Join Us for a Parenting Webinar Next Tuesday

By January 7, 2011General

I’m so excited about this…

Amy McCready, founder of Positive Parenting Solutions, has been on the Today Show, Fox News, The Rachael Ray show and more to share her parenting wisdom and I, personally, have benefitted greatly from her insight through her online parenting courses. So I’m crazy honored to be able to work with her again.

We did a Webinar last October that was a huge success. We quickly maxed out the 200 registration limit and it was incredible chatting with all of you and learning together from Amy that night.

Next Tuesday Amy will be doing another Webinar for us entitled “Get your kids to listen—the first time. No nagging, yelling or reminding required.” Seriously? Doesn’t that sound incredible?

Here are a few more details about what Amy will share:

* why kids really misbehave — it’s probably not what you think!
* how your personality may actually fuel misbehavior
* the 5 R’s of Fair & Effective Consequences so kids listen the first time you ask
* training resources to reduce your parenting stress & stop nagging, reminding & yelling

The webinar is free but you do need to register to reserve your spot. I recommend you go now to register. It filled up pretty quickly last time.

I can’t wait to chat with you on Tuesday!

If you’re joining us on Tuesday, will you take a minute to introduce yourself in the comments (name, kids, state, fav parenting book) ? I think will be fun if we all know each other a little better before all the chatting starts.

Comments

• Marni says:

You had me at, ” “Get your kids to listen—the first time. No nagging, yelling or reminding required.” Sign me up – big time! haha

Thank you for this great information! I am signing up! 🙂

• kimberly says:

Thanks Kat! I’ve signed up and am rearing to go!

• This sounds great! I’ll be there and am looking forward to it 🙂

– Kara, mama to a 9, 4, and 2 year old living in Indiana

• Katrina says:

I can’t be there at that time. Will this be recorded and available anywhere to listen to after the fact?

• Tammy N says:

I signed up! Looking forward to it.

Tammy, mom to a 4 yr old and a 19 mo. old
    I live in Texas
    Favorite parenting book is The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

• Betsy says:

Already signed up and cant wait! Favorite parenting book is James Dobson’s Dare to Discipline.

Mom to 15 yo boy, 9 yo girl and 8 yo girl in sunny Florida

• Thank you! I just signed up – cannot wait! I’m hoping she can help with getting the kids to behave while grocery shopping – that is my biggest frustration! 🙂

• Alicia says:

So excited for this program…I have become increasingly frustrated with my childrens actions (or inactions!), and I am even more frustrated with my response toward my children.

My name is Alicia and my kiddos are 4 (girl), 2 (girl) and 9mos. (boy).

I look forward to Tuesday!

• […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Simple Kids, Michelle, impress your kids and others. impress your kids said: RT @inspired2action: Amy McCready is doing a free webinar just for you! – http://ow.ly/3zWpr […]

• Reagan says:

Thanks for offering this… I am excited to learn how I can change my behavior as a mom! My goal for this new year is to enjoy my kids while they are kids and not require behavior that is too mature for them. I have a son that is 1 and a daughter that is 3.

• Cristina says:

I’m so excited to get in on this!

I’m Cristina, I have three gorgeous children; adam, 4, Lincoln, 2, and Lana, 8 months. I live on the rainy side of Washington state, just 1/2 hour from Seattle.

P.S. Thank you Kat for being so REAL and inspiring!

• Mab says:

I would love to take this course but I am severely hard of hearing and cannot participate in a listening course. I am wondering if there will be a chance to read the transcript? That would be wonderful.

• Stephanie says:

I’m signed up and super excited! Listening and obeying are our biggest challenges right now.

I’m Stephanie and I have two daughters ages 4 and 2. We live in NC. It’s hard to pick a favorite parenting book, but I am currently reading Hints on Child Training by H. Clay Trumbell and I am blown away by each chapter! I also love anything by Charlotte Mason – especially her writings on habit training.

