Mom Tips: How To Get Things Done, Pt. 3

By March 23, 2011Be Productive

First Things First: Where To Keep Your To Do List

The first thing you need to do when planning your list is to decide where to keep it. A few options are:

1. A small notebook – It’s small, portable and you probably already have one somewhere in your house.
2. Index cards – Index cards and a binder clip are another great way to manage your task list. They are especially cool because you can rearrange them and sort them.
3. Your hand – don’t laugh. I’ve done this.
4. Computer – This is a great way to manage your to do list. You can use a full powered program and arrange and edit to your hearts content.
5. Phone – You can keep a simple list on your phone or you can use an app that syncs with your desktop.

The key to finding the perfect system is to not be afraid to try and try again to see what works for you.

My tool of choice: I use an app called Things. I’ve used it for several years and simply love it. I have it on my Mac and my phone.

How To Manage a To Do List

1. Brain Dump
Trying to constantly remember things you need to do is stressful, so I HIGHLY recommend getting things out of your brain and onto paper (or into your phone) asap.

2. Delegate and Delete
As often as possible (preferably each day) go through your inbox and decide what really needs to be done and assign it to a time frame or project. Don’t be afraid to delete things that no longer seem as important as they did when you first thought of them.

3. Chunk
This is a vital step. I used to write down things in my to do list that I could never accomplish in one sitting. For example:

Bad To do: “Organize Photos”

That’s akin to putting “Explain Time Space Continuum To My 3 Year Old” on your list. It’s not exactly a one step process. It is a project, NOT a task.

It is KEY to “chunk” big projects down into 5-10 minute tasks:

– download pictures from camera
– List events.
– Star printable photos.
– Rinse and repeat for each month.

This makes it SO much easier and doable.

4. Tag
I tag my to do items based on type (errand, email, writing, computer, project, phone etc.)

That way, when I’m planning an errand run, have time to make phone calls, or sit down at the computer I can quickly see all the tasks of that type I need to do.

I also like to tag them based on how much time I think they’ll take. This has been key for me, because if I only have 5 minutes or 30 minutes, I can quickly see what I can accomplish in that time frame.

Obviously, tagging is only practical if you keep your to do list on the computer in some sort of program that makes it simple to do. It sounds a bit overboard, but I’ve found it to be very helpful.

5. Daily
Every day I pick 3 tasks that I want to do. When I sit down to my computer, this list keeps me from randomly wandering around the Internet.

Which of course has never happened. (ahem…)

I try to keep my list simple and doable. It gets messy and cluttered sometimes, but having a system helps me to get back on track quickly.

Maintenance vs. Accomplishment

If your To Do list is aligned with your mission statement and goals, completing your tasks each day is like following the yellow brick road to your dreams.

And that, my friends, is the cheesiest sentence I’ve ever written. Thank you, thank you very much.

Still, it’s true though. We could spend our whole lives just maintaining things. We could fill and complete our to do lists each day and never accomplish much.

But if we make sure our daily tasks are always leading us to our destination, there is so much joy in the journey and in the knowledge of our purpose.

To Do List Testimony

Awhile back I thought it would be a good idea to start 1000 gifts journals with my daughters.  Like many good ideas it could have just floundered in my head (where many good ideas have gone to die).

But it lined up with my mission statement and goals so I assigned a day to get it done. When it came up on my list, I bought the journals.

And now? My girls and I write together in our journals before bed. A treasure in the making.

Next Week: Routines

Next week we’ll talk about routines, which are crucially DIFFERENT from to do items and can overwhelm you if you put them on your task list.

