A FREE Parenting Webinar and More Cool Stuff

By September 21, 2010General

I’m really excited to share that I’m teaming up with Amy McCready from Positive Parenting Solutions to bring you an awesome kick off for Mom-iversity. We’re hosting a free “webinar” (like a seminar, but on the web….web—inar. Get it? Yeah.)

Amy will be sharing live via video and I’ll be in the text chat room where you can ask questions, comment and we can all interact. Here are all the details.

—————————————–

Topic: The Art of Consequences

Thursday, September 30
9:00-10:00 PM EDT / 6:00 -7:00 PM PDT

Sponsored by Kat from InspiredToAction.com & Positive Parenting Solutions.

Who Should Attend: Frustrated parents of kids ages 2-16

What You’ll Learn: Amy McCready, Founder of Positive Parenting Solutions will present a strategy-packed, interactive, LIVE online webinar designed to teach youรขโ‚ฌยฆ

* why kids really misbehave what you may be doing to make it worse!
* how your personality can encourage and even escalate misbehaviors
* punishment vs. consequences and why it matters to your kids
* the 5 “must haves” for a successful consequence
* new resources to reduce parenting stress and feel more confident for your most important job

You can ask questions via text chat and Amy will make them part of the webinar.

—————————————–

Doesn’t that sound great?! I’m excited about the inspiration and tools that Amy is going to provide, but I’m honestly also really excited about just getting to chat with you all. I hope you’ll mark it on your calendar and make a point to join us!!

Register Here

In order to attend, you’ll need to register ahead of time, so go ahead and click here to sign up and reserve your spot. It’s FREE.

Invite Your Friends

And I’d love it if you’d share the event on Facebook or Twitter or your blog. Your friends will thank you!

Blog Talk Radio Today

In other news, if you’re available this morning at 10am CST, I’ll be on Susan Heid’s Blog Talk Radio show for moms. I’d love it if you’d tune in! We’ll be talking about Maximizing Your Mornings.

You Are Awesome

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you. I am SO inspired by all the stories of action you share on Monday’s and through out the week on your blogs, Facebook and Twitter (shout out to the #hellomornings girls).

You are inspiring all the moms who read the comments, the FB wall or see your post on Twitter. And you’re inspiring your real life friends who see you setting goals, making mission statements, reading books and doing your best to follow hard after God.

Most of all, whether you see it or not, you’re deeply impacting the lives of your children. The small changes you make now will impact generations to come.

So be encouraged that every prayer you pray while changing diapers, every time you choose to speak in love rather than frustration, every time you decide to crawl out of bed to get on your knees for your children, it matters more than you could possibly imagine.

Well done, my friends. Well done.

Comments

• Avatar Amber Cullum says:

I wish I could listen to you on the radio this a.m. I don’t have a 2 year old, but if I can stay awake from 9-10 p.m. on Thursday the 30th I would love to be apart of the webinar.

Thanks for encouraging us to get going in the morning. It has become much easier for me now that my son is sleeping through the night, but I still struggle to use my time in the morning wisely…….at times.

Amber,
      You won’t miss the interview -I’m going to post the interview on the blog next week.

Ah, but your trying – that’s what matters! And don’t be too hard on yourself. The sleep deprived years are tough!

• Avatar Jessica says:

Boo hooo hooo (CRYING), it will be in the middle of the night for me and I can’t see it : ( Will there be a ‘rerun’ I could watch, no need to have an interractive portion to it, just straight forward watching it???

• Avatar Jan says:

This is way past my bedtime as well. Is there a possiblity of recording the webinar for future viewing online?

Jan – There’s a recording you can buy, but I’m going to see if we can rerun it so that readers outside the US can view it. Stay tuned.

• Avatar Julia says:

It sounds wonderful! So excited, yet I’m wondering if there will be a recording of it for later? It will be 3am where I live. Thanks!

• Avatar Tara says:

I’m wondering if you can tell me what time this is by GMT so I can work out what time it is for me on the West Coast of Australia? ๐Ÿ™‚

O’dark thirty? ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried to look it up online, but I’m Time Zone Challenged. I do know that it it will be at 8pm CST and CST is GMT – 6

Not sure if that helps. I know I’M still confused. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Avatar Tara says:

I’m +8, so I’m 14 hours ahead of CST, which would make it 10am the next day. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Avatar Amy says:

I would love to “attend,” but we will be driving home from my daughter’s ballet class and fixing dinner at this time. So I echo the question already asked, will there be a recording?

Amy,
      There will be a recording of it that Amy will offer on her site. Not sure what the price tag is off the top of my head, though. I’m am also trying to see if we can re-air it for readers in Australia and other parts of the world. Maybe you could tune in then?

• […] the webinar with Amy McCready is filling up fast. It’s free, but you need to register to attend. I’ll be sending out […]

• Avatar Sara says:

I’m with the others though its the opposite problem–its during our dinner hour! With four little ones, there will be no way I can hear it at 6pm! Please let us know if you re-run it or podcast it.

• Avatar holly says:

i’m so glad you’ll be sharing the interview here. i was really disappointed when i realized i have a meeting at the exact time! darn it ๐Ÿ™‚