• Daphne says:

Hello…I am so excited. I have three kids (3months, 3 years, and 4.5 years). My favorite book for parenting is Heaven At Home and Don’t make me count to 3 by Ginger Plowman.

• Nat says:

2,3 I don’t read parenting books 🙂

• Amanda says:

Hi!

I’m Amanda and I have 4 children ages 10, 6, 5, and 18 mos. We live in the very snowy part of Ohio. 🙂 My favorite parenting book is Loving Your Kids On Purpose by Danny Silk.

Looking forward to Tuesday!

• Bethany B. says:

I’ll be there! My little man is exhibiting a very strong will and I’d love to learn what I’m doing wrong in teaching him to listen so I can fix it!!

Bethany, Momma to a 19 month old, my favorite parenting book so far is Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson, but I’m also really liking what I’ve read of Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel.

• Jamie Swing says:

My kids are 5,3 and one due in March! I definitely need some direction with positive parenting! Thanks

• Michelle says:

Thanks for putting this together!

Mom to 2 girls ages 3 and 19 months.

Austin, TX book – Pray big for your child by Will Davis, Jr

• I am looking forward to it!! Thanks for doing this!!

• Katie says:

Just signed up, and am really excited. I am a teacher, but feel so lost when it comes to disciplining my own child.

I have one son, age 18 months. Looking forward to Tuesday!

• Karen E. says:

Three children ages 10, 7, 6

suburbs of Richmond, VA

Favorite parenting book is the Bible

• Talitha says:

I am looking forward to some fresh ideas for parenting! I am Talitha and I have a 6 year old girl and 9 year old boy. I live in southwest Virginia.

• Amanda says:

I am very excited for some new teaching. We are running into some attitude issues with our oldest children. We have a 9 yr old, 7 yr old and 4 yr old. I love Kevin Leman’s parenting books.

• Kahri says:

So excited about this and so needing it right now!! I have a 4 children: 15,9,6,4. My 6 and 4 year old are very much out of control and my 9 year old tries to use emotional manipulation to control me. My husband and I are at wits end! Thank you so much!

• selena says:

Yes, me too…get them to listen the FIRST time??? WHAT! I’m soooo there!
    Thanks Kat!
    I have two boys: just about 4 and a little over 2. I don’t think I was born to be a SAHM. As much as I love it, I dislike it too. Sounds terrible…but I’m a honest person 🙂 Looking forward to learning more!

• Missy says:

I missed the Tuesday date, but I signed up for the Thursday one. Thank you for setting this up!

I have 1 son, Logan, who will be 3 on the 24th of this month. He is a funny, smart, stubborn, literal (very literal) boy. I love him to death and am always looking for ways to be a better mommy to him!

• Kisti says:

I’m Mommy to a 4 year old little lady and a 1 year old little fella. I’m looking forward to this, as lately I’m seeing a reflection of myself in my little one’s and it’s not always precious. My fav in the discipline genre is Creative Correction by Lisa Welchel.

• Kim says:

I can’t wait for this webinar!! I have two great kids; our son is 2 1/2 and our daughter is almost 8 months. We live in Kansas.
    Also, I’m a fan of most Love & Logic parenting resources, and will be looking into some of the other titles listed here, too!

• angela says:

I am Angela, the mother of two girls. 3 1/2 and 10 1/2
    We live in Florida

• Katie T. says:

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and 1-month old little boy. My daughter is definitely into testing our boundaries right now! I live in Nebraska and it’s a toss up between Shepherding a Child’s Heart, Mission of Motherhood and Hold onto Your Kids (sorry, hard to pick just one).

• I signed up for the Thursday night edition. Can’t wait! I have 3 kids, ages 5.5, 3, and 4 months and live in Georgia. My current favorite parenting book is Teach Them Diligently by Lou Priolo.

• Denisha says:

I actually found this more entretnaiing than James Joyce.