Update: Read The Rest of the Series…

1. Tips for Moms: How To Get Things Done
2. Mom Tips: How To Get Things Done, Pt. 2
3. Mom Tips: How To Get Things Done, Pt. 3
4. Mom Tips: Routines vs Tasks – Why You Need To Know The Difference
5. How To Be Awesome

Comments

• Avatar Jennifer says:

Thank you for the reminder of the difference between projects vs to-do items – I struggle with that sometimes! After trial and error, so far the best way I have managed my to-do list is through iCal that way I can create categories and color code those items. The only downfall is that it does not sync up with my iphone and i feel like my phone is half my brain sometimes – so I am very interested in the Things app!
    p.s. that is so sweet about the 1000 gifts journal – inspires me to do that with my girl once she is big enough!

• Awesome! I definitely need some help getting organized and accomplishing tasks on my to do list!

• I love the way you have explained using a to-do list. It can be so simple, but seem so complicated!
    Bernice

• Avatar Ginny says:

My to do list is ever-evolving but right now I use a combination of Wunderlist and Motivated Moms apps. Doesn’t fit all my specs, but it’s ok for now!

• Avatar Valerie says:

I use a BIG planner with a whole page for each day. The to-do list goes on the right side, homeschool lesson plans go on the left and anything we’re doing in the evening goes on the bottom. It works but I can’t really carry it around with me. An app that syncs with my iPod would be great! Thanks for doing this!

• Avatar Katie says:

I use an iPhone app called Home Routines for my routines, and it has a to do list component I’ve been using for home and personal stuff. At work I just make a list on paper and then star or number items to prioritize. I love the idea of putting a length of time w/ each item – I think that can really help me! Thanks as always 🙂

• Avatar Johnna says:

I don’t have a to do list to manage and that is a big part of my problem…I know it definitely helps the few times I have done it but I have a problem with being consisitent.

• Avatar Reba says:

I use a copy of the Daily Docket from Organized Simplicity. (awesome book by the way) It’s organized really well with time frames and errands and even has a place to put a verse for the day.

• Avatar Erika says:

I have a Word doc that I update every week and reprint–it has my daily/weekly things that are a permanent fixture and then the other specific things facing me. We also keep our home project list at the bottom of the page–the project first and then the next couple of steps of that project–one of my best take-aways from Getting Things Done!! and I have plenty of white space to add things throughout the week. Simple, but has helped sooo much the last year or so.

• Avatar Cindy says:

For my to do list and my projects list, I use the simple pen and paper in a small notebook. I have to brain dump or I never get anything done.

• Avatar Heather says:

I so need this app! My current list is written on about 473 different small pieces of paper that are in just as many different places in my house/purse/car. I also JUST got my first ever iPhone on Sunday and have been trying to decide what app to use (ha… one of the “things” on my to do list somewhere…) This would be awesome! Oh, and “Organize Photo’s” yup… I have that on there too, and am pretty sure it has been there for over a year! Love how you broke it down!

• Avatar Aimee says:

A couple of years ago I discovered a daily planner that has been a LIFESAVER for me as someone who is self-employed and has young children, one of which has special needs and numerous therapy appointments each week. I found the Busy Body Book (www.busybodybook.com) – it’s been FABULOUS!! It has a grid system for each week so I can have a column for myself (and my business appts.), my daughter (and her therapy appts.), my son, and my husband (he’s a teacher who is in grad school so he’s got a lot of after school appts. and class during the week, etc.). It also has a handy “to-do” list on the side (with a checkbox so you can check off what you’ve accomplished) where I can list out items I need to do each week. Then in the back of the book there are several pages of perforated tear-out “to do” lists…this thing is INCREDIBLE!!! I’m sold! 🙂

• Avatar abby says:

I think I really want that Things app. I use paper and sometimes I use my ipod touch (when my kids haven’t hijacked it 🙂 But I also have a simple routine I try and stick to everyday that helps me with my to dos as well. We have a town day and I make a list for all the tasks and map it out so I don’t have to back track.a

• Avatar Steena says:

I keep track of my to-dos on Awesome note, an iPhone app. I like the mention of tagging things! I often get entirely too distracted at the computer 🙂

• Avatar Lisa H says:

I don’t manage my to-do lists very well. 😉

I have note pads everywhere (desk, car, purse, on the fridge…) and they all have some sort of list on them.

