May Madness

By May 21, 2010General

I don’t know about you, but every year when May comes around, I find myself wishing for a clone. In a four week span I have summer camps, VBS, 2 school field trips, 3 school parties, 1 school performance, a kindergarten graduation, house guests, birthday parties, and about 12 things I’ve already forgotten.

Can anyone else relate?

In light of May Madness, posting here will be lighter for the next two weeks.

I’m also working on a couple other projects for you that I’m REALLY excited about. They are both hugely practical and will save you a lot of time and help you be more intentional with your kids. I can’t wait until I can tell you all about them.

If you want the first info on the projects, updates over the next two weeks, or just want to chat with other intentional moms, please join us on the Inspired To Action Facebook page.

Finally, here are a few of my favorite blogs that I think you’ll enjoy. These are written by incredible women that I deeply admire. I’ve learned a lot from them and I know you will too:

Passionate Homemaking
Here’s a recent guest post I wrote for Passionate Homemaking. It’s called, “Create A “When Mama Gets Sick” Kit To Help Your Home Run Smoothly.

Small Notebook
It’s a SMALL world. I’ve been reading Small Notebook for years. When my ebook came out, she linked to it and I sent an email thanking her. It turns out we went to college together, attended the same church and knew each other! So crazy.

Impress Your Kids
The premise of this blog is to “impress” the Word of God on our children’s hearts. It’s full of fun and creative ideas. Here’s a guest post I wrote called, “Where Is My Clone?”

Organizing Your Way
I love this blog. It’s full of practical tips, free forms (my love language) and organizing/decluttering inspiration.

Simple Mom
I remember when I first stumbled across this blog a few years ago. I’m pretty sure I heard angels singing. It was the first blog that I saw specifically designed to help mothers. I’ve been reading it ever since.

Big Mama
I just have to include Melanie here because I am constantly amazed at how consistently HILARIOUS she is. Be warned her blog is NOTHING like the others. It’s simply a chronicle of her daily Texas life – except she makes the most mundane things extraordinarily funny with her brilliant writing.

If you’re suffering from May Madness, I hope the next couple of weeks go smoothly for you. If you’re not in the May Madness season of life (or if you’re a seasoned pro) I hope these next two weeks are filled with rest and refreshment for you.

Do you have any favorite blogs to share?

Comments

• Avatar mindy says:

May is the new December as far as crazy and hectic goes. I feel your pain!! Just hold on a couple more weeks!

• Avatar Sara M. says:

It is nuts for me too – school stuff, birthday stuff, a rummage (hopefully – I really need to purge). It’s not just my kids though … we’re doing work on our kitchen too. Yesterday, I don’t think I was home more than an hour and a half between 8:30 and and 5:30. Nuts!

• Avatar Amy B. says:

Thank you for a wonderful favorite blog list! Finding certain blogs that encourage me have been such a blessing! I am LOVING this Inspired blog so much. Here are some of my other favorites.

My First Kitchen: http://www.myfirstkitchen.net/

Baby Shrink: http://babyshrink.com/

Conversion Diary: http://www.conversiondiary.com/

• Avatar Bren says:

I agree with May madness. All year in Texas they worry about TAKS testing then try to cram everything into one month — band concerts, field trips, huge projects, etc. My daughter has three big projects due next week. Luckily she got right on them and has them all finished, but they still required quite a bit of help from Mom. We are also moving to Thailand in July and have a birthday to fit in there somewhere along with a trip to Kentucky for Breyerfest. It’s going to be crazy until school starts again!
    .-= Bren´s last blog ..My Crummy Thyroid! =-.

• Avatar Amy says:

May/June is crazy!!! As a teacher, I have it at home with my kids, and at work with all the teaching/testing/activities/gradeing that needs to be done. Stress non stop = one exhausted mama. While I know that getting up early is going to make my days run more smoothly (or at least make me feel more prepared) it is even harder to get up!

So thankful that May craziness/June is only a season each year and not all year round! 🙂

• Oh my…you need a day off! 🙂

• Avatar Jenn says:

Thanks for the blog links 🙂 Also, just wanted you to know that I got the c.d. in the mail. Thanks so much!!
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..Olympic Trip =-.