A Little Announcement…

By February 21, 2011Get Inspired

This is God Showing Off…

Being a part of this trip is simply one of the biggest honors I could imagine. My husband and I have been sponsoring children through Compassion for about 10 years now. Sathish, Sophanie, Sayriel and Akakor Grace are a part of our family.

And while I would have been ridiculously honored to go on a Compassion trip to any location, to be invited on a trip to the Philippines… is simply God showing off.

A Little Background

My mother, whom I never knew, was from the Philippines. It’s a place I’ve dreamed of all my life, but never imagined I’d see.

I cannot wait to hug these precious children, to be immersed in my mother’s culture, and to share this amazing experience with you.

I hope Lindsay, Stephanie, Tsh, Keely, Shaun and Patricia are cool with the ugly cry, because they might see it one or five hundred and thirty six times.

My heart is full.

You realize I’d never have been invited if it weren’t for you, right?

So, I’ll do my best to bring you with me and share stories that I pray will change all our lives.

Here’s the official trip page and here is more information about Compassion.

Comments

• Avatar Emma says:

Thrilled for you Kat!
    Can’t wait to experience the trip through your eyes and words.

• Avatar Rachel says:

I am so happy for you! What a privilege! I know it will be great.

• Avatar Melissa says:

That is so wonderful!! My grandpa was born in the Philippines and it’s some place I desire to see in my lifetime, too. What a blessing!

• How wonderful! I’m sure it will be an amazing trip!

~h

• Avatar Natalie says:

Kat,

I am so excited for you!!! Can’t wait to read the stories you will tell about the precious Filipino people!

• Avatar michelle says:

Love Love Love this announcement!!!!

• Avatar Stacey says:

I love how God writes our story. Praying He has already prepared your heart and will use you in great and mighty ways Kat!

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenni Carlisle, Rebecca Brandt, Erin M., mommakristi, Kat @Inspired2Action and others. Kat @Inspired2Action said: New post: "A Little Announcement" – http://ow.ly/1s3Ug4 […]

• Avatar Dawn says:

Kat, just started getting your emails and reading your blog, so excited about this Compassion trip, I follow Tsh too. I lived in the Philippines in 98-99 and fell in love with the place and people, you will be richly blessed. We traveled there in 2009 to bring home our son who was born in Davao, another incredible experience. Excited to follow your journey!

• Yay, Kat!!! How exciting!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! What a blessing! Don’t you love it when God surprises us with blessings beyond our wildest dreams?!! Thank you so much for sharing your super special news with us!!!

Building Home with Him,

Mary Joy

• Woohooo!!! Sooo excited for you!!! This is so wonderful and how perfect it is that you are headed to the Phillipines! OH Kat – I am so happy for you!!! We will be praying for you and I can’t wait to follow your journey!!
    Much Love,
    Courtney

• Avatar Melissa says:

What wonderful news! I lived in the Philippines from 99-00 and went back for a visit last summer and even though I had lived there before and can speak Cebuano I experienced some cultural shock the first couple days. Thankfully, Filipinos are so generous, hospitable, warm and funny that it didn’t take too long before I was back in love and feeling at home. Have a great time!

• YAY KAT!
    Awesome, GOD!
    I am so overflowing with joy for you as I read this, how precious, precious of God to bring you to the Philippines and in this most honoring way all round.
    I’ll be glad to follow.

• Avatar Patricia says:

I am thankful you will be joining us on this trip and, YES.. we are all about the ugly cry! So glad your on the team!

• I happend to be on that website just this weekend and saw you on the list. What an amazing opportunity! And i love the part about “god showing off” how cool!

• Avatar Adrienne says:

Kat! What a wonderful opportunity! There is such a need in the Philippines. My father was from the Philippines and I never knew him. It has always been a source of wonder for me as well. I will be living on your every word and detail. Godspeed my friend!

• Avatar Courtney says:

Wow – so happy for you! And excited, and tickled! And look at you, giving glory to God for it all. Way to go. Can’t wait to read all about it.

• Avatar jared's mum says:

way to go kat, i remember you asking me if i were from the philippines during the first webminar i attended..looking forward to seeing you here in may:)

• Avatar Emily says:

I was so excited to see the compassion bloggers posted and to know that I already follow your blog! What an honor to be chosen!

• This is just wonderful Kat! It is going to be such a great experience for everyone! Can’t wait to read about it.

• Avatar Tara says:

I saw the link on Tsh’s blog – and was so thrilled to see you going! Can’t wait to see this journey.

• Avatar Bethany B. says:

YAY! What a neat gift from the Lord! I can’t wait to hear about your trip!!!

• Avatar Erin says:

Kat! This is so awesome! I can’t wait to hear your stories. What an amazing gift from the Father!

• I am super SUPER thrilled for you, Kat! I LOVE the connection to your life’s story. BRILLIANCE! And because some of my very favorite bloggers are on this trip, I am confident I will be ugly-crying along with you from this side of the screen. 🙂

• Avatar Haley says:

What an amazing gift! So exciting for you.

• Avatar Kelly says:

So excited for you Kat! God is showing off! Can’t wait to read all about your trip…will be praying for you.

• Avatar Renee says:

Very exciting!! Followed this a couple years ago also…and it was so used by God to bring about certain changes in my family. Definitely tears all around!! Blessings!

• Wow, Kat – just wow. How wonderful and beautiful and exciting!

• Avatar Katie Orr says:

So stinkin’ excited for you! (And a bit jealous *wink*)

Lord, use Kat for your glory!

• Avatar Meagan says:

When I first read you were going I was so excited for you, but then when I read this post and the personal connection you have to the Philippines, I was even more thrilled! Blessing upon blessing! Looking forward to following along on this exciting journey.

• Avatar Lara says:

Soooooo totally awesome! Wow. Excited for you beyond words. Cannot wait to hear more!

• Avatar Kristiana says:

No one is more deserving! Bursting with excitement for you!
    xo love you!

• Avatar kat says:

Hi Kat, I’m Kat, from the Philippines. Been a long time reader of your blog and until now I had no idea your mom was a Filipina. I want to thank you for being instrumental in my growth in faith. You must be so excited getting the chance to connect to your heritage. The Philippines is a beautiful place and the people warm and hospitable. Wishing your trip will be a memorable one!

• Avatar oh amanda says:

OH, Kat! Isn’t God good?! He knows every detail and works them to just SHOW us his great love for us. SO SO RIDICULOUSLY excited you are going, my friend.

(And only SO slightly over my jealousy.)

• Avatar diane says:

hi, this is the first time i’m commenting on your site, which i read almost everyday 🙂 i’m so happy that you are visiting here in the Philippines! i pray you have a safe trip, and it will surely be memorable, and many will be blessed by your group.

i read your link to your story about your mom, it brought tears to my eyes and i am inspired by how despite growing up without a mother, by God’s grace you have become a great and godly mother for your girls. my son is 3 months old, my first, and i cannot imagine leaving him at this age, or him growing up without me. God bless you and your family!