• Avatar Sarah J. says:

I have a Busy Body Planner and use the Errands App, but was going to click to buy the Things app! Glad I read until the end to see that you were giving it away!

• Avatar alison says:

Kat, this post is like LIQUID GOLD. I love it! I’m crossing my fingers that I win! My to-do list is modeled a lot like my to-do list when I managed several clients at an ad firm–it’s organized by client, meaning my daughter, my son, my husband, my house, me, etc.

I’m glad you liked the post, Alison! I think it’s brilliant that you merged your role as a mom with a to do system you were already familiar using. Great idea!

• Avatar Kari says:

I use checklists. I have a chore checklist on my fridge that I can check off items each day and each week. I also write my to-do list on our kitchen white board. Depending on the priority, the day’s activities, etc, some things get done, some don’t. We use a color-coded calendar for all of our activities. My hubby and I try to keep a Google Doc spreadsheet for grocery items, Target items, items we would like to do, items around the house we need to do and a misc column, that way it’s easy to access on our phones or computer.

• Avatar Kel says:

My to-do list is the pen and paper variety. I’ve tried some to-do list apps, but haven’t found one yet that works for me. Maybe this will be the one!

• Avatar Sandra says:

Great info – thank you…the reminder to separate projects from tasks was great. I have a HUGE long term to do list on my computer…it is my “dump” … It is separated out family, work, house… etc. Then once a week I go through it and pick off the things that i want or can realistically get done that week. It keeps those long term thing from overwhelming me!

• Avatar Lisa Walters says:

I don’t do well at managing my to-do list. I end up writing things in several different places, and then forget where I write them! I definitely need some help in this department!

• Avatar Laura says:

I have a phone app – I have it broke out into today, other, grocery lists, books to read, dinner ideas, etc. When I was on vacation, I tried to get 6 items a day done. I felt such a great sense of accomplishment. The lists dwindled. It helps to get the ideas out of my head. The older I get the better this helps me!

• Avatar Sami says:

I got an iphone just to keep me organized, and it has made such a difference!! Also, I sit down 1x a week and just think about what needs to be done (I think this was your idea). And then every morning look at what’s supposed to get done on that day. The mission statement is my bulldog to make sure I stay in line with my priorities (you’re idea too). Thanks Kat!!

• Avatar Deanne Robertson says:

I too organize my to do list by task, using a simple computer based spreadsheet. It helps me be more productive when I’m running errands etc. But I never thought of further breaking them down by time. That’s brilliant!

• Avatar patty says:

Kat, my problemis that i have to-do lists in my mind or i jot them down on this piece of paper or that piece of napkin, etc…then i lose them. i totally need to get the list written down or put in the computer where i won’t lose them. thank you for helping me to see the difference between the to-do lists and the tasks. i would love Things!

patty

• Avatar Emily B says:

I use a to-do list app on my phone and keep sticky notes and a pen by my bed–because I always think of things at night and then can’t get to sleep!

• Avatar Lindsay says:

I keep small notebooks in my purse. I prefer to be able to write down vs. using the computer; however, that was all before the iphone! now i think I could be talked into transitioning over to an electronic to-do list.

• Avatar Peggy says:

I am slowly learning to do this. I have been using the Daily Docket out of Organized Simplicity. I am definitely improving but still have a ways to go.

• Avatar Heather says:

Hi,
    This is a great topic! I really like the Tag step. I have done that off and on but I want to be more consistent. The maintenance vs accomplishment step is where I am at!! I want to start moving more towards accomishment! I find when I do it helps me feel better about the mountains of laundry (I have 5 boys+husband) that is always with me.
    I keep a to do list on the notes section on my iPhone. It is always with me so I can put down new things that pop into my head. I also keep a small spiral notebook in my purse. I am realizing that having two is not the most productive so I am trying to only use my phone.
    Thank you for your helpful insights!

