• […] you’d still like to join the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge, registration will be open until NEXT Wednesday […]

• Christi S says:

I was wondering if there could be more information on what an accountability mentor does or needs to be – for example, if you need someone who is good at waking up early or someone who has already done the Maximize Morning Challenge, I am out.

I wouldn’t mind doing it, I just don’t know if I am qualified.

• […] It’s time to Maximize Your Mornings! […]

• Suzanne says:

So after umming and aahing for a few days, have finally signed up for the #hellomornings challenge 🙂 Am so excited and yet quite daunted, but determined to be more disciplined and intentional in both my walk with God and also my parenting of my three beautiful girls. Thanks so much for this Kat! Can’t wait to get started now!

• Kim says:

Bit the bullet and signed up! Feels great to have said yes to accountability. And I added the button to my blog, which is my first. Love learning new things. Thanks Kat!

• Megan R says:

I’m a Twitter newbie but think I’d prefer that over Facebook (so I don’t get sucked into stuff on FB first thing in the morning!). But how do you set up a group within Twitter and have privacy so you’re not tweeting your accountability stuff to the whole world, just the girls in your group?

• […] you’re interested, I highly recommend joining this challenge. The Summer 2011 Session includes a Twitter Challenge and a Facebook Challenge. So if you use one […]

• […] think you should hop on this bandwagon.  This has the potential to be amazing. If you miss registration for this summer’s session, there will be another.  In the meantime, drink in her resources so […]

• […] have over 700 women signed up and registration doesn’t end until Wednesday! (Register here.) I’m SO […]

• JennJenn says:

Hi
    I’ve signed up, but will be ineffective until the 26th (as in a bit distant) as my exam is on the 26th so my mornings have been assigned to staring dumbly at financial statement excersizes that don’t make any sense until I do the same in an exam room. Thereafter I’m all yours!
    Jenn

• Jess says:

Just signed up with Twitter so I can take part! Hoping to figure out all the hashmarks, at symbols, etc! Thanks for organizing this, Kat!

• Hi Kat & Michelle,

Hope this doesn’t mess anything up. I just resigned up & added #mymwriters (copy) to twitter address. I just saw this group & Love it! Of course I am willing, excited & honored to be in any group you put me in though!

I just Love All of these Awesome Women who long to spend time getting to know God better & become the Women He designed them to be! How Power~Full it is to Gather in His Name! 😀

BTW~do you have all the ACs you need?

I need to go add a Tab & update to newest Button on my Blog!

Love Ya Both! Susie 🙂

@SusieMM413

• Jenny P. says:

Is it too late to sign up for this MYM challenge?? I’ve been thinking about doing it for awhile and planned on signing up yesterday but came down with a bit of a stomach bug so I forgot. Fingers crossed you could take one more???

• Tiffany says:

I just tried to sign up for the challenge… Did I miss it?? 🙁

• Cathy says:

Hi – I just tried to join the challenge via facebook and it says that the “FACEBOOK Sign Up – Maximize Your Mornings Challenge” is turned off.

Thanks,
    Cathy

• […] 16, 2011 by beyondmartha Today is Day 11 of the 31 Days to Clean Homemaker’s Challenge, and Day 2 of Maximize Your Mornings Summer Session. So far, in technical terms, I’ve failed miserably on both […]