My Story – the Video Version

By October 7, 2010Get Inspired, Videos

Comments

• Avatar Amy says:

Awesome idea! πŸ™‚ Even despite the sweats and ‘I didn’t do my hair’ hat. hee hee

That is something that teachers don’t think about….Mother’s Day crafts for kids who don’t have a mother. Because they’re done everywhere, like you said. At school, at Sunday School. How hard to deal with as a kid. πŸ™

Interesting enough, the mother-daughter relationship you have now is probably more precious to you BECAUSE you were without one for so many years. And because you didn’t get to see your mom on her ‘bad’ days. And because your mom wasn’t there to disappoint you or hurt you. And, it has motivated you to show the rest of us (who all take this kind of relationship for granted) just how PRECIOUS it really is. Despite the ‘bad’ days and struggles that come with it. πŸ™‚

Blessings,
    Amy

Amy,
      That’s so true… Because I never knew her, she was the perfect mom and the idea of motherhood has no tarnish for me.

Wait, we’re supposed to do our hair? =p

Awesome video Kat!! You really are an inspiration. It’s catching on over here and we’re already seeing God work. Thanks!!

• Avatar Suzi says:

Wow … hit close to home with this one. Thanks for sharing. I love hearing other moms who recognize the huge calling God has given us as moms!

• Avatar Jane says:

Thanks for sharing.

I’ve got to say you’ve been a big blessing for me. Getting up at 5:30 is so wonderful. I love spending time working out & praising God. The song I keep replaying now is “God Gave Me You”. I’m using this as my anthem to help me get through challenges with my stubborn/willfull 2 year old. When he is throwing a fit I just keep singing “God gave me you for the ups & downs”

I’m doing the Positive Parenting Solutions & the other wonderful thing about getting up early is I can get in one of my 10 minute chunks of time with my oldest before the other 2 are out of their room & my day has to officially start.

You’ve really helped change my attitude

Thank You!

Jane,
      Your children are SO blessed to have a wonderful and proactive mom. All that investment that you’re doing now will bear wonderful fruit in years to come. Well done.

• Avatar Christin says:

Wow Kat. I never knew your testimony (but I am fairly new to your blog). Thank you SO much for your encouragement – I love what you said about fighting to be a good mom…because it’s so true, we do have to fight. And we need to encourage one another, just like this, to KEEP fighting that fight. ((Hugs))
    Can’t wait to meet you face to face at Relevant! πŸ™‚

• Kat, thank you for sharing this! I am encouraged by it. Here’s to fighting the good fight!

Glad to hear it Alicia!
      And um…your blog link title just made me really, really hungry. πŸ™‚

Hmm…I think it would bless my kids if I made them some muffins now…

• Avatar Kenia says:

Wow! I am new to your blog and Im listening at work. Your words made me cry. It is true that we have to continue to fight to be better moms for our kids. I jsut hope that in our fight we do succeed and they do benefit from this fight. I am not a morning person and in my research I came across your blog. I am dowloading your ebook and I will take what you said in mind and tomorrow morning I will try to remember those words when my alarm clock goes off, Round one, I have another day to fight to be a better mom for my son! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Loved your story, Kat. You have a gift for encouragement, sista!
    I so wish I could be at Relevant to talk make-up and all things girly! Our current budjet just won’t allow for it….maybe next year? πŸ˜‰

~h

• Avatar Leslie says:

Loved it! As always, you are such an ecouragement to me!! I love the line about what we are fighting to be!!! You are such a blessing!

• Avatar Amy Carroll says:

It was such a pleasure and inspiration to hear your story. I have two boys, but God gave me 6 nieces!

• Avatar Kristin says:

I so enjoyed watching this. I’m fairly new to your blog so I’ve not read your story. Thanks for sharing! ~K

• Avatar Mary says:

Kat,
    Thank you for posting your story. Your encouragment at the end was what I needed. To keeping fighting to be the mom God wants me to be. I have had one of those bad days except it has been more like a bad week! I would like to blame it on so many other things but it really comes down to me. I really need God’s help to step up to the ring and fight… I am new to your blog and just downloaded your book. I am in need of some inspiration and action steps to make some changes! Thank you for encouraging this mom today!

• Avatar Andrea says:

Thank you—–for paying attention to Him—-for allowing your suffering to transform you—-for renewing your mind. God is using you to encourage/inspire me and I am certain many others. Thank you.

• Awesome Kat! You really know how to get us going. I feel so determined after watching that.

Thanks for sharing your heart.

• You are so stinking adorable, and that hat is classic you in a GREAT way! You made me a better Mom just by watching this! Seriously, no ego stroking, literally cannot wait to start the day!

PS Bella came up to me and said Yum…she saw what I had posted on the fridge for dinner. SCORE!

PPS I feel weird commenting here, that’s why I don’t usually, but I will now..you deserve the feedback and PRAISE!

PPPS XOXO

• That really was inspirational. It started playing and my daughter came running to see and watched it with me. (She’s going on 10.) Tonight as she finally fell asleep she said, “Mom, you know the things she said on the video this morning about changing diapers and those things moms do? You’re being here with me is that.” Oh bless you.
    So she’s asleep and I finally downloaded the ebook Maximize your Mornings. I’d done the other one, creating a mission statement, as soon as it came out. But I guess I just wasn’t ready and now I am…thanks. I didn’t know any of the worship songs you list, so I’m gonna have a great time getting to know them. (I sort of dropped out of the CCM scene when Rich Mullins died, and then we moved across country–no radio.) What I’d been doing all summer: pray for God to wake me before anyone else and lay in bed praying…stretching maybe…about a half hour. Gonna ratchet it up a notch with Bible reading, stretching definitely, and then pick a daily exercise with the kidlet.
    Thanks, Kat, for your encouragement.
    I had a SUPER mom for 40 years. (I’m turning 45 in December.) Praise God, but I miss her and I’m nowhere near…”but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of me” (I heard that in real time as I was going to dis myself). Okay. Gonna maximize the morning. Bless you.

Oh my goodness, your comment totally made me tear up! You have SUCH a precious daughter! Give her a hug for me!

“IÒ€ℒm nowhere nearÒ€¦Ò€but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of meÒ€ (I heard that in real time as I was going to dis myself).”

Oh, I LOVE how God interrupted you with the truth! Thanks for making me cry and smile. πŸ™‚

• What a beautiful story! We are not “just” anything, so true! I’d be honored to help you with makeup at Relevant, can’t wait to meet you πŸ™‚

• Avatar {shannon} says:

What a might God we serve… only God can take a “motherless” girl and use her to teach women how to be a better mom. I love the way He thinks… Thank you for sharing your story and encouraging us!

• […] if you missed it earlier this week, I shared my motherhood story. If you haven’t seen it yet, please take a minute to watch it. I hope it encourages and […]

• Avatar Kelly says:

Thank you so much for this! I really needed to hear it at this time in my journey of motherhood.

• thank you! this inspires me to never take my own mom for granted the generosity and love that she pours out on me. thank you for a needed reminder!

• Avatar Susan says:

Thank you for sharing your genuine heart and hope for all moms! You are such an inspiration πŸ™‚

• […] with the hat. (Actually, I recorded this video the same day as the “My Story” video, but I do wear that hat a […]

• […] a moving story of motherhood via video ~ @ Inspired to […]