Heather,
      You’re very welcome.
      5 boys + your husband?! I can barely handle my 3 kids and husband’s laundry. Props to you!

• Avatar Jessica says:

I add things to the calendar on my Blackberry, have an ongoing list of to-do on there as well. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to keep track of everything I want/need to accomplish.

Jessica,
      If I’ve learned anything, I’ve learned that it’s a process of figuring out what works best. It’s all about tweaking things until it fits just right.

• Avatar Dawn says:

I use a calendar and a daily to do list that I make in the morning with realistic things I can actually accomplish that day. Would love to check out this “Things” app you talk about! Sounds awesome!

• I start fresh each day with my to-do list… I add the things I didn’t get done yesterday onto the bottom of the list of things that MUST get done today.

• Avatar Krissa says:

For my work to-do list I use the task feature on gmail…for my personal to-do list…need to figure something out! Usually I just jot things down on a paper. By best tip for to-dos is to do the thing you are most dreading first! I don’t always do this…but when I do it makes all the difference! I’m going to have to try some of these tips to get my to-do list managed better.

• Avatar Hannah says:

I don’t manage my to-do list. That’s why I appreciate these posts and ebooks so much!

• Avatar Megan says:

I keep almost everything in a spiral notebook. I always intend to use my phone more for these things but it never quite seems to happen.

• Great ideas. Thanks!

• Avatar Lori Obregon says:

I use a form from Organizehome.com It is currently in my household binder buried under a bunch of papers I need to organize! : ) Would love to try out Things : )

• Avatar Dawn Pfahning says:

I often just use the calendar on my iPhone. I set it to alert me with reminders like to remember to take something to work, or time to pick up kids (not so often any more), to pay house payment, etc. I also use Notes on my phone for lists and of course, the occasional post-it note. I never realized there were aps for list making. I checked out Things online and if I don’t win it, I may have to buy it!
    Even though I’m an “older mom” of 52 with 18 & 22 yr old daughters, I truly appreciate your blog and it has often “Inspired me to Action”. Thank you.

• Avatar gina says:

truthfully – i manage my to do list on 47 different types of paper, in 47 different locations, and start them over at least 47 different times of the week….. very efficient! …. only if your are the number 47…..! perhaps i need a new system – since i am a list-maker, just not a list commit-er!

• Avatar Fran says:

I set aside 15 mins twice daily, one to work on my household list and one from the fun projects list. It’s fun to see how much gets done in 15 focused minutes and satisfying to gradually check off each item as it is completed. 🙂

• Avatar Meri Todd says:

I’ve been using apps on my phone. I have an app for errands, I use the calendar reminders for appointments, I have another app for shopping lists, and another app for Home Routines. They work fine, but are easy to “ignore” if I want to. It would be really cool to have one app that could do what all my other ones do!

• Avatar Kristen says:

I wish I had a good method for my to-do list, however i am currently struggling. I usually write things on a piece of paper and that works ok for the day, but gets misplaced and I have to start over the next day. Needless to say there are a lot of things that I store in the brain, so I would definitely need to follow your advice and brain dump. I would love to try out Things to see if that works for me.

• Avatar Beth says:

I don’t know if you can call it “managing,” but I usually have lists on lots of different post-it notes. NOT effective! I am also guilty of writing giant projects on my to-do list as if they are simple tasks…then I am so overwhelmed that I don’t tackle them. This was a great post!

• I mostly use my phone and a couple of list/reminder apps for my to-do list, but also sometimes use notes jotted on pieces of paper as well.

These tips are great, Kat – thank you!!

