HelloMornings! {Winter ’11} Week 2

It’s the start of week 2, and the response to the MYM Challenge has been amazing! Thank you to everyone who has joined!

If you’ve been on the fence, you’re welcome to jump in!

Accountability Groups

We’ve assigned everyone to an Accountability Captain. {giggle} You can check the list on the new HelloMornings Page.

If you don’t see your twitter handle, don’t panic. Simply send me an @ message and I’ll get make sure you get in a group. (Ex. @michellebygrace Please add me to an AC group! #hellomornings)

Did you see the awesome Twitter tutorial written by our own Katie?

Encouragement

I started the first challenge in August of 2010. It took 4 months just to get my bedtime routine where it needed to be. It helped that I got sick and had no choice but to go to bed very early for a while. I was a die-hard night owl.

If you feel like you’re struggling over the days and weeks, remember that you are planting seeds. It will take time for them to root. You may not see green shoots till Spring.

Don’t get discouraged!

Aim to be faithful, not flawless.

Shake off yesterday’s “miss” and try again today.

If your scorecard is dragging you down, tear it up!

Take simple steps of faithfulness everyday.

You will see the fruit of your efforts!

Link-Up

Have you written a post about the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge? You can link it up below!

(Please add the url of your specific MYM post.)

Question

What will be your biggest challenge in creating and implementing your morning routine?

Michelle loves Jesus, coffee and her 2 man-children. She married a Mennonite without realizing everything that entailed.

Now she writes and tweets from Amish country- and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Comments

• Avatar MaryBeth says:

I know that the hardest part for me is my bedtime routine… because if I don’t get to bed at a decent hour I can’t seem to make myself get up. So I’m starting with a concentration on getting to bed consistently at the same time. Once that is under control I’ll start progressively getting up earlier. Thanks again for all the encouragement!

• Avatar april_babies says:

Bedtimes are my biggest challenge as well. I think as moms, we cherish and hold on to those quiet hours alone after everyone else has gone to sleep. I need to shift the focus from quiet hours alone at night to quiet hour alone in the morning. Getting offline and making the most of the DVR will help. I like MaryBeth’s goal of readjusting bedtime. Right there with ya, sister!

• Avatar Daphne says:

I think the hardest part for me has been that my kids have been sick. I have a 4 month old who was 6 weeks premature and has an apnea monitor still. He caught the cold that my girls have been fighting. So it has been making for some long nights. But this morning was a good one. I got some quiet time in before the kids got up and I worked out with the kids. Now I am getting them breakfast and making my devotional time!
    Thank you so much! This is an answer to prayer!

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Katie Orr, Kat @Inspired2Action. Kat @Inspired2Action said: New Post: "HelloMornings {Winter '11} Week 2" – http://ow.ly/3QhJK // Encouragement and a Link Up! #hellomornings […]

• I struggle with getting up at a decent time as well. I don’t have to get kids up (they are in college and get up at all different hours) and I don’t always see hubby off, but I would like to get back in that habit!
    Bernice

• Avatar Sara says:

The hardest part for me has been getting out from under the nice warm covers next to my sweet husband…it’s brutal at times. It’s only harder when I’ve had a week of assignments for grad school due.

It seems every time I start this my kiddos get sick. It was a hard week. One day was a hit but the others were misses. =( Will start again next week I guess. I’m so thankful for this community of support, encouragement, and inspiration.

• Avatar Shannon P. says:

Like others, my biggest challenge is trying to go to bed earlier. I have been a night-owl (who LOOOVES to sleep in) all my life. Changing that pattern is hard, but staying up late AND trying to get up early certainly doesn’t work. It REALLY doesn’t work when the short time I give myself for sleep is interrupted multiple times by my younger two boys who aren’t the best sleepers still. Sigh.

Like april_babies mentioned, I get caught up in enjoying the UNINTERRUPTED time I get to have at night. I can think … or not. Read … or not. Blog … or not. FB … or not. And it’s QUIET. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But, it is SOOOOO clear to me that it is CRITICAL to my family that I make changes so that I am getting more rest and having time each morning to read/pray/worship/plan/think and PREPARE for the chaos that is my everyday life with three small kids.

One bedtime at a time … one morning at a time! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Avatar Shawntele says:

My biggest challenge is going to be getting to bed at a half decent hour – I am such a night owl!

• Avatar lara says:

Love these great, practical tips.

• Avatar Tammy says:

I’m late…which is my M.O unfortunately. So, I’m IN! With both feet…but mostly with my heart! What will my biggest challenge be? Getting to bed *sigh*. However, I’m here this morning, with just a few minutes to spare before I start getting myself ready, then the kiddies. Luckily, DH is home so the kiddies are pretty much his (a big inside YAY!). Other than getting to bed reasonably, the challenge will be to hit the OFF button, not the SNOOZE button ~ which is hard when the outside temperatures are below zero Celcius AND Farenheit BRRR (ha).

Without further procrastination, I ask for your support from this AMAZING community of inspired women. You have no idea how wonderful you all are!!!

Blessings to you today!
    XX Tammy

• Avatar tracy says:

The hardest will be getting up. This morning went great and I hope that with prayer everynight for an early morning this will get easier. Here is my link up sorry it is late http://mysliceofsanity.blogspot.com/2011/02/hello-mornigs-and-3-in-30.html

• […] morning I got up early to read my Bible and take a shower {thanks to the Maximize Your Morning Challenge at Inspired to Action}. Right now I’m reading Ann Voskamp‘s One Thousand Gifts so I […]