Join Me In Dallas!

By December 8, 2010General

You know what would be so cool?

Hanging out together, talking motherhood, mornings and perhaps a little music.

You know what would be even cooler?

Hanging out at a fancy hotel and learning from my very-most-favoritest motherhood author. Ever. Plus infinity. Plus one.

If your calendar is open, I’d LOVE for you to join me February 18-19 in Dallas for the MomHeart Conference with Sally Clarkson.

Now in its 14th year of ministering to mothers. Since 1998, this two-day hotel conference and getaway has been a bright light in the gray days of winter for thousands of Christian moms in over 40 conferences in eight states. Sally has been a faithful champion for biblical motherhood. This year, her message is that the world needs moms who will proudly proclaim, “My mom heart matters!” A movement of motivated moms can reclaim motherhood and shape the future for God’s glory. Sally will strenthen and encourage your heart to rise to the task of raising wholehearted children for Christ at home. She will be joined by other moms who share that passion for motherhood in messages and panel discussions (to be announced). The conference includes practical workshops, inspirational worship, a banquet luncheon, book tables, and more. Please join us!

I’m super honored to be sharing a brief version of my testimony in one of the breakout sessions and for those of you who also attend, I’d love try to schedule a breakfast or coffee hangout time for all of us too. I adore meeting blog friends in person!

Sally’s book Mission of Motherhood is hands down my favorite parenting book. I cried by page 6 and felt throughout reading the book that she was writing just for me.

I was also able to hear her speak at the Relevant Blog Conference I attended in October and was so encouraged by the message she shared. I know we’ll all be so blessed by her wonderful inspiration and wisdom.

I’ve never been to a conference entirely dedicated to motherhood and I’m REALLY looking forward to it. The only thing that could make it better is if you join me.

Here’s all the info on registration and such
. If you decide to attend, please email me and let me know and we’ll schedule an Inspired To Action meet up.

I hope you can make it!

(If Texas is too far from you, check out the other locations for the MomHeart Conference here.)

Comments

• Wish I was closer…would love to attend/meet up! I hope you have a great time…:)

• Avatar FishMama says:

How fun! I’m going to the Southern CA conference. This is my second time going — it’s a great experience. And so wonderful, as you say, to attend a conference devoted to motherhood.

FishMama,
      I imagine it will be wonderful, but it IS so nice to hear from you that you’ve been before and really enjoyed it! I do think you should come to the Texas one, this year, though. 🙂 It would be fun to meet you!

• Avatar Meagan says:

I’ve been planning to go to this conference since I heard there was one in DFW last year…which I found out about after the fact! A friend of mine invited me to the one in CA a couple years ago, but it didn’t work out. So I’ve been waiting quite some time to attend this conference and I am so happy to have the chance to go. Hope we get a chance to meet!

Meagan,
      Awesome! I have your email from the comment, so I’ll send out a note to everyone after the holidays and we’ll figure out when and where we’ll all meet up. I’m so excited to be able to say hi to you in person!

• Avatar Bethany B. says:

OOOH! Mission of Motherhood is an amazing book that I’ve started giving as a baby shower gift to all the new moms I know. She is an amazing author. I’ve got to find a way to go to this!

• Avatar Patti says:

I am going! This will be my 4th Sally Clarkson conference. Sally was the first parenting author that I wanted to stand on tables and shout “Yes yes!” about. 🙂 So instead I invited a bunch of women to read through Mission of Motherhood with me one summer in parks while our kids played. I would so enjoy getting to know more mamas at the conference.

• Avatar Tammy says:

I absolutely LOVE The Mission of Motherhood book! I recently finished reading it and passed it on to one of my friends. I think I need another copy though, because I need to read it again! 🙂 I am so hoping that I can come to the conference in February. It would be awesome to meet you in person! I have been so inspired and encouraged by your blog. Hope to see you there!

Tammy,
      Isn’t it awesome? I think I’ll be reading it yearly…

I hope to see you there too! Let me know if you come to the conference so we can meet up!

• This looks like an awesome conference, I’m going to try to go! Thanks for the information:). I recently bought “New Kid By Friday” by Dr. Leman and I really benefited from reading that being a single mom it had great tips on how to be loving and discipline. I would love to read another good book about this too!

Nicole,
      Oh, you’ll love this book. It’s definitely challenging, but it really has helped me get a foundational perspective on motherhood – things I need to work on in my own life so that I can more effectively impact my children.

I hope you’re able to go to the conference. Let me know if you do!

• Oh man! I want to go! Probably won’t make it this year though…

Sounds like a lot of fun! I LOVE Sally Clarkson 🙂 (and you too Kat!)

• Avatar Jennifer says:

I am looking forward to attending. If you send out an email prior please include me. Maybe someone would like to connect to share a room. This will be my first Sally conference, super exciting!!

• Avatar lara says:

Ewwww, the conference is going to be in Raleigh, NC March 4-5! That is my stompin’ grounds–well, an hour from my stompin’ grounds. Yeah! I will definitely check this out!

I’ve loved all of the resources from Sally that I’ve read so I’m pretty sure the conference is going to be incredible. Kinda wish there wasn’t one in Raleigh, though. Then you’d need to come to Texas! 😉

• Avatar Heather says:

This is the first I’ve heard of these conferences but it looks great. Dallas is only 3 hours from me (plus my mom lives there) so I’m going to look into this for sure! Definitely would love to meet up with some other moms!

• Avatar Leah says:

Hey Kat..I’ve been thinking of you and just wanted to stop by and say hello. What a welcome surprise to see our photo together here! I’m so glad you’ll be getting to go to Sally’s conference. Rejoicing with you! Have a blessed holiday season with Jesus at the center 🙂

• Avatar Sarah Chrastina says:

Hi Kat… I love your blog and your ‘morning routine’ really inspired me to action as a mom! I am registered for this conference and can hardly wait. Been to 2 other of Sally’s conferences in the past. I would love to meet up with an “Inspired to Action” group if you arrange something, let me know! Thanks 🙂 Sarah