• Avatar April says:

I use 2 things: A smart phone app and website called Remember the Milk, which allows for tagged and categorical lists (to do, shopping, etc.). My husband also has this app, and it syncs, which is great for grocery items, family to do’s, etc. My second system is a small paper daily planner that shows the entire week “at a glance” w/ blanks beside each time. On the mornings that I get up early (progressively getting better, largely in part to your blog’s great tips and encouragement!!), I take about 5 min. to prioritize my to do’s for the day and fill the most impt items into time slots. Would love to see if Things is similar to RTM, esp if it’s free!! 🙂

• Avatar Kathy B in TN says:

Hi, My first visit here. I’m enjoying reading through the articles. I have a ToDo list on my iPod Touch – but it’s not really working for me, so I’d be a happy camper to win “Things” and give it a try.

• Avatar Patricia says:

My to-do list is on my calendar on my mac, and I check them off as I do them. I would love a better way to manage and organize my to-dos and projects. Things might be the way to go.

• Avatar Messy Wife says:

I had tried a few different things:
    – on paper: I ended up losing the piece of paper
    – on computer: many tasks got forgotten because my computer wasn’t on; or, I got distracted to browse webpages while trying to check my to-do list on it
    – on iPod touch:
    ~ calendar and notepad : didn’t like that I cannot really check things off
    ~ springpad: just started but it seems that you can use it with Google Calendar but I don’t want to use an online calendar…

I guess you can say that I am still in search of a better way…

• Avatar Sarah says:

MY to-do list mostly stays in my head, with time-sensitive and/or important stuff making into my day-planner. Or a list somewhere.
    My “system” sure could use a make-over! ;P

• Avatar Karen says:

I print out a formatted list, fill it in-in order of priority for the day. Then I set my timer and get to it! 🙂 I also balance work with rest…having older kids makes that possible!

• Avatar Cyle Lewis says:

I use a clip board with a steno pad attached… I desperately need something on the computer thought.. hint hint:)

• Avatar Katie Orr says:

I use a similar system, brain dump, and all! However, I keep it mostly offline, using a “dry-erase picture”, a frame with fabric behind the glass, as my master to-do list. I am continually making to-do lists. So, to get rid of all those little pieces of paper, I jot them down on my master to-do list!

Just did a blog post (with video!) about paper clutter last week, and it includes a bit of how this works for me: http://www.katieorrblog.com/2011/03/how-to-tackle-paper-clutter.html

Have tried going to a digital to-do list a few times, and have not found a great solution. May need to check out Things for Mac! I looked into the app, but they don’t have it for android. Booo!

• Avatar Rusheika says:

I have yet to find a system that works for me… i think I just need to be more disciplined no matter what method i choose! I’ll check out “Things”

” i think I just need to be more disciplined no matter what method i choose!”

That’s wisdom right there!!! So true for all of us!

• Avatar Jen says:

Right now, I use a notebook, but the tagging thing would really help me!

• Avatar Blessed Mom says:

I’ve been floundering with organizing and following through with my to do list for some time now. Right now I right my list in a planner, but so often I don’t get all of the items accomplished in a week and have to rewrite everything the next week. It’s just not working. Thanks for sharing your method.

Do you list your household chores on your to do list or do you have that schedule somewhere else?

• Avatar Natalie says:

Kat,

I know I haven’t commented in awhile but I still read faithfully! I am always sharing I2A with friends and today I gave copies of your Mother’s Prayer Calendar to my Bible study group. Thank you for all your do. As a result of your last three posts, I have added the task of generating goals from my missions statement as an alert on my phone 🙂 This is how I manage my to dos at this point but I’d love to try Things! Anyway, just wanted to say hello and THANK YOU for all you do here!!!

• Avatar Heather says:

Right now my to do list(s) are spread all over! I have tried everything and can’t seem to find one that works. I have to do list add. I have notebooks, calendars, apps, forms…. Maybe I am just hoping that one will motivate me to actually do my to do!

