You Are A Masterpiece

By March 9, 2011Get Inspired

I love this spoken word piece from Amena Brown. It’s only 2 minutes long. Listen and be inspired.
(If you’re viewing this via RSS or email, click here to view the video.)

What would YOU Do?

And secretly? I would LOVE to be able to do spoken word stuff like this…so brilliant. Perhaps I’ll have to throwdown at my next MOPS speaking engagement.

I kid. Mostly. 🙂

If you were guaranteed you wouldn’t fail (or look goofy) what would you LOVE to do?

Comments

• This is awesome. There was a young man in our youth group when were volunteering who could speak like this. He wrote his own pieces and he could move people awesomely. He came from an awful home life, but God has used him mightily!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Bernice

• Avatar michelle says:

This clip reminds me a lot of something I wrote! Maybe I should dig it up and practice it. 🙂 Kat, I want to see you bust into a freestyle during your next vlog.

I wrote about something thing I’d do if I couldn’t fail in January. But, I’m starting to realize that God likes using people who look & feel like failures- people who understand they can’t do it on their own.

• If I had no fear of failure I think I would finish the book I started writing when I was 12… of I would become a chef. 🙂

• Avatar Haley says:

That gave me goosebumps!

• Avatar Cyle Lewis says:

Oh wow this is inspiring. Kat, I am so blessed to have come across your blog today. I look forward to reading more:)

• Avatar Courtney says:

Wow, wow, and wow. That was incredible. I want to watch it again. You always feature such great links here!

• Avatar Lindsey says:

I would love to do this kind of stuff too…

Have you seen this? It’s incredible!!

• Avatar Sandy says:

I love spoken word. This was especially moving. There is something so powerful to me about pondering our God as Word.

• Avatar Becca says:

Amazing! ahh, I loved that…How powerful it is to hear the TRUTH of what Christ did for us and how deeply he desires us to walk with Him according to His call for our lives! Now, to be passionately seeking Him, listening, and learning what He has in store – Thanks for that inspiration today!

That is two days in a row that I encountered that word – masterpiece. Hmmm…

Thanks for sharing Kat!

• Avatar Katie says:

This was beautiful… and exactly what I needed to hear just now. 🙂 I love when that happens. Thank you for sharing it!

Blessings to you!

• Avatar Reba says:

If I was guaranteed to not fail or look goofy?
    I’d share the gospel with my brothers and friends and neighbors. I’d speak about it openly on my blog. I’d have those conversations with my family about how He’s changed my life. I’d love deeper without being afraid of rejection or hurt. And I’d probably take up jogging, because my husband would like that. 🙂

• […] You are a Masterpiece (Inspired to Action) – Who are we in Christ? A unique and perfect Masterpiece…this is a powerful video. […]

• Avatar shorty says:

Wonderful!

If I knew I wouldn’t’ fall…that is ONE DEEP QUESTION!! I am going to have to ponder that one.