(This post is part of the Maximize Your Morning Blog Series. Click here to read the rest of the posts.)
Now for a nice practical post. This (above) is the button we want to avoid in the morning. Here’s how.
1. Listen to music. Make a playlist and put your headphones on as soon as your alarm goes off.
2. Recite a memory verse as soon as the alarm goes off.
3. Pray – as soon as the alarm goes off (seeing a trend here?). Thank God for the day and (in faith) for the strength to get out of bed.
4. Jump out of bed like a firefighter as soon as the alarm goes off. Try not to freak your husband out. But just jump out as SOON as the alarm goes off. No thinking, no talking to yourself. Just jump.
5. Set multiple alarm clocks. Just in case you (accidentally, of course) hit snooze.
6. Move your alarm clock (or back up alarm clock) to the other side of the room.
7. Do Something Terrifying. If you’re crazy serious, set an alarm clock and put it outside of your child’s bedroom. If you’re like me the LAST thing you want is for your child to wake up too early and not get enough sleep. So set that clock for 5 minutes after yours goes off. Possibly a fool proof way to ensure you’ll get out of bed.
8. Get Accountability. Have a friend call you or call a friend as soon as the alarm goes off.
9. Have Your Husband Help. Tell your husband what time you’re going to get up and have him kick you out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. Nicely, of course. (Um…You might want to make sure your marriage is on very good terms for this one.)
10. Do SOMETHING as soon as the alarm goes off. Just don’t hit the snooze.
What tips and tricks have you tried to help you get up in the morning? Please share them in the comments.
This post is part of WFMW.Leave a Comment