• Avatar LeeAnn says:

I just love your posts. You are real, like me, and struggle with this, but are trying to figure out what works. Thanks so much. Def my favorite blog! 🙂 I have tried a couple of online programs but none have done the trick so far. Hoping I can snag my husband’s ipod touch soon so I’ll have a way to use apps. Otherwise, I’ve been using a composition notebook for the ‘brain dump’ and a daily planner page for the top three tasks and other to dos for the day.

• Avatar Shawntele says:

I don’t have a good system, that is my problem! Sticky notes, lists in notebooks, and I have started using iCal; I just need to find a way to tie them all together. I fell in love with Thing last night when you mentioned it at the #hellomornings twitter party & added it to my ‘hope to have one day’ list. Thanks!

• Avatar amanda says:

Although I like the idea of it, using a computer to organize my tasks has never worked for me. I just love the feeling of writing out to do lists by hand. I think the physical process of writing somehow soothes my scattered brain. And now living in Cambodia, with unreliable internet & sometime power, the handwritten list makes even more sense. I like to divide into categories like Personal/Grad School/Work/To Buy/Computer/etc. I agree with you about having a lists of tasks for the computer, otherwise I end up aimlessly clicking & opening tabs, until magically all of my computer time passes in a blink of an eye, without anything really getting accomplished!

• Avatar Amy says:

I have always used random paper lists and recentlyhave been trying to use the calendar app, Cozi…. with limited success.

• Avatar Melissa Campbell says:

I enter tasks into my calendar on my phone. Still looking for a great app for to do lists. Love to use this one!

• Avatar Jana says:

I started with Toodledo, but got too hung up on setting all the priorites, options, etc. Now, I’m back to the spiral notebook full of various brain dumping sessions. I checked out Things, and love, love, LOVE it! That is the visual peace of mind I’ve been looking for…not to mention tags. Wooohooo!

• Avatar Sarah Jean says:

I too use an app which has been instrumental in organizing my day, but it sounds like “Things” is far more detailed which would be very helpful.

• Avatar Wanda says:

I use my calendar and delegate easy things to my children and do the harder things myself. I also use the stickies program on my computer. I also keep a running list in my brain, which gets difficult with six children and a household to keep going also. Would love this app for the computer, maybe it would help all of us do our daily work more smoothly.

• Avatar Mikel says:

I use a Task List on Gmail … but your article has given me LOTS of new ways to use it! Thanks a ton =D

• Avatar Christy says:

Oh my, I would LOVE to win this giveaway! My to-do list is usually on the white board on my fridge, but these days with 2 small children my to-do list is falling by the wayside. NEED to get back on track!! Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

• Avatar sandy says:

How do I manage my to-do list? I think it actually manages me. . . Need. to. get. control!

• Avatar Nicol says:

Currently I have my to-do list in Outlook and it’s working okay but could a better option. Anymore I find myself finding a piece of paper and writing things down only to discover them later under the mail, purse, magazines, etc.

• Avatar susan says:

I don’t manage my to-do list very consistently or well.
    I write all my to-do’s on one piece of paper. These tend to add up to more than I can complete in a day – more like a week’s worth.

Still looking for a system that works for me.

I have used my palm as a place for to-do’s. I call it my palm pilot. 😉

• Avatar Tamsen says:

Your site makes a smooth running non-perfect home seem doable, and I so appreciate that. My method sadly is to write down things that pop into my head, on whatever paper is handy. Needless to say, this doesn’t work too well. I’m trying to use a homemaking notebook as a place to consolidate all these tasks.

• Avatar Ashley says:

Sometimes it’s an index card with top priorities, other times its a notebook with each day having an exhaustive list. Both work in their seasons. I just downloaded the free trial and can’t wait to check it out!

• I was just brainstorming today about how to simplify my “to do” lists and go paperless. I love Tsh’s Daily Docket but I can’t handle any more paper clutter in my house! I’ve been toying around with using Evernote on my phone but Things looks seriously great. If I don’t win, I may have to bite the bullet and get it! The reviews seem to indicate it’s worth the price tag.

• Avatar Kathy in IN says:

My to-do list is just in my head! I think I could use a different method, lol.

• Avatar Kahri says:

Haven’t found a good system lately. Trying to find something to sync on my computer and iphone. Been very overwhelmed lately with how to organize my to dos! Tried evernote but don’t like it for that. Currently using something that is just on my iphone.

• Avatar Jeaniene says:

I was recently challenged (by Ann Ortland on a Revive our Hearts program) to color code my to-do list… so I use green for the different housework tasks for each day, blue for school assignments/homework goals (my husband and I are currently both full time language students in Asia), red for different ministry things (discipleship with a new believer, a Study at our home, emails to write, etc), and black for other meetings and such that don’t necessarily have a category. So far it’s been great – and really shows where my time is going and where I need to rearrange my schedule to fit more with my Mission Statement!

• Avatar MommaKristi says:

I have no system for getting things done…I’m very intrigued by things. I have a new iphone and I’ve played with several apps but none are fitting!!! I use google calendar and have it color coded, but my to do list makes me crazy!!!

• Avatar kelli says:

Hey Kat- nice to meet you for a second at Sally’s conference last month! I’m just catching up on my blogs this morning and see that you use the same program I do for lists, but I’ve been hesitant to get it on my iphone/ipad because I didn’t know if the programs automatically synced in the cloud, or do I have to plug in my phone to the computer each time I want to sync my lists?

thanks, friend. have a great weekend!

Hi Kelli!
      They are working on a cloud sync, but right now the only sync is via wifi. It works well, especially when I just had my iPhone. Now, I mainly use my iPad and syncing both through my Mac isn’t ideal, but it works quickly. I’d love it if they had a way to just sync my phone and iPad.

The good thing is that you don’t have to plug in to sync. You just need both devices on and connected to the same network. You can even use your own network via your Mac if you’re not in a wifi hotspot.

• Avatar kelli says:

Got it. I guess I will buy both of them, then, for the ipad and iphone. Would love another post about other apps that you use. Always helpful to hear from other moms what they use to manage their homes!

My favorite app/program is Evernote. I scrolled through the other comments on this post and don’t think anyone mentioned it, but it’s fantastic. I also use that between all 3 devices to stay organized- it’s like a massive, sortable database/journal where I can keep everything together- pdfs, screenshots of websites I need to remember, gift ideas, notes from sermons or conferences, recipes, photos, and on and on. Love it!

• Avatar Jenn Yates says:

I have several methods of keeping up with my to-do’s – basic paper list, in my head and evernote. But none of them are working too well! I want to learn to accomplish rather than always maintaining so that I can fulfill more of what God wants me to do. I love your site and all your fabulous advice!

• Avatar Heather says:

Were the winners announced? If so, I missed it.

• Avatar Kimberly says:

I like to have a must do, would like to do and long term list. It feels good to to your must do, feels even better in the next and AWESOME when you finally coss something off the long term list!!!!

• […] are the winners of the Things To Do List App and the Christa Wells CD: Things – Deanne Robertson and Laura Nunn (FB winner) Christa Wells CD – Rachelle and Kahri Lynn (FB Winner) Share […]

• […] Inspired to Action: Mom Tips: How to Get Things Done, Pt. 3 “The key to finding the perfect system is to not be afraid to try and try again to see what works […]

• […] already discussed how to manage to do’s, so now let’s talk about managing […]

• Avatar Shauna says:

Oh my goodness, right now I have a thousand notebooks with things I need to do. They are all over the place and then obviously don’t get done. I have four kids under the age of 4 (4-Quin, 3-Ty, 6 months-Ava and Rylee) and have A LOT to get done. I will sometimes end up just doing very little because of being overwhelmed. Thank you so much for the tips!!!

• […] Inspired to Action – Mom Tips: How To Get Things Done, Part 2 and Mom Tips: How To Get Things Done, Part 3 […]